Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Going to buy a Mavic soon
603 13 2018-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tomkrist
lvl.4
Flight distance : 276473 ft
Norway

As stated,going to Mavic pro platinium soon. Really looking
forward to that I bought a spark first just to learn
some and soon i am going to step a bit futher.
I got one question. I am still pretty much a noob
and have readed alot about a otg cable for the spark(that is
not working at current app version). How is this working on
the mavic?  I have a samsung S8 with a usb c. Will
i need any more cabel to buy if i want to connect to the rc
with a cabel? Or does this come with the package? I am planning
to buy that pack with extra batterys,etc...How does this work?

2018-1-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Much easier with Mavic your cable will always be connected when using RC, so it’s just turn on RC turn on Mavic Turn on app and everything else is automatic.
I would advise if you can afford it to buy Combo everything you need will be there for you.
Good luck and enjoy your mavic
2018-1-9
Use props
damoUK
First Officer
Flight distance : 693038 ft
United Kingdom

With the Mavic, if you're using a controller, the only way to connect your phone/tablet to the controller is with cables. It comes with lightning (iphone), Micro USB and USB-C, so you should be good to go.

You can buy the Mavic without the controller (useful if you lose and need to replace just the aircraft), but it comes with it if you get the fly-more combo, which you mention you're going for - that will give you everything you need including the controller and cables, case, spare props, mains and car chargers and 4-way hub, extra batteries and battery to USB adaptor (so you can use the batteries like a USB power bank)
2018-1-9
Use props
G_Sig
Captain
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

damoUK Posted at 2018-1-9 11:39
With the Mavic, if you're using a controller, the only way to connect your phone/tablet to the controller is with cables. It comes with lightning (iphone), Micro USB and USB-C, so you should be good to go.

Just remember that the controller only comes with the drone if you buy the fly-more combo, which you mention you're going for - that will give you everything you need including the controller and cables, case, spare props, mains and car chargers and 4-way hub, extra batteries and battery to USB adaptor (so you can use the batteries like a USB power bank)

"Just remember that the controller only comes with the drone if you buy the fly-more combo"

This is not right, the remote controller is included in both.
2018-1-9
Use props
damoUK
First Officer
United Kingdom

G_Sig Posted at 2018-1-9 11:58
"Just remember that the controller only comes with the drone if you buy the fly-more combo"

This is not right, the remote controller is included in both.

You're quite right, I started writing one thing and then changed my train of thought when I re-read the OP comments about buying the package and never proof-read before posting!!
2018-1-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had the fly more combo with the original Mavic that I owned and sold earlier last year. I bought the Platinum version in November and considered my options carefully from before. I decided not to get the fly more combo with the Platinum for the following reasons: -
>I never used the car charger (and I do drive).
>The intelligent flight battery charging hub is the cheaper standard version which charges the batteries in sequence with no reduction in the charge time. I bought the advanced version of the hub separately from DJI which knocks an hour off the charge time on 4 batteries without any risk.
>You'll get 8, 8331 props anyway with the standard bundle (2 full sets) - you get 10 with the combo - an odd number and at £10 a pair it is hardly going to break the bank when needed. Mavic props should last you 200 flights at least anyway so 8 is more than enough if you don't crash
>The power bank adaptor can be bought separately for £18 and is a great (if somewhat underrated) accessory - very handy for discharging batteries on cancelled flights
>More important accessories that you will also eventually end up buying like landing pads, ND filters, 32/64gb Micro SD cards, sun hoods etc are not included
>The Mavic shoulder bag is very cool but I prefer Apple's incase compression case (which is also cheaper) as provides more protection and is less compact and more professional. Sun hoods and landing pads won't fit in the shoulder bag so you'll end up carrying them too...
>Now, the only real reason to buy the fly more combo IMO is that it comes with x3 batteries... Personally, I rarely did three back-to-back flights in one session - always two. Two batteries works perfectly for me and with the platinum I'm getting 50 minutes flight time without touching a charger.
If you will need 3 batteries then do consider the fly more combo but weigh everything up as over accessorising a drone designed for portability kind of defeats the object in having it.
BTW - the Mavic doesn't use an OTG - it comes with x3 micro USB to lightning, type C and micro USB cables for you to choose which device (IOS or Android) you want to use and has a USB port if you want to use a tablet/iPad. Fly safe which ever option you choose and congrats.
2018-1-9
Use props
fans4ee4a121
lvl.4
Canada

damoUK Posted at 2018-1-9 11:39
With the Mavic, if you're using a controller, the only way to connect your phone/tablet to the controller is with cables. It comes with lightning (iphone), Micro USB and USB-C, so you should be good to go.

Just remember that the controller only comes with the drone if you buy the fly-more combo, which you mention you're going for - that will give you everything you need including the controller and cables, case, spare props, mains and car chargers and 4-way hub, extra batteries and battery to USB adaptor (so you can use the batteries like a USB power bank)

No the controller always comes with the mavic
2018-1-9
Use props
tomkrist
lvl.4
Flight distance : 276473 ft
Norway

ok thanks for your info. I am really looking forward
to this drone. Taking it with me on my hike in the mountains
and hopeful get some good shoots. Alot to learn but has
been watching alot of you tube videos and even readed the
manual before i bought it. I hope that will help
2018-1-9
Use props
damoUK
First Officer
United Kingdom

fans4ee4a121 Posted at 2018-1-9 12:11

Yep, already noted and corrected! Thanks.
2018-1-9
Use props
damoUK
First Officer
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-1-9 12:08
I had the fly more combo with the original Mavic that I owned and sold earlier last year. I bought the Platinum version in November and considered my options carefully from before. I decided not to get the fly more combo for the following reasons: -
>I never used the car charger.
>The intelligent flight battery charging hub is the cheaper standard version which charges the batteries in sequence with no reduction in the charge time. I bought the advanced version of the hub separately from DJI which knocks an hour off the charge time on 4 batteries without any risk.

Great idea about using the power bank adapter to discharge the batteries - I hadn't thought of using it for that and always leave the AC on until the batteries are low enough - which probably isn't good for the AC or the battery!
2018-1-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

damoUK Posted at 2018-1-9 12:21
Great idea about using the power bank adapter to discharge the batteries - I hadn't thought of using it for that and always leave the AC on until the batteries are low enough - which probably isn't good for the AC or the battery!

Saves a fortune on electricity and can be used to charge both IOS and Android devices by discharging your mavic batteries fairly quickly! You also don't need to touch the drone and add wear & tear to it.
2018-1-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans4ee4a121 Posted at 2018-1-9 12:11

Thats not correct actually. DJI do sell just the Mavic without an RC - if you go onto their website and scroll down to the bottom of the accessory section under Mavic you can buy just the drone. When the Mavic originally launched on 27 September 2016 in New York they offered 3 different bundles: Drone only, with RC and fly more combo.
2018-1-9
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Captain
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

mavic uses a lighting cable which connects phone to rc via usb. This cable comes with the RC - new ones or spares can be bought easily and cheaply
2018-1-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

You can only connect the Mavic RC to your phone via cable, there are 3 different type of RC cables come with the package, for more details, please visit: https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-pro-platinum 1.png
2018-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules