Has anyone ever had lens condensation problem?
1550 16 2018-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ricardo Ghion
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1042037 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Has anyone ever had lens condensation problem?
2018-1-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Ricardo, we would not recommend users fly in temperature below 0°C. Did you encounter any problem? Please provide more info. Thanks for your support.
2018-1-12
Use props
Mike245
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1597963 ft
United States

I all ready posted about this here

I`m now trying to find out if the Glass on the front of the Camera unscrews , Can sombody please confirm if it does or dont ?, Thanks....
2018-1-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Never has condensation issues with my Mavic and no, the lens is fixed and can not be removed.
2018-1-18
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

I have never experienced condensation on the lens. I doubt it can be unscrewed though as this would be a real pain to seal and keep moisture out. Why would you want to unscrew it?
2018-1-18
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

No me but ya lots of people have.
2018-1-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigga J Posted at 2018-1-18 02:13
I have never experienced condensation on the lens. I doubt it can be unscrewed though as this would be a real pain to seal and keep moisture out. Why would you want to unscrew it?

On the Phantoms you can unscrew the filters from the lens to exchange different ND's rather than use clip  or push on ND filters as with the Mavic - I think thats why he questioned it.
2018-1-18
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-1-18 03:57
On the Phantoms you can unscrew the filters from the lens to exchange different ND's rather than use clip  or push on ND filters as with the Mavic - I think thats why he questioned it.

Thanks, makes sense ... last time I had a Phantom I used a GoPro and Zenmuse ... I guess things have moved on but you can't unscrew the lens itself surely, which I thought Mike and Ricardo were asking about.

We need clarity in more ways than one!
@Mike and Ricardo .... are you referring to Camera lens or filter lens when you mention unscrewing it and condensation?

2018-1-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigga J Posted at 2018-1-18 04:09
Thanks, makes sense ... last time I had a Phantom I used a GoPro and Zenmuse ... I guess things have moved on but you can't unscrew the lens itself surely, which I thought Mike and Ricardo were asking about.

We need clarity in more ways than one!

No, you can't unscrew the lens but you can unscrew the UV filter to screw on an ND filter. You can't even unscrew the UV filter on the Mavic as fully integrated to the camera - which is why you need to clip on the ND's which isn't as secure.
2018-1-18
Use props
Mike245
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1597963 ft
United States

Thank you all for the quick reply, I was referring to the Lens on the mavic , I`m thinking of sending my Mavic back for repair but trying to find a way of fixing it first , Thanks again for all your help
2018-1-18
Use props
axmont
lvl.1
Ecuador

All the time.
2018-2-8
Use props
axmont
lvl.1
Ecuador

All the time.
2018-2-8
Use props
cristianc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008143 ft
Australia

I had it a couple of times where it was extremely humid. Went away after a while.
2018-2-8
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

The time when it would be the most vulnerable to condensation is bringing it into a warm area from a cold one.
When I bring my DSLR gear into the house from the cold, I leave it in the closed case for awhile then open it a bit and give it more time to slowly acclimate to the temperature change.
I do the same with my drones if they have gotten very cold.
An ounce of prevention.......

Just like in the summer, when going outside on a very hot day from an air conditioned room your glasses will fog up.
2018-2-8
Use props
fansef1d16b2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19780 ft

United States

Ricardo, I would be interested in hearing what led up to this issue. Was there extreme temperatures or humidity involved?
2018-2-15
Use props
Ricardo Ghion
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1042037 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

fansef1d16b2 Posted at 2018-2-15 08:23
Ricardo, I would be interested in hearing what led up to this issue. Was there extreme temperatures or humidity involved?

yes, it was a very foggy day, high temperature much lower than ground temperature
2018-2-15
Use props
JadeBrewerPhoto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 246112 ft
United States

I have experienced condensation when temperatures rapidly go from one extreme to the other with high humidity. I would avoid flying when it is very foggy as those are low lying clouds. You are definitely going to experience lens fogging and/or condensation. There isn't really a way to prevent this unless the camera lens is weatherproof, which the Mavic one is not. This rule also goes to all cameras, not just the drones. I have experienced this also with DSLRs.
2018-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules