"Vision system error" and no access to gimbal
913 5 2018-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheFinn
New
Panama

Hi folks,

Need your help! Spent now more than 12 hours on my issue of which 5 hours with DJI support chat without any help.

I tried to upgrade to firmware V01.04.0100 but the update originally did not go through, it looked to be successful but when restarting the app the firmware update popped up again, so did it again with the same end result.

In the end decided to fly without having the new firmware but faced a “Vision system error” with no access to the Gimbal settings on the main menu.  Also under the aircraft status it says that Gimbal status is N/A. The camera is working e.g. can see visual, but cannot take photos nor control the gimbal (also the memory card is not recognised). Calibration with DJI assistant 2 app cannot be done as nothing happens pointing the drone towards the black dots on white background, seems that the front sensors are not working. When opening calibration the sensors below the drone show a picture for 0,5 seconds in the screens where is says “sensor status - right and left”. Also the sensors below the drone have started to make an unusual noise. BTW. flying is possible with the drone.

With DJI support chat I did:

- Restarts on the equipment and app

- Reinstalls of DJI GO 4 app and reinstalls of DJI Assistant 2

- Reinstalls/refreshes of firmware V01.04.0100 (both the drone and RC)

- Calibrations with DJI Assistant 2 unsuccessful

- Runs of IMU update

- Tried to go back on software version (no older version available on DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2)

- Tried to do factory reset, not successful with DJI Assistant 2

Hardware/software used:

- Upgrading to V01.04.0100 (same for the RC)

- DJI GO 4 app version 4.1.22

- DJI Assistant 2 (two windows computers with Windows 7 & 10

- Phones, Huawei Mate 9 and iPhone 7 plus

- Aircraft on RC mode

Any insights on how to fix this would be highly appreciated! I guess this is software related, but could it be that some wire is disconnected? Is there a way to manually downgrade to older firmware?

Sending the drone to DJI repair centre would be a major hassle as the closest one is 3000 km away in another country J

TheFinn
2018-1-9
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

https://youtube.com/watch?v=IfgAiheTSkk
2018-1-9
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

This video should help you
2018-1-9
Use props
Numpty12345
lvl.4
Flight distance : 34042 ft
United States

silly ? did you remove the stickers on front sensors ?
2018-1-11
Use props
TheFinn
New
United States

Thanks for the tips!

However the calibration on DJI Assistant 2 is not working as the sensors on the drone do not work.

Also, the stickers I have removed half a year ago when I started flying the drone

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated!
2018-1-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

TheFinn Posted at 2018-1-11 16:29
Thanks for the tips!

However the calibration on DJI Assistant 2 is not working as the sensors on the drone do not work.

Hi Finn, sorry for this, could you please provide a short video of this issue? I'd like to look into it, and see if there is anything we can try.
2018-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules