RC and Aircraft Don't Stay Connected After Update
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
madmoose123
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4081 ft
United States

Hello,

I have not flown my P3P in a while, and I was going to go out this weekend. After I pulled it out, charged all the batteries, and fire it up everything was working great. Tested everything, and all was well. I noticed I needed a firmware upgrade, so I went ahead and updated the P3P since I've never had problems in the past.

Now my RC does not connect to my P3P. The light on RC flashes between red and green very fast, but mostly stays red. The picture only shows the top 1/4 of the image and the lower half is green screen green, or no there is image at all. The aircraft status bounce between yellow warming up, red aircraft disconnected, and IMU Calibration needed. I get a message sometimes saying there is a lot of wifi interference.  The aircraft will go from normal start up sounds to all red LED on the arms.

I've spent hours trying to get this thing to work, and I've scoured youtube and the forums here.

These are the things I learned and tried:

I've checked the text file, and it says it updated to the latest version successfully.  

I’ve tried re-linking the RC and the P3P, but while it says it’s successfully linked the problem persists.

I tried to use a USB to update the RC incase the firmware on that was old. I could not get the blue beeps to start, so I had to search why that wasn’t working. Found out that I have 1.6.0 firmware. I tried to use the go app to update that firmware, but every time I try and download 1.8.0. I get a download failed error.

I tried to go back to the old firmware I had before the upgrade, and since I had the mind to save to old firmware’s .bin file just in case. I went ahead and tried to downgrade. That didn’t work. The .txt file says I can’t downgrade.

I’m very frustrated at this point. Can anyone give me an idea what to try next?

Thanks in advance. 

PS: If it will help, I can take a video of everything in inaction tommowow. Just let me know, and I'll upload it to my google drive.
2018-1-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, the issue might appear if the aircraft and controller firmware are not matched. Please refer below and check again: Turn off the RC, try to hold on the C1, C2, record button and toggle the ISO dial at the same time, then turn on the RC and connect with APP. A message of firmware update can be found in the status bar, please check and try again.
2018-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules