Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flight above the sea (Kastela, Croatia)
1673 27 2018-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

Hi all,

For all of those afraid to fly their Sparks.
Rock solid flight, longest distance AC from RC was more than 1km, not a single issue, almost all the time above the sea, AC-RC @5.8GHz, minimum 3 bars of video signal.
You have to love this bird.
For some reason, YT offered me monetization although I am not even close to 10k views, so your likes and subscriptions will be highly appreciated.
Enjoy!

2018-1-9
Use props
Mik8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 146690 ft
Italy

Really ejoyed the view! What did you use for editing?
2018-1-9
Use props
dlewinsohn18
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67257 ft
United States

Cool. Hope you get some money
2018-1-9
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

Mik8 Posted at 2018-1-9 15:11
Really ejoyed the view! What did you use for editing?

DaVinci Resolve
Probably the most powerful free video editing software out there currently.
2018-1-9
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

dlewinsohn18 Posted at 2018-1-9 15:12
Cool. Hope you get some money

In my country I'll need to get like 1M views to be able to earn enough for one Spark battery.
2018-1-9
Use props
Brambleman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20627 ft
United States

Absolutely stunning, love the mountains in the background.
2018-1-9
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice...thanks!
2018-1-9
Use props
N8m888
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80535 ft
United Kingdom

How did you manage those sort of distances in CE ? Did you need any permissions to fly in Croatia ?
2018-1-9
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

N8m888 Posted at 2018-1-9 23:18
How did you manage those sort of distances in CE ? Did you need any permissions to fly in Croatia ?

Have no idea, seems like my Spark is really quality built. And yes, we do have various kind of licenses to fly in Croatia. I am holding so called, C class license. Was planning to get D one as well together with my PPL renewal but figured out I will not be able to use Spark with that one as that one requires bird with redundant systems and parachute.
2018-1-9
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Really beautiful footage, thank you for sharing! Unfortunately the video does not run smoothly. Why did you convert it to 60 FPS? Something must have gone wrong in rendering.
2018-1-10
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-10 00:00
Really beautiful footage, thjank you for sharing! Unfortunately the video does not run smoothly. Why did you convert it to 60 FPS? Something must have gone wrong in rendering.

Too much experimenting with the video editing software. Does not run smoothly because Sparks 30fps cannot handle speedy flights. On top of that, YT transcodes uploaded videos and additionally kills the bitrate.
2018-1-10
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

N8m888 Posted at 2018-1-9 23:18

As long as you see 5.8GHz on the mobile display, you can fly past 1.5 km distance. But dont fly with 2.4GHz wifi. it will create a flyaway or disconnections between spark and rc.
2018-1-10
Use props
N8m888
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80535 ft
United Kingdom

S.J Posted at 2018-1-10 00:37
As long as you see 5.8GHz on the mobile display, you can fly past 1.5 km distance. But dont fly with 2.4GHz wifi. it will create a flyaway or disconnections between spark and rc.

CE mode has max diatances of 500m in 2.4Ghz and 300m in 5.8Ghz ??
2018-1-10
Use props
Terry Lee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13996 ft
Hong Kong

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-1-9 23:54
Have no idea, seems like my Spark is really quality built. And yes, we do have various kind of licenses to fly in Croatia. I am holding so called, C class license. Was planning to get D one as well together with my PPL renewal but figured out I will not be able to use Spark with that one as that one requires bird with redundant systems and parachute.

Hi , would you mind to share how to get that license (just registered somewhere or need to pass a test?) as I tried to search around but can't find a solid answer what's the regulation there? Thanks!
2018-5-8
Use props
ChrisJG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Superb video, congrats that really is very good.
2018-5-9
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
Second Officer
Flight distance : 903350 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Really nice views. Congratulations!
2018-5-9
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

United States

Terry Lee Posted at 2018-5-8 23:42
Hi , would you mind to share how to get that license (just registered somewhere or need to pass a test?) as I tried to search around but can't find a solid answer what's the regulation there? Thanks!

For Croatia, getting licenses is IMHO extremely complicated and cumbersome.
You basically need two of them, one for flying the drone, another one to use 2.4/5.8 GHz bandwidths.

Here's the link with info:
http://www.ccaa.hr/english/general_372/

Prepare for a lot of reading, lot of figuring out... it depends what class of operation you want to do as well. A and B licenses are somewhat easier, with C and especially D it gets really complicated with A LOT of paperwork and stuff. C and D need exams.... however PPL holders don't need to take it. But PPL must be currently valid one... oh boy...

http://www.ccaa.hr/english/conducting-flight-operations_415/

Ah, and another thing... I could not find required forms in English, just Croatian.... so.... good luck!

2018-5-9
Use props
Adam Krakowiak
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33812 ft
Poland

If I'm planning to make some holiday footage in places on Istria like: Pula, Rovinj, Rijeka, Hum, Motovun, do I need any special license ?
I'll use only Spark (so less than 0,6 kg) and only for my own use.
2018-5-9
Use props
Duncdude
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18491 ft
United Kingdom

well done. very brave flight too.
2018-5-9
Use props
Northwood
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Beautiful location and sky, you captured it well.
2018-5-9
Use props
Terry Lee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13996 ft
Hong Kong

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-5-9 02:33
For Croatia, getting licenses is IMHO extremely complicated and cumbersome.
You basically need two of them, one for flying the drone, another one to use 2.4/5.8 GHz bandwidths.

Thanks very much for the information. If I'm taking my Spark for holiday, any idea do I need the license?
2018-5-9
Use props
adra2895
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24131 ft
Costa Rica

Lovely place and great video!
2018-5-10
Use props
Flighty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

Great video,, just delivered a yacht to Kastela only last week,,,
2018-5-10
Use props
BerkoZg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2628 ft
Croatia

Odlilčan video. Bravo. Pozz iz Zagreba.
2018-5-10
Use props
ArnoSpark
lvl.4
Kenya

I really liked it so amazing. Also try to slow down the camera movement to give it cinematic feel. All in all well done   
2018-5-13
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Really nice video man ! Just watch for the Reverse 0:39 till 0.41 that you dont reverse the video when you have front motion as it exposes what you did.

Pointing to the White Van in the Lower Right corner.

You are a really Good Pilot Buddy ! Welldone. Croatia is Beautiful, wish to come Visit You !

Big Hugs from Malta, Brother !
2018-5-13
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-1-10 00:04
Too much experimenting with the video editing software.  Does not run smoothly because Sparks 30fps cannot handle speedy flights. On top of that, YT transcodes uploaded videos and additionally kills the bitrate.

I heard there is a Program that renders 30fps Spark videos to 60fps interlaced so very smoother videos.

Let me check the link and post it here - 1 minute

2018-5-13
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Nice one keep it up!
2018-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules