2111 29 2018-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_CtpCifm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 152644 ft
Malta

I am having a big problem with DJI.

They are always trying to turn the situation in their adavantage.

All they do in case of flyaway and lost drone is offering 15% discount on the next drone and if/when you dispute it they just attach the manual .pdf to the previous reply without even taking in account what the customer is asking. BAD AND POOR AFTER SALE AND TECH SUPPORT.

They have no respect for their customer, their after sale is terrible, and their analysts are lazy and with the fakest courtesy incite you to write again should you have other doubts. Of course, all of this will stays unanswered.

Long story short I was flying my drone on a wonderful day:

Compass calibration perfect
No obstacles on the way
Clear sky
0 wind
Antennas full stretched (90 degress)
100% battery

Wow it seems that this is the ideal condition to test what they sell on their specs. With all the above condition the drone should go about 7km in lenght, also because the new Mavic Platinum has a battery that lasts 30 minutes. WOW.

Well gents, that's the first lie.

Secondly, I was flying at about 5km with 62% of battery left. Battery was going down tremendously despite of the good weather and 0 wind. BRAND NEW BATTERY. 2 weeks new and very few flights beacuse it was raining last week.

Hang on a second, 10:07 flight with all the ideal weather conditions and no wind and with a full battery, without obstacles on the way, and you are telling me low battery? Something must be wrong in the specs isn't it? It should have said that at about 15:00 minute. Otherwise write somewhere that the flying time is 70% of the 100% because after 30% this thing goes crazy.

So they blame me for canceling the return to home.

Now, how about when the app disconnected from the RC at 51% then?

I couldn't control anymore the drone. The screen freezed, no signal, aircraft disconnected ... and the fantastic following features didn't activate:

https://store.dji.com/guides/how-to-use-the-djis-return-to-home

Failsafe RTH:

Failsafe RTH happens when your drone loses signal for 3 seconds when using the remote controller or 20 seconds if using Wi-Fi. When it kicks in it will do one of three things depending on how you have set it up. Firstly, if you have it set to RTH then it will ascend to the set RTH height and start to fly back to you, and once you get the signal back, then you can cancel it. Secondly, if you have it set to Hover then your drone will just hover in its current position, so you can walk towards it and re-establish your signal. However, if you fail to re-establish your signal and the Battery RTH is triggered then the drone will either return home or land depending on your Battery RTH settings. Thirdly, it can be set to land, so it’ll just land in its current position.
MY SETTING WHERE TO RETURN TO THE HOME POINT.
ARE WE SERIOUS HERE?
Do you know what DJI took in account?
The last seconds of the flight record when the drone had only 28% and it wasn't enough to go back home.
This is so low from them.
They didn't mention at all the return home failing trigger when with 51% battery.
The drone should have gone back horizontally them start discending.
with the drone getting closer to the home point and with 21% battery from 51 to 30% I could have certainly got it closer, regained connection with the app and have an eye, the gimbal, to look where the drone was and even if it start descending I could have controlled it and landed it safely.
They only want to see what they want to see and for this reason if they don't send me a full refund or a brand new drone, I will charge it back to the credit card company and invite all of you to do so.
#irresponsible

2018-1-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You need to post your flight log to link below just click on link and follow instructions come back here and post link. It will show in your flight log what you said happened might clear up a few things.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2018-1-10
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

I hear it coming....... The Waaaaaaambulance..........

Just playing man........

So upload your flight logs. Give us something
2018-1-10
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would be interested in seeing your flight log as well. Sorry you lost your bird
2018-1-10
Use props
djiuser_CtpCifm
lvl.1
Malta

Woe Posted at 2018-1-10 06:13
I would be interested in seeing your flight log as well. Sorry you lost your bird

Thanks. Feeling gutted
2018-1-10
Use props
djiuser_CtpCifm
lvl.1
Malta

Thanks. I feel gutted
2018-1-10
Use props
djiuser_CtpCifm
lvl.1
Malta

Bulldog Posted at 2018-1-10 06:05
I hear it coming....... The Waaaaaaambulance..........

Just playing man........

I know, and it's good to be funny. I actually liked the Waaahmulance but it seriously feels bad when they just try to come back with standard answer. It's pretty obvious that they don't care about the individual but just to save as much as money as they can, by finding always some issue on the pilot side. This is happened to a friend of mine with the wind. The first said 15% and that said the same attaching the manual where it states it is not recommended to fly when the wind is above 10 m/s but the wind never exceeded 9 lol How can you be so silly? My friend sent all the documentation to the credit card company and asked for a chargeback
2018-1-10
Use props
djiuser_CtpCifm
lvl.1
Malta

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-10 06:03
You need to post your flight log to link below just click on link and follow instructions come back here and post link. It will show in your flight log what you said happened might clear up a few things.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

I have uploaded it. Thanks
2018-1-10
Use props
djiuser_CtpCifm
lvl.1
Malta

Not to mention the find my drone app.

I am the blue arrow and the the red arrow is the last gps coordinate of the drone.

In the middle of torn and thistles. No transportation means can get there and no one was there as I arrived 10 minutes after the drone last coordinate.

2018-1-10
Use props
djiuser_CtpCifm
lvl.1
Malta

This is what happened to me to get to the last gps location

2018-1-10
Use props
djiuser_CtpCifm
lvl.1
Malta

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/W0WZTT4LRBQPRJPCD8D4/
2018-1-10
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_CtpCifm Posted at 2018-1-10 06:35
This is what happened to me to get to the last gps location

[view_image]

Ouch. That sucks.
2018-1-10
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

Sorry for your loss! It sucks it looks like it was really close to you when it went down judging by your pic.  The mavic is trickiy at 1st with all the setting and features . It’s a lot to learn fast. When app fails it easy to get in panic mode especially with batt life dropping. Depending on your settings , if you canceled the return home then app go out on you , 1 thing I learned here in forum is for most part, your RC Remote will still function properly . Most time . If you try not to panic, you can raise alt a bit , then look at distance # on actual remote , fly forward a bit , see if that # starts going lower, if it does, your heading right way back to “home” or where remote and you are. If distance # goes higher on remote, your going wrong way so turn direction a bit and see what # doing?  When you see it lowering your on right path . I know it’s too late now and hope your bird shows up some how. Maybe get some clippers for the thicket and go retry the find my drone. Either way good luck and keep us posted!
2018-1-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_CtpCifm Posted at 2018-1-10 06:37

Looking at your flight log a number of oversights or mistakes made.

First your log ends early So conclusion to what happened to drone impossible to say.

1/ Flying in Malta you are under CE restrictions for using radio to max 2.5 miles 4km,
2/ You flew your Mavic over 3 miles one way so this could be the reason you lost radio control and loss of downlink.
3/ When your app gave warning with only enough battery to RTH it was at approx 10m 3 seconds this is precautionary so app estimates 10 minutes to return and landing with approx 30% battery.
4/ it looks like your Aircraft tried to initiate RTH when downlink was lost climbing to over 400ft this also was taking a chunk of your time , it also looks like you canceled RTH twice but because downlink was lost it’s not recorded in your log.

This flight was doomed from the start, you were under the impression that your aircraft could fly 7km while it was only possible to fly 4 km in CE zone, flying outside 4 km was the cause of you loosing downlink and most probably RC signal for sometime this cost you much time in the end.

It’s a pity and nobody likes to see anyone loosing their aircraft, there are ways that might help you find your Aircraft but it’s frankly a bit of a guessing game, I don’t know if you want to try or you have already tried.

2018-1-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

You never recorded homepoint.
2018-1-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry to read about your loss. Here are some more pointers for future flights to help prevent this happening again: -
1. without a homepoint recorded before take off the drone' GPS will not know where to return to in the event of RTH being activated.
2. The manual clearly states that the MAXIMUM flight time with the MPP is up to 30 minutes based on maintaining a constant speed of 15MPH without wind or hovering and 27 minutes whilst hovering. There are a ton of variables that impact flight times including air pressure above sea level and air temperature in addition to how aggressive you fly it - it's a LiPo battery... Expect 25 minutes on a good day.
3. In Malta/ANYWHERE IN EUROPE (a CE area) the max range is 4KM for the Mavic - this is also stipulated in the manual. 7KM is for FCC compliant areas such as the US - as noted above by HallMark
4. Your antenna should not be 90 degrees/pointing at the drone- they need to be perpendicular to the drone (45 degrees) - this is also in the manual
5. Don't calibrate the compass unless the app tells you too - this is in the manual

6. The max distance you should fly a drone in Malta in line with your civil aviation authority drone code is visual line of sight - had you respected that you would have never lost your drone and experienced any of this in the first place.

Good luck on your replacement, fly safe and I suggest you read the manual before your next flight.

2018-1-10
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_CtpCifm Posted at 2018-1-10 06:37

Ugh...I pretty much echo what Hall & CW has stated. While I am sorry that you lost your Mavic, but really 3 miles.
2018-1-10
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

GroTToFlyeR Posted at 2018-1-10 06:55
Sorry for your loss! It sucks it looks like it was really close to you when it went down judging by your pic.  The mavic is trickiy at 1st with all the setting and features . It’s a lot to learn fast. When app fails it easy to get in panic mode especially with batt life dropping. Depending on your settings , if you canceled the return home then app go out on you , 1 thing I learned here in forum is for most part, your RC Remote will still function properly . Most time . If you try not to panic, you can raise alt a bit , then look at distance # on actual remote , fly forward a bit , see if that # starts going lower, if it does, your heading right way back to “home” or where remote and you are. If distance # goes higher on remote, your going wrong way so turn direction a bit and see what # doing?  When you see it lowering your on right path . I know it’s too late now and hope your bird shows up some how. Maybe get some clippers for the thicket and go retry the find my drone. Either way good luck and keep us posted!

That's great advice!!
2018-1-10
Use props
Archie9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47943 ft
Germany

Sorry for your loss!

a very good diagnosis from CW and Hall of this mavic loss.
It think in 90% of cases the problem is behind the rc.
fly safe
2018-1-10
Use props
damoUK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 693038 ft
United Kingdom

I'm confused as to why everyone keeps saying Malta? (I know it's in your sig, but mine varies beween Europe, UK and US, so it's not a guarantee it's correct!)... The map I've got from PhantomHelp shows Italy, not too far from Avellino??!! If that's correct, in Italy, the law (or rules, it's not clear which it is) is that you should not fly your drone more than 200m (650ft) away from you horizontally, and no more than 70m (230ft) high (seems very prohibitive given the technology in the Mavic, but nevertheless, them's the rules!) - see https://www.dronezine.it/english/ - if you'd stuck to this, there's a much higher chance you'd have recovered your aircraft.

I'm sorry for your loss, and hopefully you will either find your drone or manage to get another one sorted out!
2018-1-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

damoUK Posted at 2018-1-10 13:27
I'm confused as to why everyone keeps saying Malta? (I know it's in your sig, but mine varies beween Europe, UK and US, so it's not a guarantee it's correct!)... The map I've got from PhantomHelp shows Italy, not too far from Avellino??!! If that's correct, in Italy, the law (or rules, it's not clear which it is) is that you should not fly your drone more than 200m (650ft) away from you horizontally, and no more than 70m (230ft) high (seems very prohibitive given the technology in the Mavic, but nevertheless, them's the rules!) - see https://www.dronezine.it/english/ - if you'd stuck to this, there's a much higher chance you'd have recovered your aircraft.

I'm sorry for your loss, and hopefully you will either find your drone or manage to get another one sorted out!

My bad should have checked that, but everything else is the same CE over extending flight, etc etc.
2018-1-10
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

I am in the UK so CE .... I can assure you in open ground the Mavic does fly 7km in the UK.
2018-1-10
Use props
ibuyufo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819098 ft
United States

He posted in Mavic pilot too.  He didn’t quite get the support he was hoping for there either.  Doesn’t own up to his own mistakes when it was pointed out. https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... -home-policy.32237/
2018-1-10
Use props
Captain Cho
lvl.1

Singapore

The original poster is a crybaby who DID not read the Mavic Pro User Manual before he launched his MP to a distance of three miles plus.

The battery percentage of the returning point should be around 60%, not 50%, if he read the manual.

Depending on the altitude, the auto-landing mode kicks in between 10-30% , before which he needs to bring his drone to the home point, or risks losing it.
2018-1-10
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I really think bowls would be a better hobby for you.
2018-1-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ibuyufo Posted at 2018-1-10 20:26
He posted in Mavic pilot too.  He didn’t quite get the support he was hoping for there either.  Doesn’t own up to his own mistakes when it was pointed out. https://mavicpilots.com/threads/huge-dilemma-with-dji-return-home-policy.32237/

This is a fairly black&white case of over exuberance and petulance. OP won’t and refuses to see where he went wrong, not much we can do about this but hope others learn from it.
2018-1-11
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

One clarification should be made since it has now been repeated in the MavicPilots thread by someone who saw it mentioned here: a home point was recorded at the beginning of the flight. Other than that, though, the assessment of what took place was accurate. This was a clear-cut case of pilot error and given the circumstances I think DJI's offer is reasonable.
2018-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DroneFlying Posted at 2018-1-11 05:08
One clarification should be made since it has now been repeated in the MavicPilots thread by someone who saw it mentioned here: a home point was recorded at the beginning of the flight. Other than that, though, the assessment of what took place was accurate. This was a clear-cut case of pilot error and given the circumstances I think DJI's offer is reasonable.

Correct my oversight.
2018-1-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry for your loss, could you please provide me with your case number so I can look into your case?
2018-1-12
Use props
fans74fce28f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14633 ft
United States

djiuser_CtpCifm Posted at 2018-1-10 06:30
I know, and it's good to be funny. I actually liked the Waaahmulance  but it seriously feels bad when they just try to come back with standard answer. It's pretty obvious that they don't care about the individual but just to save as much as money as they can, by finding always some issue on the pilot side. This is happened to a friend of mine with the wind. The first said 15% and that said the same attaching the manual where it states it is not recommended to fly when the wind is above 10 m/s but the wind never exceeded 9 lol How can you be so silly? My friend sent all the documentation to the credit card company and asked for a chargeback

Well which is it you or your friend? On the other forums you said this happened to you and dude the credit card company are not going to give you a credit or charge back for flying a mile past VLOS. Sorry you lost your drone, but you're not the only one it has happened to. You live and learn from it and respect  the rules put in place..  
2018-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules