Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Clarity
1468 13 2018-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Far_North
First Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

Just to be clear, is it true that JDI Go 4 and Spark do not support OTG with Crystalsky when all is up to date with latest FW?
2018-1-10
Use props
Tviscomi
Captain
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes it is true
2018-1-10
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

No it is not true this way. Crystalsky and the RC for Spark with all devices being on the latest firmware can be connected via OTG cable. It is only the current version of DJI GO 4 which does not support OTG, but this will be fixed and released when ready.
2018-1-10
Use props
Tviscomi
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-10 04:58
No it is not true this way. Crystalsky and the RC for Spark with all devices being on the latest firmware can be connected via OTG cable. It is only the current version of DJI GO 4 which does not support OTG, but this will be fixed and released when ready.

So DJI is recommending not using the most current version of the DJI Go 4 App for use with the CrystalSky?
2018-1-10
Use props
CoreyB10
Captain
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Buy CrystalSky you must. Solution for OTG there is not....Must think we are made of money.
2018-1-10
Use props
Tviscomi
Captain
  • >>>
United States

CoreyB10 Posted at 2018-1-10 05:26
Buy CrystalSky you must. Solution for OTG there is not....Must think we are made of money.

It is pretty sad that they (DJI) can come up with a wired (OTG) solution for their own hardware (i.e. CrystalSky).  I can sorta understand the dilemma with with other Android tables/phones due to the various hardware configurations.
2018-1-10
Use props
CoreyB10
Captain
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-1-10 05:30
It is pretty sad that they (DJI) can come up with a wired (OTG) solution for their own hardware (i.e. CrystalSky).  I can sorta understand the dilemma with with other Android tables/phones due to the various hardware configurations.

With all the other stuff they add in the updates for all craft, surely an IOS and Droid solution can be figured out and delivered. They didn't take long to sort out the issue with the latest IOS when it decided that the app was "No Likey" and crashed every 15 seconds. It's China and the Chinese have been putting the rest of the world to shame for years with this kind of technology.
2018-1-10
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-1-10 05:30

Why are you insisting to turn my words into something I have never said? What is your problem please? The OP question was if it was true that CrystalSky and Spark could not be used with OTG and latest FIRMWARE. My response was that they can use OTG with the latest Firmware, but not with the current GO 4 version. And this means logically, that CrystalSky owners like me are in no better situation right now than any other Android user!!! Is that so hard to understand? The truth is that those using other Android devices are actually in a better situation because they simply need to downgrade their GO 4 to version 4.1.15 and can enjoy all functions plus OTG without limitations. On CrystalSky this is not easily possible this way. Thus if your motivation is to blame DJI for something, please do it on a different topic, this one rather fires back...Just what I can swear is, that my answer to OP is correct because I have tested it with latest firmware on all devices involved. OTG is working perfectly, but not with GO 4 versions 4.1.18 or .22. And on that we have hundreds of threads meanwhile, nothing valuable to add though.
2018-1-10
Use props
Tviscomi
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-10 13:24
Why are you insisting to turn my words into something I have never said? What is your problem please? The OP question was if it was true that CrystalSky and Spark could not be used with OTG and latest FIRMWARE. My response was that they can use OTG with the latest Firmware, but not with the current GO 4 version. And this means logically, that CrystalSky owners like me are in no better situation right now than any other Android user!!! Is that so hard to understand? The truth is that those using other Android devices are actually in a better situation because they simply need to downgrade their GO 4 to version 4.1.15 and can enjoy all functions plus OTG without limitations. On CrystalSky this is not easily possible this way. Thus if your motivation is to blame DJI for something, please do it on a different topic, this one rather fires back...Just what I can swear is, that my answer to OP is correct because I have tested it with latest firmware on all devices involved. OTG is working perfectly, but not with GO 4 versions 4.1.18 or .22. And on that we have hundreds of threads meanwhile, nothing valuable to add though.

I assume you meant to quote this post, "So DJI is recommending not using the most current version of the DJI Go 4 App for use with the CrystalSky?"

Which seemed to have ended in a question mark.  Either way the CS does not work using OTG with the Spark. Irregardless of whether or not its a hardware or software issue.
2018-1-10
Use props
Tviscomi
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-10 13:47
It is definitely not a hardware issue, it is definitely not a firmware issue, it is an issue with the current app version. And different from users of other Android devices who can choose which app version to use, CrystalSky users can't because the app is embedded with the firmware updates and cannot be uninstalled. Thus right now OTG does not work for CrystalSky users, but this will be corrected soon. If OP wanted to know this, he should have worded his question differently. He was asking specifically about firmware.
What I did not like in your conclusions was that you turned my response into suggesting that DJI had put CrystalSky owners in a better position than users of other Android devices. The opposite is actually the truth right now. But not for long I trust.

Point well taken...
2018-1-10
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-1-10 13:33
I assume you meant to quote this post, "So DJI is recommending not using the most current version of the DJI Go 4 App for use with the CrystalSky?"

Which seemed to have ended in a question mark.  Either way the CS does not work using OTG with the Spark. Irregardless of whether or not its a hardware or software issue.

Thank you and sorry for having deleted the original post which was inteded to respond to you directly. But you were faster :-)

It is definitely not a hardware issue, it is definitely not a firmware issue, it is an issue with the current app version. And different from users of other Android devices who can choose which app version to use, CrystalSky users can't because the app is embedded with the firmware updates and cannot be uninstalled. Thus right now OTG does not work for CrystalSky users, but this will be corrected soon. If OP wanted to know this, he should have worded his question differently. He was asking specifically about firmware.
What I did not like in your conclusions was that you turned my response into suggesting that DJI had put CrystalSky owners in a better position than users of other Android devices. The opposite is actually the truth right now. But not for long I trust.
2018-1-10
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Thank you again and I believe all is solved now. It is a bad situation and it will hopefully be corrected soon.
2018-1-10
Use props
Far_North
First Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

Thank you all for your replies.  I have a CS coming that should be here on Monday and I was a little confused about if it would work with OTG.   I sometimes forget that FW updates and app updates are two different things.   I'll keep an eye out here for when/if OTG connectivity becomes available.
2018-1-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

All OK up to the latest GO 4 app version so if you're up-to-date then no OTG.
2018-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules