lvl.2
Flight distance : 89888 ft
Japan

Hello,

I've sent my 1 month old Mavic for repair in an official DJI repair center

RMA: CAS-1392943-J4T3Y4
My original serial:08QDE2T012029L
I'm receiving a new AC with this serial 08QDE3101R04KE

My understanding is that the 10th digit is usually a number but R mean refurbished...

Can anyone @ DJI confirmed this is the case?
I've sent a 1month old machine for repair, and paying more than 200$ for repair so I do not want to end up with a refurbished machine.

2018-1-10
Use props
4WDaus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1187257 ft
Australia

Not refurbished, built 2017 March 1st
2018-1-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Chris, is there any issue of your replacement? Regarding the repair, please visit our policy here: https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=footer Hope for your understanding.
DJI Policy.png
2018-1-10
Use props
4WDaus
Second Officer
Australia

By the way your old one was built 2016 feb 27
2018-1-10
Use props
4WDaus
Second Officer
Australia

Oh refurbished last part of serial number read “-R”
2018-1-10
Use props
ChrisJP
lvl.2
Japan

4WDaus Posted at 2018-1-10 18:41
Oh refurbished last part of serial number read “-R”

Not 100% correct.
The R position for refurbished on the Mavic is on the 10th digit.A -R added to serial is way too obvious.

I feel totally ripped off as I had my Mavic only for less than a month...
Now, I paid 200$ in repair to get a refurb machine with parts coming from machne that could have been abusedIt's a big decrease in value from my Mavic if I ever plan to resell it...

2018-1-10
Use props
ChrisJP
lvl.2
Japan

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-10 18:39
Hi Chris, the serial number of refurbished products will end with an "R", instead of the middle, please kindly note. Regarding the repair, please visit our policy here: https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=footer Hope for your understanding.

@ DJI Susan
Sorry, overseen your reply.

The Repair Center has aknowledge that the replacement is not a new AC.A refurbished AC is 799$ when a brand new AC is 999$. There's a 200$ difference between both AC

It's OK to replace the AC but at least with an AC of equivalent price!
If your replace my AC with a cheaper one, please at least refund the price difference (200$).
2018-1-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep - this appears to be a refurb
2018-1-11
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

It's all in the small print and this is a topic that keeps coming back .... Personally, I think it stinks that we pay out a hefty sum of money to buy new and in some cases within a matter of weeks a problem occurs (whether it be owner error or a drone error) and DJI feel it is acceptable to replace new for old! and charge (in this case) a sizeable repair cost for what actually may not be a repair but a replacement.
2018-1-11
Use props
SkySailorMan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2170768 ft
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-11 00:43
Yep - this appears to be a refurb

Why do you say it appears to be a refurb? Source please? I ask because DJI Susan's post states it is not a refurb (as indicated by the lack of an "R" at the end of the serial number). I'm not trying to be accusatory...I'm asking because I'm seeing conflicting information in this post.

I recently completed a Care Refresh exchange myself, and my replacement MP also has an "R" in 10th position (not at the end). If not refurbished as DJI Susan states, then I'm thinking this "R" could indicate that the MP comes from a stock of new MPs intended for use in Care [R]efresh replacements? Just a guess.
2018-1-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have a look on the Mavic pilots forum and google search it
2018-1-11
Use props
ChrisJP
lvl.2
Japan

SkySailorMan Posted at 2018-1-11 05:23
Why do you say it appears to be a refurb? Source please? I ask because DJI Susan's post states it is not a refurb (as indicated by the lack of an "R" at the end of the serial number). I'm not trying to be accusatory...I'm asking because I'm seeing conflicting information in this post.

I recently completed a Care Refresh exchange myself, and my replacement MP also has an "R" in 10th position (not at the end). If not refurbished as DJI Susan states, then I'm thinking this "R" could indicate that the MP comes from a stock of new MPs intended for use in Care [R]efresh replacements? Just a guess.

Please read again carefully Susan's post: no comment regarding R in 10th position.
My guess is that R or -R at the end of the serial were probably too obvious.
It's now located in the 10th digit of the serial.
Usually, this 10th digit is a 0,1 or 2 number.
2018-1-11
Use props
4WDaus
Second Officer
Australia

ChrisJP Posted at 2018-1-11 14:23
Please read again carefully Susan's post: no comment regarding R in 10th position.
My guess is that R or -R at the end of the serial were probably too obvious.
It's now located in the 10th digit of the serial.

Respectfully, reading her reply (I hope DJISusan can clarify, ) it says the end of the serial number, instead of the middle.
“serial number of refurbished products will end with an "R", instead of the middle, please kindly note.”
2018-1-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

ChrisJP Posted at 2018-1-10 23:24
@ DJI Susan
Sorry, overseen your reply.

Hi Chris, we understand your concern, please check on our policy again, the replacement products may not be new, but will be at least FUNCTIONALLY equivalent to the original product.
Please test the flight performance when you get it and let us know if it functions well, appreciate your understanding.
2018-1-11
Use props
4WDaus
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-11 20:12
Hi Chris, we understand your concern, please check on our policy again, the replacement products may not be new, but will be at least FUNCTIONALLY equivalent to the original product.
Please test the flight performance when you get it and let us know if it functions well, appreciate your understanding.

Hi Mindy
Can you confirm the placement of the R in the serial number which signifies the drone is a replacement? Is it the 10th character or the last character?
Hope you can clarify
Thanks.
2018-1-12
Use props
djiuser_elLho7T
lvl.1
Australia

Of course is refurbished. They will not give a new one back. I even got a refurbished one for my warranty repair.no crashed one in. Crashed one back. What a joke!  
2018-1-12
Use props
ChrisJP
lvl.2
Japan

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-11 20:12
Hi Chris, we understand your concern, please check on our policy again, the replacement products may not be new, but will be at least FUNCTIONALLY equivalent to the original product.

Dear Mindy

There is a 200$ price difference between a brand unit and a refurbished on DJI website.
How do you explain the difference ?

And while attempting to do the firmware updated, I realize that the gimbal is different: it wont calibrate with my ND filter on at startup...
Gimbal had no issue to calibrate on my original Mavic.

I paid 200$ for repair and I got a 200$ valuless replacement, with a gimbal that would not calibrate anymore with filter on....
How do you think I feel right now?
2018-1-12
Use props
3VP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 165945 ft
Canada

I hate hearing stories like this. I fully agree and understand the customers concerns. Send a new aircraft in, get someone else’s crashed one as a replacement. Well done DJI...
2018-1-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ChrisJP Posted at 2018-1-12 17:39
Dear Mindy

There is a 200$ price difference between a brand unit and a refurbished on DJI website.

Chris, regarding the repair, please refer the above DJI's policy. Also, please remove the ND filter to see whether the calibration successful. If still not, please kindly offer a short video for further assistance. Thanks!
2018-1-14
Use props
3VP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 165945 ft
Canada

Has anyone ever received their aircraft back - even though you paid for repairs?

DJI Repair appears to be a joke. You pay for DJI refresh, but as one does not want a refurbished aircraft (say your drone had only 3 hours flight time and you don't want a refurbished one with 50 hours), so you decide to pay for the repairs expecting your aircraft to be repaired and returned. You wait for its return and when it arrives, you receive a refurbished aircraft. Just try and communicate with DJI in an attempt to get your original aircraft back as you paid for the repairs...good luck.

2018-2-2
Use props
ChrisJP
lvl.2
Japan

3VP Posted at 2018-2-2 23:56
Has anyone ever received their aircraft back - even though you paid for repairs?

DJI Repair appears to be a joke. You pay for DJI refresh, but as one does not want a refurbished aircraft (say your drone had only 3 hours flight time and you don't want a refurbished one with 50 hours), so you decide to pay for the repairs expecting your aircraft to be repaired and returned. You wait for its return and when it arrives, you receive a refurbished aircraft. Just try and communicate with DJI in an attempt to get your original aircraft back as you paid for the repairs...good luck.

I gave up discussing with DJI, decided to move on.
2018-2-3
Use props
djiuser_Md9PRcBNy1LK
New
Flight distance : 92434 ft
Netherlands

DJI is a scam yes I also got a refurbished back which actually crashed in its first flight because down facing sensors were faulty (the drone went kamikaze toward a wall)
Guess what I had to pay the second crash as they claimed I was flying in poor light condition (at noon on a sunny day...) .

So they didn't only replaced my new drone with a faulty one but they also wanted me to pay for it, they offered a discount but was ridiculous that  I had to pay for it.
This is why I will never again buy a dji product and I am not tagging dji on my Instagram, they ripped me off big time, don't buy dji is also not that great there are better products out there.

Now I have to fly a drone which gimbal goes banana and has a barely 2km range (they claim 7km funny), I definitely hate you DJI for ripping me off, I wish the best to your competitors and If I ever become a professional photographer I will not be your testimonial unless you fix the scam you did.
2019-4-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_Md9PRcBNy1LK Posted at 4-12 10:25
DJI is a scam yes I also got a refurbished back which actually crashed in its first flight because down facing sensors were faulty (the drone went kamikaze toward a wall)
Guess what I had to pay the second crash as they claimed I was flying in poor light condition (at noon on a sunny day...) .

We're sorry for the inconvenience. Could you tell us your case number? We'd like to look into the exact status, thanks!
2019-4-13
Use props
djiuser_5cmBfK76nVwy
lvl.1

Philippines

Yes that's refurbished. I talked with them
2019-7-15
Use props
dkalbach
lvl.1
United States

I have a similar issue - I think however DJI has sent me a new drone.  Can anyone verify this.  Both of the units I achieved have an R (but in the 8th digit)  I ran both serial numbers and they were both built in July of this year (2 days apart)  This leads me to believe I am receiving a new unit for replacement.
2019-9-2
Use props
dkalbach
lvl.1
United States

dkalbach Posted at 9-2 08:57
I have a similar issue - I think however DJI has sent me a new drone.  Can anyone verify this.  Both of the units I achieved have an R (but in the 8th digit)  I ran both serial numbers and they were both built in July of this year (2 days apart)  This leads me to believe I am receiving a new unit for replacement.

My situation was a little different.  I received the original drone which then failed (no fan) after 1 hour of flight time.

Would not operate at all, and shuts itself down due to overheat.  Every landing was on a landing pad....

DJI tells me this is unusual, I certainly hope so.  I definitely will not accept a refurbished unit in place of a 1 hour old drone that hasn't touched the ground....

DJI Replacement

Old Serial Number: 0M6CG7SR0A02M9
Model: Unknown, build on: 26. July 2019

New Serial Number: 0M6CG7QR0A02DJ
Model: Unknown, build on: 24. July 2019
2019-9-2
Use props
djiuser_yzWgKAWHOwSn
lvl.1

India

Hello guys.

Can anyone confirm that is this mavic mini 1 a refurbished one?
Serial number- 1SZCH4R41261L1

Thank yoo
2021-1-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_yzWgKAWHOwSn Posted at 1-27 09:52
Hello guys.

Can anyone confirm that is this mavic mini 1 a refurbished one?

Hi, as per the serial number, it is not a refurbished unit.
2021-1-28
Use props
Microchipnet
New
Flight distance : 10889 ft
Brazil

4WDaus Posted at 2018-1-10 18:38
Not refurbished, built 2017 March 1st

Hi!  my serial number  is  xxxxxxxxHRB  dji mini 2 . is it refurbished???? tanks me from brasil,

2021-10-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Microchipnet Posted at 10-24 07:04
Hi!  my serial number  is  xxxxxxxxHRB  dji mini 2 . is it refurbished???? tanks me from brasil,

Hi there. I sent you a private message. Thanks.
2021-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules