Firmware update error / no sd card error / more errors
3931 36 2018-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gregor288gk
lvl.1
Poland

I`ve got serious problem with my Phantom 4. When I tried to update firware I recived error message at 55% when installing  (error code 0x022403) - with DJI Assistant .Tried several times with tree different PC`s, different usb cables.  Now I got no SD card error, connection error - I cannot update with DJI GO - it shows latest firmware, so I cannot click it. My second P4 updated with no problems...
2018-1-10
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I cannot update with DJI GO ..Hi Gregor288gk ,did you tried reinstall the app ?
2018-1-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Which firmware versions are you currently running?

In the Go app look under About.

RedHotPoker

2018-1-10
Use props
Gregor288gk
lvl.1
Poland

@Nebuchadnezzar - Yes I did. I tried with two different devices... Go app says LATEST FIRMWARE - and there is nothing I can do...
@RedHotPoker - App- 4.1.22, Aircraft 02.00.0106, RC 1.9.3
Its hard to even check aircraft firmware - it seems to bo loosing connection from RC to Aircraft. Led on the aircraft blinks some times green, sometimes red. Go app shows poor radio, sometimes no signal message...
2018-1-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Gregor288gk Posted at 2018-1-11 08:02
@Nebuchadnezzar - Yes I did. I tried with two different devices... Go app says LATEST FIRMWARE - and there is nothing I can do...
@RedHotPoker - App- 4.1.22, Aircraft 02.00.0106, RC 1.9.3
Its hard to even check aircraft firmware - it seems to bo loosing connection from RC to Aircraft. Led on the aircraft blinks some times green, sometimes red. Go app shows poor radio, sometimes no signal message...

That's odd behavior. Have you thought about sending it in, for analysis?

RedHotPoker
2018-1-11
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Gregor288gk follow RedHotPocket Advice
2018-1-11
Use props
zhangqing
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5959009 ft
  • >>>
China

If you can use it normaly,please don't update it,,,,,,,,,,
2018-1-12
Use props
Gregor288gk
lvl.1
Poland

Zhangging i can't user it. After update error at 55% there are many problems - SD card error, radio problems...
2018-1-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Gregor288gk Posted at 2018-1-12 06:16
Zhangging i can't user it. After update error at 55% there are many problems - SD card error, radio problems...

Gregor, please provide us the update log for further analysis. Please tell me the model of your PC. If you use windows, here is the path: :C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\DJI Assistant 2\upgrade_log.
MAC: ~/Library/Application Support/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log
2018-1-14
Use props
fans230fa015
lvl.1
Flight distance : 728 ft
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-14 03:19
Gregor, please provide us the update log for further analysis. Please tell me the model of your PC. If you use windows, here is the path: :C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\DJI Assistant 2\upgrade_log.

Excuse me, but I'm having the exact same problem. Can I send my log to you ? Tks !
2018-1-14
Use props
Gregor288gk
lvl.1
Poland

Thanks for Your answer elektra. I`ve got upgrade log. How can I send it to You? My PC is Dell Inspiron 15 7000 running on Windows
2018-1-15
Use props
Gregor288gk
lvl.1
Poland

Can I ask again where can I send update log?
2018-1-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Gregor288gk Posted at 2018-1-15 06:21
Thanks for Your answer elektra. I`ve got upgrade log. How can I send it to You? My PC is Dell Inspiron 15 7000 running on Windows

Sorry for the late response. Please upload to the dropbox and post the link here. Thanks for your help.
2018-1-18
Use props
Gregor288gk
lvl.1
Poland

Sorry for not responding. Its winter You know

Here is the upgrade log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pnbvc9 ... 55_upgrade.log?dl=0
2018-2-24
Use props
Gregor288gk
lvl.1
Poland

And here is one from today. Latest firmware. Same error at 55%

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mrea68 ... 12_upgrade.log?dl=0
2018-2-24
Use props
Gregor288gk
lvl.1
Poland

@DJI Elektra ? Anyone? Something?
2018-3-3
Use props
DontFlyHigh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20682 ft

United States

I got the same exact problems! identical! 55% and all that. any outcome?
2018-3-5
Use props
goran_magnusson
lvl.1
Sweden

DontFlyHigh Posted at 2018-3-5 00:47
I got the same exact problems! identical! 55% and all that. any outcome?

I have the same problem! Fails at 55%. Tried the DJI Go 4 app on my ipad mini 4 and iphone 6 and DJI Assistant on three different computers and they all fail.
2018-3-5
Use props
DontFlyHigh
lvl.2

United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-18 02:33
Sorry for the late response. Please upload to the dropbox and post the link here. Thanks for your help.

any outcome? how do we pay over a thousand dollars, only to use the drone for a month or two, and now it just sits in my closet ever since 2.06 firmware lost my video feed so obviously can't fly, and I spent all m,y money on a p4 that has NEVER been crashed an only flown 20 times?
2018-3-11
Use props
Drone 5150
lvl.2
Flight distance : 88294 ft
United States

DontFlyHigh Posted at 2018-3-11 17:12
any outcome? how do we pay over a thousand dollars, only to use the drone for a month or two, and now it just sits in my closet ever since 2.06 firmware lost my video feed so obviously can't fly, and I spent all m,y money on a p4 that has NEVER been crashed an only flown 20 times?

I have exact same issue.  In the middle of back and forth emails with DJI support.  Engineering analyzing logs as we speak.
2018-3-12
Use props
DontFlyHigh
lvl.2

United States

goran_magnusson Posted at 2018-3-5 04:48
I have the same problem! Fails at 55%. Tried the DJI Go 4 app on my ipad mini 4 and iphone 6 and DJI Assistant on three different computers and they all fail.

Im pretty sure I found our problem. well I definitely found mine. I just got done flying again after 8 months. so luckily for you, theres me. I got my hands on another gimbal with different problems but gave me a video feed and sd card recognition. so "luckily theres me"part...because I switched out everything in the gimbal 10 times. each of the stacks separately  where the heat sink/camera connections/internal sd card/ect. then the completed assembly of gimbal motors and camera and all that,  to eventually get done with with all but one more option , the stupid smaller cable, the shorter of the two that need disconnecting when removing the gimbal from craft body. the one that is so freakin easy to switch out quickly because both ends are easily accessible without disassembling anything (once you separate the gimbal from the craft). I might be wrong for your deal, but our situation was identical. and I don't think I am . sorry for the build up and rambling but figured if im right in your case, then the process of my post to get to the simple answer is much worth it. replace the shorter gimbal wire/cable and you'll be updating and flying in no time
2018-3-19
Use props
DontFlyHigh
lvl.2

United States

Gregor288gk Posted at 2018-3-3 05:06

Im pretty sure I found our problem. well I definitely found mine. I just got done flying again after 8 months. so luckily for you, theres me. I got my hands on another gimbal with different problems but gave me a video feed and sd card recognition. so "luckily theres me"part...because I switched out everything in the gimbal 10 times. each of the stacks separately  where the heat sink/camera connections/internal sd card/ect. then the completed assembly of gimbal motors and camera and all that,  to eventually get done with with all but one more option , the stupid smaller cable, the shorter of the two that need disconnecting when removing the gimbal from craft body. the one that is so freakin easy to switch out quickly because both ends are easily accessible without disassembling anything (once you separate the gimbal from the craft). I might be wrong for your deal, but our situation was identical. and I don't think I am . sorry for the build up and rambling but figured if im right in your case, then the process of my post to get to the simple answer is much worth it. replace the shorter gimbal wire/cable and you'll be updating and flying in no time
2018-3-19
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Gregor288gk Posted at 2018-3-3 05:06

Sorry for the late response. I would forward the log and update here as soon as possible. I would recommend you tap "Reply" to post the data so I can check in the reminder and reply you at first.
2018-3-25
Use props
Gregor288gk
lvl.1
Poland

DontFlyHigh Posted at 2018-3-19 09:51
Im pretty sure I found our problem. well I definitely found mine. I just got done flying again after 8 months. so luckily for you, theres me. I got my hands on another gimbal with different problems but gave me a video feed and sd card recognition. so "luckily theres me"part...because I switched out everything in the gimbal 10 times. each of the stacks separately  where the heat sink/camera connections/internal sd card/ect. then the completed assembly of gimbal motors and camera and all that,  to eventually get done with with all but one more option , the stupid smaller cable, the shorter of the two that need disconnecting when removing the gimbal from craft body. the one that is so freakin easy to switch out quickly because both ends are easily accessible without disassembling anything (once you separate the gimbal from the craft). I might be wrong for your deal, but our situation was identical. and I don't think I am . sorry for the build up and rambling but figured if im right in your case, then the process of my post to get to the simple answer is much worth it. replace the shorter gimbal wire/cable and you'll be updating and flying in no time

So all that You did was replacing shorter cable? Thats all?
2018-3-28
Use props
Gregor288gk
lvl.1
Poland

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-25 02:06
Sorry for the late response. I would forward the log and update here as soon as possible. I would recommend you tap "Reply" to post the data so I can check in the reminder and reply you at first.

Ok so here are logs:

can You look at them. The problem is not solved yet...
2018-3-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Gregor288gk Posted at 2018-3-28 08:13
Ok so here are logs:

Thanks for your update. I would help you forward it.
2018-3-28
Use props
DontFlyHigh
lvl.2

United States

Gregor288gk Posted at 2018-3-28 08:10
So all that You did was replacing shorter cable? Thats all?

after so much trial and error, that was it. and everything you said you had problems with, I also had the same. not one thing different.
2018-4-3
Use props
DontFlyHigh
lvl.2

United States

Gregor288gk Posted at 2018-3-28 08:13
Ok so here are logs:

did you get that cable? the whole cable kit is like $15. and you have extras if you ever need later
2018-4-3
Use props
DontFlyHigh
lvl.2

United States

Drone 5150 Posted at 2018-3-12 13:55
I have exact same issue.  In the middle of back and forth emails with DJI support.  Engineering analyzing logs as we speak.

2018-4-3
Use props
Drone 5150
lvl.2
United States

DontFlyHigh Posted at 2018-4-3 19:10
Im pretty sure I found our problem. well I definitely found mine. I just got done flying again after 8 months. so luckily for you, theres me. I got my hands on another gimbal with different problems but gave me a video feed and sd card recognition. so "luckily theres me"part...because I switched out everything in the gimbal 10 times. each of the stacks separately  where the heat sink/camera connections/internal sd card/ect. then the completed assembly of gimbal motors and camera and all that,  to eventually get done with with all but one more option , the stupid smaller cable, the shorter of the two that need disconnecting when removing the gimbal from craft body. the one that is so freakin easy to switch out quickly because both ends are easily accessible without disassembling anything (once you separate the gimbal from the craft). I might be wrong for your deal, but our situation was identical. and I don't think I am . sorry for the build up and rambling but figured if im right in your case, then the process of my post to get to the simple answer is much worth it. replace the shorter gimbal wire/cable and you'll be updating and flying in no time

I ended up sending it to DJI. They replaced  that gimbal cable, gimbal roll motor, left landing gear, both shell halves and a prop motor.  For free.  Out of warranty.  AMAZING customer service.  The original quote they gave me was for $195.00.  I mentioned that it flew fine before the upgrade, and they covered all costs, even shipping...  Very cool.
2018-4-8
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Drone 5150 Posted at 2018-4-8 11:15
I ended up sending it to DJI. They replaced  that gimbal cable, gimbal roll motor, left landing gear, both shell halves and a prop motor.  For free.  Out of warranty.  AMAZING customer service.  The original quote they gave me was for $195.00.  I mentioned that it flew fine before the upgrade, and they covered all costs, even shipping...  Very cool.

Glad you solve it. From the log analysis, we did not find the error. Hope you get the drone back soon.
2018-4-12
Use props
Drone 5150
lvl.2
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-12 02:46
Glad you solve it. From the log analysis, we did not find the error. Hope you get the drone back soon.

I've had it back for a while now.  Very quick service.  It did come back with the latest firmware.  So, when you say nothing was found in the logs, it makes me wonder what is going on with these failed updates...
2018-4-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Drone 5150 Posted at 2018-4-12 16:14
I've had it back for a while now.  Very quick service.  It did come back with the latest firmware.  So, when you say nothing was found in the logs, it makes me wonder what is going on with these failed updates...

The log may fail to reflect the problem. Please check if your drone work well now. Have a nice day!
2018-4-13
Use props
Drone 5150
lvl.2
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-13 00:59
The log may fail to reflect the problem. Please check if your drone work well now. Have a nice day!

It works great!
2018-4-21
Use props
RA Foto Studio
lvl.1
France

hi
i got same problems with a phantom 4. it stop upgrade at 55%. after this i have a lot of problems (sd card not recognise, transmision error, when in the air is not stabilising). i tried upgrade from app with an ipad and from pc with assistant 2.please check my file. thanks

2018_05_07@18_38_51.zip

9.05 KB, Down times: 3

2018-5-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

RA Foto Studio Posted at 2018-5-10 10:19
hi
i got same problems with a phantom 4. it stop upgrade at 55%. after this i have a lot of problems (sd card not recognise, transmision error, when in the air is not stabilising). i tried upgrade from app with an ipad and from pc with assistant 2.please check my file. thanks

Did you try to update your drone again? If not, please try again. And I would look into your log to locate the problem.
2018-5-11
Use props
fans1aefb7ea
lvl.1
Netherlands

RA Foto Studio Posted at 2018-5-10 10:19
hi

And is it fixed?
2019-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules