Crystalsky not connecting via USB C
6002 9 2018-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Leadfoot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64413 ft
Australia

So my new CrystalSky won't connect to my Inspire 2 controller via the internal USB C cable and plug.

When I power up the remote the the CS powers up itself. I then power up the Inspire 2 and the green LED shows the remote is connected to the drone.

The Go4 app on CrystalSky does not connect to the drone and says "disconnected" bottom corner of the screen.

The CrystalSky does connect via the USB port on the side and I can fly that way (though the app did lose connection and crash yesterday using this method)

Any help would be greatly appreciated
2018-1-10
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I find with my Ultra,  once you have the AC and RC on and connected, and then turn on the DJI Go 4 app it does not always connect.

What I do is turn the RC on and off again while the DJI Go 4 app is open and this then initialises the connection.

If this doesn't work, I'd test out the USB C port by trying to connect it to a PC etc.

Are you using the DJI CS mount ?
2018-1-11
Use props
Leadfoot
lvl.2
Australia

lannes Posted at 2018-1-11 08:16
I find with my Ultra,  once you have the AC and RC on and connected, and then turn on the DJI Go 4 app it does not always connect.

What I do is turn the RC on and off again while the DJI Go 4 app is open and this then initialises the connection.

Hi,

Yes I'm using the CS mount. The USB connection on the side works first time every time. It's the C plug in the mount that's not working.

I've tried connecting the CS to my Mavic Pro and I get the same result as the Inspire 2.

Today I'll go buy a USB - C cable and try plugging it in that way to make sure it's not the socket in the CS.

Process of elimination I guess
2018-1-11
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Leadfoot Posted at 2018-1-11 12:58
Hi,

Yes I'm using the CS mount. The USB connection on the side works first time every time. It's the C plug in the mount that's not working.
I'd back off the screws in the mounting bracket, just in case internally it's deforming the USB C port.

I also read somewhere else that a poster  had  a faulty USB C port in the CS and had to return it for repair
2018-1-11
Use props
Leadfoot
lvl.2
Australia

lannes Posted at 2018-1-11 18:26
I'd back off the screws in the mounting bracket, just in case internally it's deforming the USB C port.

I also read somewhere else that a poster  had  a faulty USB C port in the CS and had to return it for repair

I actually completely removed the mounting plate and connected it that way. Had the same result.

The screen powers up when the remote (Inspire 2 or Mavic Pro) is switched on and it buzzes/vibrates once.

I can't help but think it's some software thing that's not reading from the C port for some strange reason
2018-1-11
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Leadfoot Posted at 2018-1-11 18:39
I actually completely removed the mounting plate and connected it that way. Had the same result.

The screen powers up when the remote (Inspire 2 or Mavic Pro) is switched on and it buzzes/vibrates once.

So on powering up the controller the app turns on and enters the intro page,  does the AC  get automatically selected and defaulted ?
If it doesn't then the usb c is not recognising the data from the controller.

Are you using DJI Go 4 4.1.18 ? you could discount the app by trying Litchi, but that would involve side loading

Probably try another usb c cable to discount a bad cable in the DJI CS mount

2018-1-11
Use props
Leadfoot
lvl.2
Australia

Solved

It was the cable in the Crystal Sky mount. Replaced and working fine now
2018-1-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Leadfoot Posted at 2018-1-12 20:21
Solved

Great! It is important to check the cable when you get the disconnected message. You can also change a device to connect your drone if you have the message next time. Thanks for your support.
2018-1-14
Use props
GMTMT FILMS
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Leadfoot Posted at 2018-1-12 20:21
Solved

I've got the same problem. Was this replacement cable an original to fit back into the mount? If so, where did you get it? Pulling my hair out here... cheers.
2018-10-15
Use props
Alexios
lvl.2
Greece

I have the same problem!

The monitor turns on once placed into the Mount and vibrates as the controller is already on which indicates some type of recognition.

However the aircraft disconnected message is displayed in the app.

I am able to connect to the Cedence controller with regular USB, this defeats the whole purpose of the mount however.

How does one go about replacing the cable within the monitor? Do In have to send to China or can I go to a DJI store?

Thanks!
2018-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules