ESC differences between a 2.0 and a 2.1
1036 2 2018-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans34c123ba
lvl.1
Flight distance : 508786 ft
United Kingdom

I had an esc go down on my P2, if it was an aircraft esc I'd say the timming was out as it stops with a jerk and then starts right up again. Anyway; I got one off e-bay but never noticed on the photo that was on e-bay that it had a .1 after the 2 on the sticker; i.e. it's not a ver 2.0 like all the others in my P2 but it's a ver 2.1. I have fitted it but it does appear to have a more aggressive start up than the other 3, more like a P3 start up. It hovers OK in the garden, haven't had chance to get to the flying field to give it any real testing yet, does anyone know if it's OK to use a 2.1 instead to replace a 2.0 without any compatability issues? I have to confess that I didn't even know there was a version 2.1 ESC.
2018-1-10
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

My understanding is if you have a 2.1 ESC, you're good to go regardless of whatever else is going on.  That's why all the new ESCs sold are 2.1.  If you happen to come across an older ESC someday, it may still be okay depending on your motor.  The orginal ESC v 1 (no version # printed on the ESC) won't work with the P2V+ V3 2312 motor.  Apparently.  
2018-1-10
Use props
fans34c123ba
lvl.1
Flight distance : 508786 ft
United Kingdom

I had 4 original type ESC's (no version no. on the label) and I did try one, it worked OK but as I have the 2312 motors I thought it best not to risk it so sent for the new ESC. The only thing I noticed is that the motor with the 2.1 esc fitted seems to spool up quicker than the other 3 that have the ver 2.0 ESC's. It's as though it lags behind the other 3 momentarily when you first apply some take off throttle and then suddenly catches up. Seems to hover ok but further testing required, thanks for your reply Mark.
2018-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules