Video badly pixelated on Huawei screen
1357 7 2018-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_kLETONy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 571 ft
United Kingdom

Hello everyone,Sorry if someone has asked this before, but newbie here.

Mavic with Huawei T3 7" tablet screen connected using the USB socket beneath the controller.  All up to date with firmware etc, but now the screen gets badly pixelated regardless of range and it just lost video transmission completly with a range of less than 100m.  It flew back OK where I switched it all of then back on again and the picture has come back, but still very pixelated.

Transmission time lag is significant. I have swapped the USB lead but this deosn't solve the problem.

The Mavic is only about 1 week old and it has been working well, but now whatever I try it stays pixelated.

Any ideas please?  

Thanks,
John  

2018-1-10
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

It sounds like the tablet does not have enough processor power. Have you turned off all other apps when you are running the DJI GO 4 app?  What version of the app do you have?
2018-1-10
Use props
djiuser_kLETONy
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-1-10 23:11
It sounds like the tablet does not have enough processor power. Have you turned off all other apps when you are running the DJI GO 4 app?  What version of the app do you have?

Hi Jenee,

Thanks for responding. Yes I have turned off all the apps on the Huawei TS, it is running solely on the Go 4 app.  

Not sure which Go 4 version but it is bang up to date so the latest version.

I did try changing the transmission setting from 20mhz to 10mhz and that has really helped, but not at close range.  Is it normal to get picture break-up at a range of say less than 3m?

I also tried using the short DJI usb lead and that did not make any difference, so it is not that.

Thanks,
John
2018-1-11
Use props
CoopermanUK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254888 ft
United Kingdom

I have the same tablet and also get bad pixelated video. The only way round it is to run DJI Go version 4.1.9. That version has been rock solid for me and many other users of the T3 7" tablet.
Side load it here DJI Go 4 v4.1.9
Use file named 1025608
2018-1-11
Use props
djiuser_kLETONy
lvl.3
United Kingdom

CoopermanUK Posted at 2018-1-11 04:55
I have the same tablet and also get bad pixelated video. The only way round it is to run DJI Go version 4.1.9. That version has been rock solid for me and many other users of the T3 7" tablet.
Side load it here DJI Go 4 v4.1.9
Use file named 1025608

Thanks Cooperman,
How do I sideload it please?  
Do I need to delete the present firmware?
Best,
John
2018-1-11
Use props
CoopermanUK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254888 ft
United Kingdom

The first thing to do is enable unknown sources on your tablet if you haven't already done so!

Go to your tablet’s Settings menu.
Scroll to advanced settings and tap on Security.
Find unknown sources and toggle to on.

You will need to uninstall the version of Go 4 that you have installed.

The next thing is to download the apk from here DJI Go 4 v4.1.9
download the one named 1025608.
Open Files app on your tablet, then open the downloads folder.
Hopefully you should have the app that you downloaded from the above link, tap the app and then tap install.

Next you will need to stop the app auto updating.
Go to Play Store, tap the 3 horizontal lines at the top left then scroll to settings, tap on Auto-update apps and select Do not auto-update apps.
2018-1-11
Use props
djiuser_kLETONy
lvl.3
United Kingdom

CoopermanUK Posted at 2018-1-11 13:09
The first thing to do is enable unknown sources on your tablet if you haven't already done so!

Go to your tablet’s Settings menu.

Thanks Cooperman, much appreciated!
Best,
John
2018-1-12
Use props
Johnran
lvl.3
United Kingdom

djiuser_kLETONy Posted at 2018-1-12 00:40
Thanks Cooperman, much appreciated!
Best,
John

As yet I haven't set the firmware to 4.1.9 but have been trying USB debugging mode on the Huawei T3 7" Android tablet.  

It seems to have helped with a lot of the pixellation problems - although not completely.  Does everyone get this at times?  Or is it just me.....

This tablet is not on the DJI approved Android list but it is bright, excellent value and fits nicely in the holder so it would be good to use it if possible.  

Can I ask what video response delay anyone gets at distance of up to 500m with a Mavic using say an IPad Mini?

My video delay or lag is maybe 1/2 second - is this normal?

Thanks,
beginner John

2018-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules