8761 14 2018-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Outlier22
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328474 ft
United States

Good day all,

I've flown my Spark a number of times now but on two occasions I had an issue with the video record button and photo shutter button.  
In both cases, I set up the Spark where I wanted to start my shot and tried to hit the record button on the phone but nothing happened.  I tried several times thinking the phone maybe didn't register the touch but no luck.  Then I though that maybe that button doesn't work when connected through the controller so I tried to use the record and the shutter button on the controller but these didn't work either.

I do have an SD card in the AC and I have already recorded with it using both the phone only (iphone 8 plus) and the controller buttons but this time they didn't work.  something I am doing wrong?

On both of these occasions, I was flying in cold weather.  (hey it's winter, what are you going to do?)  I believe it was below the min 32f temp recommended by DJI but I'm pretty sure i've flown in these temps at other times and didn't experience this issue.  Has anyone else experienced this?

2018-1-30
Use props
PS013
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3579409 ft
United States

Were you in gesture mode at that time ?
2018-1-30
Use props
Outlier22
lvl.3
United States

No, i was flying with controller both times in regular flight mode.
2018-1-30
Use props
PS013
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3579409 ft
United States

Also,

Outlier22 Posted at 2018-1-30 13:05
No, i was flying with controller both times in regular flight mode.

You can fly with controller, and be in gesture mode, like just after a palm launch
And, as far as I remember, this can be a problem
https://forum.dji.com/thread-100502-1-1.html

Also, did you try to use the record button the remote, instead than tapping the phone ?
( it was cold, may be your touch screen did not work properly )

edit: forget last paragraph
2018-1-30
Use props
LouisP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

I had trouble understanding this at first....   If the camera is in video mode and you press the still picture shutter button the camera switches to still mode but does not take a picture until you press the shutter button again.   Likewise, if you are in still picture mode and you press the video record button the camera switches to video mode but does not go into record until you press the record button a second time.  If you are recording video pressing the still picture shutter button does nothing.  Also note that the red lights on the front of the drone are OFF when recording video and on when not recording.  Those things were enough to confuse me so that I could not get the thing to do anything at all.  First i assume the red lights were like tally lights on a camera and when they were on it was recording. So I pushed the record button to stop it (but that started it) and I couldn't get it to take pictures.. frustrating learning curve on the spark sometimes.
2018-1-30
Use props
Outlier22
lvl.3
United States

Thanks for the replies.  In my case i pressed the record button on the phone a half dozen times at least and nothing would happen.  Then I tried pressing the video record button on the controller also at least a half dozen times.  Then I tried the photo button a number of times but the Spark would not record or take a picture.  

....actually - some additional info.  The second time this happened I was already flying for 5 min or so and was able to shoot video earlier in the flight.  But after some time, the video shutter button once again stopped working.   (both on the phone touch screen and controller.)  This was during the coldest flight in 15-20 mph winds I believe.   

The more I think about it, i'm starting to convince myself  that this is cold weather related.  But if anyone else has experienced this let me know ;)
2018-1-30
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Outlier22 Posted at 2018-1-30 13:43
Thanks for the replies.  In my case i pressed the record button on the phone a half dozen times at least and nothing would happen.  Then I tried pressing the video record button on the controller also at least a half dozen times.  Then I tried the photo button a number of times but the Spark would not record or take a picture.  

....actually - some additional info.  The second time this happened I was already flying for 5 min or so and was able to shoot video earlier in the flight.  But after some time, the video shutter button once again stopped working.   (both on the phone touch screen and controller.)  This was during the coldest flight in 15-20 mph winds I believe.   

Sir, any error message from your app? Please try to build the connection indoor and check if the button works. Please tell me the version of your app, the firmware of your drone. Thanks for your support.
2018-1-30
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are connected to the remote with an OTG cable? Or by WIFI? The OTG cable acts a little wonky sometimes.
2018-1-30
Use props
Outlier22
lvl.3
United States

DJI Elektra, go4pro version is 4.2.4.  iOS version is 11.2.2.  I don’t know the firmware on Spark but I just updated the firmware on two new batteries so it should be the latest.  

I didn’t get any error messages on the app.  It just doesn’t respond when pressing the video shutter button.  ...again, it’s not every time.  This has only happened on two occasions.  I’ve been able to take photos and video on most flights w no issues.  And even on the two flights where I experienced this I was able to start the flight and record video.  It was certainly cold on both these flights but I’ve flown more flights in cold weather w no issues.  

(Oh and connecting the phone to controller via WiFi.)
2018-1-30
Use props
fansc92e2b11
lvl.1

United States

I'm having the same problem. I was told us because I don't have an SD card yet but I was able to take pictures when I first got my DJI before the updates. They were just saved to the app. And also when I go into my camera settings the panorama and other features are not there. Just single shot can anyone help or is this just an Android issue with the new firmware
2018-1-31
Use props
fansc92e2b11
lvl.1

United States

I even tried switching to a tablet. S3 Samsung to be precise and same issue happens. And now for some reason the map is on the right hand side
2018-1-31
Use props
mikegyde
lvl.1
Australia

My DJI Mavic AIR used to take photos and videos using the buttons on the remote.

Now it doesnt and those buttons do nothing, i physically have to use the phone screen to swap modes and take photo / video.

Super annoying.

factory reset and firmware checks (all current) did nothing!

Help
2019-2-10
Use props
djiuser_DCOobi0xdp8T
New

United States

mikegyde Posted at 2-10 20:32
My DJI Mavic AIR used to take photos and videos using the buttons on the remote.

Now it doesnt and those buttons do nothing, i physically have to use the phone screen to swap modes and take photo / video.

Same!  Any idea what happened?  I lost two inspections and now I have to bypass the controller shutter button by tapping the button on my phone.  What happened?  Firmware update goofed this up?
2019-2-20
Use props
Zohaib farooqui
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

Did any of you guys find the solution? Am facing the same problem sometimes it happen that the video record option being stuck or locked for some reason i dont know why please help
2019-5-29
Use props
Drone Çekimlerim
New

Turkey

I have that same problem.  the video and photo button on the control does not work.  it takes video over the phone but it doesn't take pictures.  no problem, everything works when you connect by phone via wifi.  I think there is a problem with the remote control.  emergency aid
2019-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules