Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4A new firmware for Pano mode (360,horiz,vert)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Susan
Administrator

TerraFLY.pl Posted at 2018-9-4 13:27
Hi, please add me to list for the beta firmware.
Mail: milosz.placek@gmail.com

Received with thanks! The beta will be available around 1-2 working days, please have a try when you receive it.
2018-9-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Håkan K Posted at 2018-9-5 02:52
Well. That's explaining it. I do only have 01.00.0132. Can you please provide me with the latest?

Thanks!

Copy that. The beta will be available around 1-2 working days, you may check later.
2018-9-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

sys101 Posted at 2018-9-6 16:33
Hello,
Did anyone do the update (v 01.00.0800 beta) and the panorama mode still doesn't appear in the APP?
The update completed successfully.

Hi sys101, may I know what's the current version of your App? You may try to reinstall the APP to check whether it helps. If still not, please kindly provide us the screenshot for better assistance, thanks!
2018-9-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_chris#81 Posted at 2018-9-7 04:35
For the P4A+ is the last app-version 4.2.6!
What can we do?
Is a newer app version (maybe with german language) for the plus version (with display) in planning?

Hi Chris, currently, it is available to update the APP of built-in screen separately, you may refer to the below and try: Settings(the third icon on the top left corner)>Appication Settings>Check for Update. The V4.2.16 will pop up if the internet is connected, you may confirm.
2018-9-7
Use props
djiuser_chris#81
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-7 05:59
Hi Chris, currently, it is available to update the APP of built-in screen separately, you may refer to the below and try: Settings(the third icon on the top left corner)>Appication Settings>Check for Update. The V4.2.16 will pop up if the internet is connected, you may confirm.

No new version will be found with the described way!
The version stays at 4.2.6 (67-dpad)!
See appendix.
2018-9-7
Use props
sys101
Israel

Håkan K Posted at 2018-9-7 03:40
Are you running the minimum required app versions as in #307?

Hi,
I am using the crystalsky monitor and the app in built in. I think it is the latest version of the app. Where does it say the minimum required?
Thank you for your help,
Yoni
2018-9-7
Use props
sys101
Israel

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-7 05:48
Hi sys101, may I know what's the current version of your App? You may try to reinstall the APP to check whether it helps. If still not, please kindly provide us the screenshot for better assistance, thanks!

Hi Susan,
I updated the built in app in the CS, and now everything is working.
Thank you very much,
Yoni
2018-9-7
Use props
Fabriziooo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 244829 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi

i tried today the panorama mode. and i'm a bit disapointed.

the P4A takes pictures at 20 Megapixel, for 8 Megabyte each.

the 180° panorama takes 21 pictures, so it give a total of 168 Megabyte, for 420 Megapixel. Of course, the stitching process assemble all the pictures, and many of them contain the same things, so the final panorama will not really weight 168 MB, nor 420 Megapixel. But here, it is far far away from that.

when i landed after the panorama mode, i went in the preview of the DJI Go apps to launch the stitching process. it lasted 30 sec. 30 sec to manage 21 pictures of 8 Megabyte each. wow. looking at the result : the stitching is good, no artifact or anything, but the quality is incredibly low. the panorama itself weight 8 Megabyte, so the same size of only ONE image of the 21 took during the panorama. looking in the details of the pictures, the resolution is 3514x1631. this is 5 Megapixel panorama. so 4X less than only ONE of the 21 pictures took during the panorama. on a 17" screen, the panorama look "acceptable". so don't even zoom on it, you will not see any details but only pixels.

so i'm a bit disappointed, as the official product itself make worse results than tier apps, like Hangar 360 which is simply on another level for this. there is no resolution loss, you can zoom at maximum, the quality will be the same as the pictures took during the panorama. of course, this is not working the same way, it has to upload pictures to their server, it takes an hour to process, and it is only viewable online, and the file probably weight 150 Megabyte on their server, but wow the difference is so big !

Hangar 360 panorama made myself : https://viewer.hangar.com/360?productId=o0W23oOr

DJI GO 4 panorama made myself at the same place :

i don't know if smartphone are powerfull enough to handle a real stitching without resolution loss, or a little one, but if so, please make something more focused on the quality, despite the time to achieve it. a good panorama will never be done in 30 sec, and a panorama is made to be seen in big screens, or even printed, so they need to have nearly the same quality of the original pictures, not 5 Megapixel ! please, take your time, but change something.

a message from a french developer.
2018-9-8
Use props
Fabriziooo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 244829 ft
  • >>>
France

a clearer explanations than words :

Hangar 360 app panorama :

One of the original pictures took during the panorama flight :

https://www.casimages.com/i/180909122541750489.png.html

the same view from the panorama made by the Hangar 360 app :

https://www.casimages.com/i/180909122718467104.png.html

--------------------------------

now the DJI Go comparison :

One of the original pictures took during the panorama flight :

https://www.casimages.com/i/180909122648538998.png.html

the same view from the panorama made by the DJI GO 4 app :

https://www.casimages.com/i/180909122613157891.png.html
2018-9-8
Use props
SzupAir Gabor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 524088 ft
Hungary

I do only have 01.00.0132. Can you please provide me with the latest?
2018-9-8
Use props
Thatsodd
Flight distance : 1385 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-28 00:08
Hello All,

Thanks for your patience. Currently, the beta firmware for P4A is available. This version will fix a rare issue where progress could stall during gimbal auto calibration and add the Pano shooting mode(with Android V4.2.8 or higher and IOS V4.2.12).

hi susan i have been patiently waiting months   for a pano mode to come onto my p4a can i please have the beta firmware too ...thnx
2018-9-9
Use props
Thatsodd
United Kingdom

Thatsodd Posted at 2018-9-9 13:25
hi susan i have been patiently waiting months   for a pano mode to come onto my p4a can i please have the beta firmware too ...thnx

i have to reply to my own message here as i cannot find a way of editing it i forgot to put my email for the beta any way it is   stuartw39@hotmail.com
2018-9-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_chris#81 Posted at 2018-9-7 08:48
No new version will be found with the described way!
The version stays at 4.2.6 (67-dpad)!
See appendix.

Chris, please try to disconnect the internet and then connect later, follow the above steps to check this page again to see whether it works. I've tried this at our end, it works well, please help us confirm, thanks so much!
2018-9-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Fabriziooo Posted at 2018-9-8 14:16
a clearer explanations than words :

Hangar 360 app panorama :

Hi Fabriziooo, the pano feature will be optimized in the official firmware. We'll release on our website as soon as it is ready. You may use the PC software to figure this out temporarily. Sorry about this.
2018-9-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SzupAir Gabor Posted at 2018-9-8 15:38
I do only have 01.00.0132. Can you please provide me with the latest?

Hello SzupAir Gabor, I've checked the PM, but do not find your message. Could you tell us your DJI Account(the email address when you log in DJI GO/DJI GO4)? We'll add help you get the beta and have a try.
2018-9-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thatsodd Posted at 2018-9-9 13:45
i have to reply to my own message here as i cannot find a way of editing it i forgot to put my email for the beta any way it is

Received with thanks! The beta will be available around 1-2 working days, you may check later.
2018-9-10
Use props
AIOWEB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4380 ft
Mexico

Hello Susan, i have the P4A and im interested in beta firmware for pano mode, my dji account email: edc@aioweb.net
2018-9-10
Use props
djiuser_chris#81
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-10 04:34
Chris, please try to disconnect the internet and then connect later, follow the above steps to check this page again to see whether it works. I've tried this at our end, it works well, please help us confirm, thanks so much!

Even the temporary disconnection of the internet connection leads to the same result: no new version available.
Also the cache has been reset and the complete remote control.
No update from version 4.2.6 to 4.2.16 possible!
What more can i do?

Thx, chris
2018-9-10
Use props
SzupAir Gabor
lvl.1
Hungary

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-10 04:44
Hello SzupAir Gabor, I've checked the PM, but do not find your message. Could you tell us your DJI Account(the email address when you log in DJI GO/DJI GO4)? We'll add help you get the beta and have a try.

szupergabor94@gmail.com
2018-9-10
Use props
DarkZero
Second Officer
Flight distance : 923127 ft
Australia

Why can't you just take a series of photos and stitch later? Need a mode just to sit there and yaw while taking photos...
2018-9-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

AIOWEB Posted at 2018-9-10 08:45
Hello Susan, i have the P4A and im interested in beta firmware for pano mode, my dji account email:

Well received, the beta will be available around 1-2 working days, you may have a try later.
2018-9-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_chris#81 Posted at 2018-9-10 10:11
Even the temporary disconnection of the internet connection leads to the same result: no new version available.
Also the cache has been reset and the complete remote control.
No update from version 4.2.6 to 4.2.16 possible!

Sorry about this. Is there any chance change to another location with a good GPS signal and connect the mobile hotspot? Not sure if it is the individual issue, we're still collecting the info to confirm the exact status.
2018-9-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Copy that. I'll help you get the beta and try later.
2018-9-11
Use props
Ecuaman
lvl.3

Ecuador

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-11 00:53

Hi Susan, I'm new to drone business surfing arround this forum and found this thread. Just wonder when this update will be available in the official update? Or must I provide my account email?
In that case here it is: thomas.hoggren@gmail.com
2018-9-11
Use props
Thatsodd
United Kingdom

Thatsodd Posted at 2018-9-9 13:45
i have to reply to my own message here as i cannot find a way of editing it i forgot to put my email for the beta any way it is

thanx for the beta
lots of colours(colors) cant remember what they were before
none
truecolor
d-cinema
d-log
film
black and white
cool
twighlight
pale
sepia
warm
blue
blockbuster
1080p slow motion does not seem to be working (normal speed)
not tested the panoramic yet due to silly uk weather
and frequent video disconnections and re connections from the tablet  (android app version 4.3.0)  longest lasting just a few second rather annoying
2018-9-11
Use props
Thatsodd
United Kingdom

tested all pano modes all the shots are great as like they are on the mavic air as i can only compare them to the air with no props showing and great results
one problem is ...
it does not stitch them together on the sd card like the mavic air does can we please have that added feature
2018-9-12
Use props
fans55dc6ab6
Flight distance : 1876778 ft
  • >>>
Poland

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-11 00:53

Can you add me please to the beta firmware list?
I have sent you a pm with my account.
2018-9-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Ecuaman Posted at 2018-9-11 03:38
Hi Susan, I'm new to drone business  surfing arround this forum and found this thread. Just wonder when this update will be available in the official update? Or must I provide my account email?
In that case here it is:

Hello Ecuaman, welcome to the DJI Forum. We do not have the estimated turnaround about the official firmware for now, you may try the beta version later and see whether it works well.
2018-9-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thatsodd Posted at 2018-9-12 04:11
tested all pano modes all the shots are great as like they are on the mavic air as i can only compare them to the air with no props showing and great results
one problem is ...
it does not stitch them together on the sd card like the mavic air does can we please have that added feature

Hello Thatsodd, I'm afraid that stitching in the SD card is not available for the P4A for now. If you need the qualified pano, you may try to edit in PC to solve this temporarily.
2018-9-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans55dc6ab6 Posted at 2018-9-12 04:23
Can you add me please to the beta firmware list?
I have sent you a pm with my account.

Sorry for the late response. I've received your message in PM, the beta will be available around 1-2 working days later, you may have a try when you receive it.
2018-9-12
Use props
Arquirook
lvl.1

Mexico

Hi Susan! Please add me too! I'm arquirook@yahoo.com.mx
Thanks for the support!
2018-9-15
Use props
Thatsodd
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-12 18:57
Hello Thatsodd, I'm afraid that stitching in the SD card is not available for the P4A for now. If you need the qualified pano, you may try to edit in PC to solve this temporarily.

thnx DJI Susan .. for now sounds hopeful.. that the auto stitch feature might be added to the finished product ...we can only hope as doing the stitching on a pc is rather difficult (basically im always getting it wrong )...but adding the pano to the p4a is really the best .. a GREAT thnx
2018-9-16
Use props
fans55dc6ab6
Flight distance : 1876778 ft
  • >>>
Poland

OK I am using panorama mode for few days. Everything is really fine, video recording, drone flying, everything, except one thing, maybe others have found solution to this issue. When I upload panorama made on iPhone to facebook it automatically detects and turns on the vr mode, but when I upload it from a drone it doesn't recognise it as panorama and uploads as weird around the world.
2018-9-16
Use props
architfly123
lvl.1
India

Kindly send beta release on

architfly@gmail.com
2018-9-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Arquirook Posted at 2018-9-15 16:12
Hi Susan! Please add me too! I'm
Thanks for the support!

Well received, I'll forward to the team to add you in the beta list.
2018-9-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thatsodd Posted at 2018-9-16 03:36
thnx DJI Susan .. for now sounds hopeful.. that the auto stitch feature might be added to the finished product ...we can only hope as doing the stitching on a pc is rather difficult (basically im always getting it wrong )...but adding the pano to the p4a is really the best .. a GREAT thnx

You are welcome. We'll release on our website as soon as there is an update. Thanks for your attention.
2018-9-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans55dc6ab6 Posted at 2018-9-16 10:57
OK I am using panorama mode for few days. Everything is really fine, video recording, drone flying, everything, except one thing, maybe others have found solution to this issue. When I upload panorama made on iPhone to facebook it automatically detects and turns on the vr mode, but when I upload it from a drone it doesn't recognise it as panorama and uploads as weird around the world.

May I have some samples or issue video for better assistance?
2018-9-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

architfly123 Posted at 2018-9-17 01:35
Kindly send beta release on

Received with thanks! The beta will be available around 1- 2 working days, you may have a try when you receive it.
2018-9-18
Use props
SzupAir Gabor
lvl.1
Hungary

Dear, Susan
I still don’t get the new beta firmware (with pano mode)
Please help me, to get that as soon as possible.
My dji account: szupergabor94@gmail.com

Thank you
2018-9-19
Use props
architfly123
lvl.1
India

Hi,

It is still not reflecting on architfly@gmail.com

Can you please recheck ?? Have been waiting for 3 days now.

2018-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules