Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
$1500 paper weight
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tried_it
lvl.1
United States

As a software developer I'm somewhat disappointed in the initial setup and firmware update/error/S resolution in this process.  Seem to have encountered (hopefully) every error condition known to mankind, still unable to connect mobile device to drone. Documentation leaves a lot to the imagination where it seems trial and error are the only way to accomplish anything useful.
Still cannot connect mobile to drone, so I'm hoping someone can tell me what the Android support device list is?  The sketchy documentation says when you constantly see "disconnected" in your drone status while the remote flashes green with all devices powered up with Android try a IOS smartphone for $1,000.

Would the Samsung Note4 by any chance be on the supported device list?
Thanks in advance.

2018-1-10
Use props
dorbot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 844770 ft
France

just give in and buy an ipad.
2018-1-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

As a fellow software developer I am puzzled you don't have the smarts to solve the issue. Start by downloading the aircraft manual. Then do a Youtube search on connecting your drone, thousands of purchasers manage to do it.

This is the list of tested devices:

iOS: iPhone 5s、iPhone SE、iPhone 6、iPhone 6 Plus、iPhone 6s、iPhone 6s Plus、 iPhone 7、 iPhone 7 Plus、iPad Air、iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular、iPad mini 2、iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular、iPad Air 2、iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular、iPad mini 3、iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular、iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular

Android: Samsung tabs 705c、Samsung S6、Samsung S5、Samsung NOTE4、Samsung NOTE3、Google Nexus 9、Google Nexus 7 II、Ascend Mate7、Huawei P8 Max、Huawei Mate 8、Nubia Z7 mini、Sony Xperia Z3、MI 3、MI PAD、Smartisan T1
*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.
2018-1-10
Use props
djiuser_M46eJhw
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-1-10 17:55
As a fellow software developer I am puzzled you don't have the smarts to solve the issue. Start by downloading the aircraft manual. Then do a Youtube search on connecting your drone, thousands of purchasers manage to do it.

This is the list of tested devices:

Call tech support, they will talk you through it. Not to sound like a jerk, but its you not the drone. I was having the same problem and they talked me through it and I felt like a jerk. lol
2018-1-10
Use props
olinetalker
lvl.1
United States

I am having some of the same problems and getting no answer. I am also getting the disconnected message when I want to get to the simulator, I put a post up about it, didn't get an answer that helped at all. Told me to make sure they were connected/ HOW? Oh and yes the Samsung NOte4 is on the list and it is what I am using.
2018-1-10
Use props
fansa1ae9dea
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1962339 ft
United States

Tried to update RC firmware and this happened to me. Turn it on then off then on. This never changes. Dead in the water. P3Pro iPhone 8+
477907E9-EBA7-4E73-BA20-B96C89701FF9.jpeg
2018-1-10
Use props
surfnhunt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 398625 ft
United States

my note 4 works great
2018-1-11
Use props
olinetalker
lvl.1
United States

I have the same question on 3 different forum threads and not sure if people are not understanding what I am asking or if the people reading them don't know the answer. I just know I'm not very happy with the drone or the help.
2018-1-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

iPad Mini 4 works great!
2018-1-11
Use props
Landbo
First Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Disconnected means that DJI GO4 is not connected to Radio Controller. You must either have a new working USB cable or you must have opened your phone (USB connector) in the developer mode so DJIGO4 can talk to your Radio Controller.

Regards Leif.
2018-1-11
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

olinetalker Posted at 2018-1-11 06:10
I have the same question on 3 different forum threads and not sure if people are not understanding what I am asking or if the people reading them don't know the answer. I just know I'm not very happy with the drone or the help.

You have had many answers, but you seem  to not understand them. Have you ever read the manual?
2018-1-11
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

You say the RC "flashes green"... doesn't it get to a point when the RC status light is solid grren (NON flashing but constantly glowing)?
2018-1-11
Use props
PeteHB
Second Officer

France

I use a Nexus 7 2nd gen on Nougat and it works fine.
2018-1-11
Use props
jkw
lvl.1
United Kingdom

hi we  use two iPads and an iPhone, I couldn’t get it to work on android one plus smart phone,  it worked on Ia on the Samsung note for
2018-1-11
Use props
jkw
lvl.1
United Kingdom

jkw Posted at 2018-1-11 07:46
hi we  use two iPads and an iPhone, I couldn’t get it to work on android one plus smart phone,  it worked on Ia on the Samsung note for

Samsung note 4. worked for me last year
2018-1-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sir, here is the recommended list for your reference.
app p4p.JPG
2018-1-14
Use props
Vendex
First Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Note 8 also works great, it's hardware is the same as Samsung S8
2018-1-14
Use props
fullspeed
lvl.1
United States

DJI has had a good scam going for a long time - too bad an American company can't come up with a really technologically superior copter that doesn't fly away . I fell your pain because I've lost 3 that cost $1500+ and weren't even as advanced - batteries that puffed out after 3 uses , etc... they have a money machine and a bunch of suckers like us making deposits...
2019-2-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fullspeed Posted at 2-3 15:01
DJI has had a good scam going for a long time - too bad an American company can't come up with a really technologically superior copter that doesn't fly away . I fell your pain because I've lost 3 that cost $1500+ and weren't even as advanced - batteries that puffed out after 3 uses , etc... they have a money machine and a bunch of suckers like us making deposits...

Well, you must be a first class mug, because millions of people around the world buy DJI products and fly them without problems. It is only those who can't you hear about on here.
2019-2-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Geoff, I must concur from my own 100% satisfied experiences with a completely trouble free drone.

I’ve never had one problem since day one. Using an iPad Air2 Cellular has been exceptional.

RedHotPoker
2019-2-3
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My only bug bare is the camera/gimbal doing the dance of it's people, some say, its the limitation of the gimbal, whilst others, ok, me,  says, well then, why does it do it when only turning one way and not the other if its a limitation, surely it would happen both ways then?

Other than that and the odd firmware  issues late 2017 early 2018, all good here
2019-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules