Dji Spark
1616 16 2018-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4dbd74c1
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Come on Dji reinstall otg, it makes the spark one of the best drones on the market. if people read forums about dji blocking otg they are going to turn away and go else where !!!
2018-1-11
Use props
KAPOzz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 206138 ft
Vietnam

Yeah... although am not in EU, does feel the pain. But the latest firmware seems workable with OTG though. It switched to 2.4Ghz automatically. When i unplugged and connected to wifi, it went to my default 5.8Ghz.
2018-1-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It would be nice to have an official fixed line connection on the Spark as with the Mavic
2018-1-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, guys. Please wait patiently, OTG cable is not fully tested and our engineers are working on that. If we have any news, we will let you know. Thanks for your attention.  
2018-1-11
Use props
fans8a13941d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33862 ft
Spain

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-11 02:00
Hi, guys. Please wait patiently, OTG cable is not fully tested and our engineers are working on that. If we have any news, we will let you know. Thanks for your attention.

Is that true that in the near future we'll be able to use the OTG cable with our SPARK? that will be a great improvement.
2018-1-11
Use props
fans4dbd74c1
lvl.1
United Kingdom

This  is the same old anwser from dji, its like a robot talking "engineering looking at it" this is on almost every forum come on get it sorted
2018-1-11
Use props
TundraLu
lvl.1

United States

I hope so because i have 3 Samsung Tablets and only one works with OTG on V 1.1.15.  As soon as i upgrade it to V 1.1.18 it NO longer works.  I hate Apple so please do not tell me to get an Ipad.  I own like 10 Samsung Android devices and they work perfectly except with this drone.
OTG flying the Spark for me is like 10x better than Wifi as my area has Alot of interference on wifi signals.   
2018-1-11
Use props
jksphoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 114121 ft
Sweden

fans4dbd74c1 Posted at 2018-1-11 04:24
This  is the same old anwser from dji, its like a robot talking "engineering looking at it" this is on almost every forum come on get it sorted

In all honesty, it could be true. It was always sold as a wifi drone. meaning that it wouldn't of been tested using the OTG cable. If Dji were to officially implement the cable, then this then caused issues, there would be the same uproar once again, with Dji being blamed for another mess up.

If they are going to sort it, then many hoops will need to be jumped through to get it released. Certain it won't be a quick fix.
2018-1-11
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

I've been flying without OTG cable from the start without any issues.  I use an iPhone 6s on IOS 11.2
2018-1-11
Use props
jksphoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 114121 ft
Sweden

Sparky_17 Posted at 2018-1-11 08:12
I've been flying without OTG cable from the start without any issues.  I use an iPhone 6s on IOS 11.2

You are running the same set up as me, no issues also
2018-1-11
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Aside the try, to use a LG G4, which didn't connect via OTG, and one day, 3 flights, with 4.1.18, I am flying since day one WITH cable.
And without any issues!
Oneplus5 on android 7, android 8 I will have to check soon.
2018-1-11
Use props
Spark Kam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 417 ft
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-11 02:00
Hi, guys. Please wait patiently, OTG cable is not fully tested and our engineers are working on that. If we have any news, we will let you know. Thanks for your attention.

I hope so Elektra. I really like your product but so far it has not been usable for me because my Nexus 6 phone constantly freezes and crashes with the app. Luckily those are the only issues I've had and can easily fly it back to me. I've had the Spark for a month and have only 2 real flights because I cant see once it stops transmitting.
2018-1-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Spark Kam Posted at 2018-1-11 09:28
I hope so Elektra. I really like your product but so far it has not been usable for me because my Nexus 6 phone constantly freezes and crashes with the app. Luckily those are the only issues I've had and can easily fly it back to me. I've had the Spark for a month and have only 2 real flights because I cant see once it stops transmitting.

Kam, I would recommend you change a device in our recommended list. Please ensure that you have the latest version of app. Thanks for your passion toward our drones.
2018-1-11
Use props
Sailor Murfs
lvl.1

United States

You can always downgrade version to use OTG cable again.
2018-1-11
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Japan

TundraLu Posted at 2018-1-11 07:50
I hope so because i have 3 Samsung Tablets and only one works with OTG on V 1.1.15.  As soon as i upgrade it to V 1.1.18 it NO longer works.  I hate Apple so please do not tell me to get an Ipad.  I own like 10 Samsung Android devices and they work perfectly except with this drone.
OTG flying the Spark for me is like 10x better than Wifi as my area has Alot of interference on wifi signals.

I dont know wht is the big thing about OTG. It messes up with your cable during flight.
WiFi works pretty fine.  I'm using Samsung Note 5 Android . I have the FCC 5.8GHz
To build your confidence , I uploaded my flight log which I did yesterday using Firmwares  V0.9000, app 4.1.22 , RC 0.4000

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/UIBZRBJKPT5OQ14BBQS3/
2018-1-11
Use props
djiuser_LDNGGuK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2283 ft
Brazil

Please make the OTG work on the official app, people are using modded and outdated apps so they can enjoy the benefits of using the cable to connect the controller and phone. We know it was not an official feature from the start, but it works and it is much better than the wifi. You could even launch it as a BETA function and make a disclaimer that we have to agree to that we use it at our own risk until you can validate data and make an official public release.
2018-1-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fans8a13941d Posted at 2018-1-11 02:03
Is that true that in the near future we'll be able to use the OTG cable with our SPARK? that will be a great improvement.

Thanks for your patience. I would recommend you use the wifi connection now. And we will inform users if we have any news about it.
2018-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules