Active track
3798 15 2018-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2413d008
lvl.4
Flight distance : 531014 ft
Canada

hello everyone I am wondering if it’s possible to set a distance and height you’d like the spark to track you frrom?
Thanks
2018-1-10
Use props
Lee Moon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61850 ft
United States

I've used Active Track a few times and have been able to set the height and distance from the tracked object/person.  It works well in Trace mode and I've set it to orbit the tracked person while following along.  Seems to work best with a bit of distance between the Spark and the subject (not too close.)
2018-1-10
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

se your distance and high .. enjoy.  Don't move direction to quickly as it may loose you.  smooth transitions works best.
2018-1-10
Use props
fans2413d008
lvl.4
Canada

Lee Moon Posted at 2018-1-10 10:15
I've used Active Track a few times and have been able to set the height and distance from the tracked object/person.  It works well in Trace mode and I've set it to orbit the tracked person while following along.  Seems to work best with a bit of distance between the Spark and the subject (not too close.)

I can’t find the setting where to change that
2018-1-10
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 731565 ft
Brazil

fans2413d008 Posted at 2018-1-10 11:01

Start your flight at the desired distance and altitude. Enjoy it.
2018-1-10
Use props
V_kingo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 310157 ft
Chile

It's not possible to set distance and heigh in Active Track, only you can set orbiting speed (0 to +-100 of what?) and direction

In POI (Point of Interest) you can set Radius and Altitud, but is for non moving objects.
2018-1-10
Use props
Lee Moon
Second Officer
United States

Active Track defautls to Trace mode if I recall correctly.
To set up your tracking, fly the Spark to the distance and height from your target that you want to shoot from and point the camera at it.
Start Active Track and draw a box around the target.
Hit "Go" and the Spark will begin tracking/following the selected target as it moves while keeping the relative height and distance you originally positioned it from the target.  You can also initiate an orbit by tapping/sliding on the little arc beneath the target box (either clockwise or counterclockwise at varying speed depending on how far along the arc you set it.)
Hope this helps!
2018-1-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sir, you can use your RC to fly the drone to the target height before the drone starts active track. But you can not set the number of height and distance through app. Thanks for your attention.
2018-1-11
Use props
fans2413d008
lvl.4
Canada

Lee Moon Posted at 2018-1-10 12:05
Active Track defautls to Trace mode if I recall correctly.
To set up your tracking, fly the Spark to the distance and height from your target that you want to shoot from and point the camera at it.
Start Active Track and draw a box around the target.

Okay thank you.  I found that the spark would maintain its height but if I was riding my bike at even just 10kmph the drone would fall quite far behind and not stay at the exact position where I first set it to.  Does this happen to you?  Is there a way to keep the drone closer to you?
2018-1-12
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

How exactly would the Spark know the distance to the tracked target?  Built in radar systems?  Laser ranging?  A tape measure it can deploy?  In the rare case where the smart phone is the tracked target, there is no app function running a GPS position comparison to find the distance.  The Mavic has that but the Spark doesn't.

Tracking a target on a video is based on position of the image on the screen.  Lets try to keep that centered.  And, it is based loosely on the size of the image on the screen.  Those won't give you distance info as people who have lost their drone found out when it backed up quickly while tracking a still target.
2018-1-12
Use props
Lee Moon
Second Officer
United States

fans2413d008 Posted at 2018-1-12 17:14
Okay thank you.  I found that the spark would maintain its height but if I was riding my bike at even just 10kmph the drone would fall quite far behind and not stay at the exact position where I first set it to.  Does this happen to you?  Is there a way to keep the drone closer to you?

I've only used Active Track while walking.  It keeps up with me pretty well as long as I'm in good view of the camera.  I've roamed all around my yard and driveway with the Spark following along like a little airborne puppy.  The height does vary a little and the distance can lag and catch up some.  I suspect it's using the vision system to keep the bounding box on the tracked subject at a constant size and position relative to the camera.  Or it could be magic. LOL!
2018-1-12
Use props
fans2413d008
lvl.4
Canada

Lee Moon Posted at 2018-1-12 17:58
I've only used Active Track while walking.  It keeps up with me pretty well as long as I'm in good view of the camera.  I've roamed all around my yard and driveway with the Spark following along like a little airborne puppy.  The height does vary a little and the distance can lag and catch up some.  I suspect it's using the vision system to keep the bounding box on the tracked subject at a constant size and position relative to the camera.  Or it could be magic. LOL!

Alrighty!  Thanks for your help!
2018-1-12
Use props
Lee Moon
Second Officer
United States

fans2413d008 Posted at 2018-1-12 18:12
Alrighty!  Thanks for your help!

You are very welcome. Have fun with your Spark and bike!!
2018-1-12
Use props
ManuelV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 83051 ft
Spain

RE: Active track

I have tried active track several times. I wouldn't say that I fully understand the logic behind the Spark strategy to follow its subject. Sometimes the active track is as expected but sometimes it would seem that the spark has its own ideas. My provisional conclusion is that the preferred mode is that in which the Spark follows the subject from behind at a variable distance. I find specially difficult to maintain the aircraft in front of you in backward flying mode.Here are a couple of recent clips using active track:

2018-1-13
Use props
ManuelV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 83051 ft
Spain

Here is a small clip taken today using active track. The spark maintains constant altitude. I don't know ir this may be corrected by acting on the left stick.

2018-1-21
Use props
Lee Moon
Second Officer
United States

I haven't been playing with Active Track lately, but if I recall, you can reposition the Spark using the controls.  As long as the subject remains in view the Spark and camera will attempt to keep a lock on the subject.  It seems like there's a sudden jerk while the Spark repositions itself after letting go of the sticks.  I'll need to go out and try this to verify it.
Your sample video looks great.  Love the action shot while skiing!
2018-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules