Mavic pro crash Dji care replacement
4302 6 2018-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Navinder
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11617 ft
United States

I had a crash in which gimbal, drone leg and battery was damaged. So when i talk to the representative they said i should only send the drone back and not the battery since it is damaged.
It has a hump on one side. The battery connector which attaches to charger or drone also broke a little.
Representative mentioned that i will get replacement drone with battery since it is damaged now.I used DJI care to replace the drone.
DJI Repair case number was CAS-1291534-P3G7C4

But when i received the drone back it doesn't have battery on it. I was away on a trip and had a buy a new battery on spot.
Serial number on box: 08QDE8M00R8647

So how DJI care will replace the battery?

2018-1-9
Use props
aaront_vj
lvl.1
United States

I was under the impression that the battery would be replaced too? I had water damage on my Mavic and just sent it out along with the battery. I hope I get a replacement.
2018-1-9
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Yes, coverage of the battery is included and you should receive an undamaged one as part of your Care Refresh replacement. Transporting damaged LiPo batteries is somewhat risky and I believe in the U.S. is legally restricted to ground transportation, which is probably why they didn't want you sending it back. Contact DJI and point out to them that you didn't include the battery at their request but that you're entitled one and hopefully it'll all get worked out.
2018-1-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Navinder, we apologize that you didn't receive the battery replacement, according to policy, battery is included in the DJI Care Refresh service. battery.png
May I have the picture of the borken battery with the serial number in it? I will escalate the case to local team once I get it, appreciate your assistance.
2018-1-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

aaront_vj Posted at 2018-1-9 13:19
I was under the impression that the battery would be replaced too? I had water damage on my Mavic and just sent it out along with the battery. I hope I get a replacement.

Aaront, the battery is included in DJI Care Refresh service, I believe you will get the battery replacement.
If you need any assistance during the repair process, please keep us updated. Thanks. battery.png
2018-1-9
Use props
Navinder
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11617 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-9 18:09
Navinder, we apologize that you didn't receive the battery replacement, according to policy, battery is included in the DJI Care Refresh service.[view_image]
May I have the picture of the borken battery with the serial number in it? I will escalate the case to local team once I get it, appreciate your assistance.

Hi Mindy
I have attached the photos of the affected battery. Its battery connector are broken on both ends and there are crack on top along with hump

Connector break 2.jpg
Connector break.jpg

connector broken

connector broken

battery top crack

battery top crack

serial

serial
2018-1-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Navinder Posted at 2018-1-18 11:41
Hi Mindy
I have attached the photos of the affected battery. Its battery connector are broken on both ends and there are crack on top along with hump

Navinder, thanks for coming back to us, I will escalate the case to local repair team to follow up, we will have someone to contact you after investigation, hope you will receive the battery very soon, we apologize again for the inconvenience caused, thanks for your patience.
2018-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules