Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Mavic Pro Firmware Released (11/1/2018)
69217 446 2018-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yuumee
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1039029 ft
Taiwan

Nazar78 Posted at 2018-1-11 04:11
No significant update for Mavic Pro unless you use the Goggles? One of 2018 disappointments

There are - just they won't tell you about some of them ;)
2018-1-19
Use props
fansa95ed05f
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1335732 ft
Norway

Do you know what the improvements are? - besides the mentioned goggles updates.
I've also updated the firmware, only flown one battery. Worked fine, no issues with iPhone 7(latest iOS and GO-app)

Not seen any differences compared to the old .100 firmware though
2018-1-19
Use props
Eric SCHEIDECKE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2906358 ft
Spain

Hi all,
Disconnection issues are only with Android, iOS or both?
I have to work with my MP tomorrow and it would nice to know that in order to choose my iPhone 6+ or my Samsung.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards.
2018-1-19
Use props
CycleParadise
Captain
Flight distance : 118330 ft
United States

Eric SCHEIDECKE Posted at 2018-1-19 09:53
Hi all,
Disconnection issues are only with Android, iOS or both?
I have to work with my MP tomorrow and it would nice to know that in order to choose my iPhone 6+ or my Samsung.

Sounds like issues with both platforms.

I say take both phones with you and try both. See which performs better.
2018-1-19
Use props
Eric SCHEIDECKE
lvl.4
Spain

CycleParadise Posted at 2018-1-19 10:12
Sounds like issues with both platforms.

I say take both phones with you and try both. See which performs better.

Tku, I'll take both, the problem is that it is a long distance job!!!
I will cross my fingers.

PD: In all disconnection issues, the Aircraft is supposed to return home?!?! This is true or it is only theory?
2018-1-19
Use props
integer
Captain
Flight distance : 46395965 ft
Greece

flown three batteries, 22km. no issues.
2018-1-19
Use props
CycleParadise
Captain
Flight distance : 118330 ft
United States

Eric SCHEIDECKE Posted at 2018-1-19 10:22
Tku, I'll take both, the problem is that it is a long distance job!!!
I will cross my fingers.

If the aircraft disconnects from the controller, it's supposed to RTH (if you have it configured that way).

If the Go4 app disconnects from the controller and the controller is still connected to the aircraft, it won't trigger RTH. Of course you can always do this manually.

Keep us posted.
2018-1-19
Use props
djiuser_deGKYFL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7497 ft

United Kingdom

I flew 3 batteries without any problems, after I was flying in the Alps and Mavic disconnected above big nothing and start hoovering. After about 1 minute come back to home and hoovering 2 meters above landing place. So I downgraded firmware
2018-1-19
Use props
djiuser_g5paIwN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69892 ft
Philippines

DJT_MVSP Posted at 2018-1-15 00:40
Updated: Now it flies slower
And image transmission is now 500ms compared to 200ms

I also noticed this issue especially when going left or right (lateral flying). No disconnection issue though.
2018-1-20
Use props
Eric SCHEIDECKE
lvl.4
Spain

CycleParadise Posted at 2018-1-19 11:46
If the aircraft disconnects from the controller, it's supposed to RTH (if you have it configured that way).

If the Go4 app disconnects from the controller and the controller is still connected to the aircraft, it won't trigger RTH. Of course you can always do this manually.

Hi all,
I have been flying 3 batts, no warnings, no disconnections, I have been out only 1.6 km because of windy conditions at 150m, only one disconnection from the goggles RE when landing on second flight (2 seconds). AIRDATA logs shows all sensors green all the time.
I have been flying with the last versions of everything, and iPhone 6+
2018-1-20
Use props
法轮功
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3504 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good news... DJI made a half attempt at answering the GPL cries, SOME more of the source has been shared, but the kernel is still missing. https://www.dji.com/opensource
So they get SOME kudos, but not much. Only small ones.
2018-1-20
Use props
ReleaseTheSourc
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

法轮功 Posted at 2018-1-20 09:40
Good news... DJI made a half attempt at answering the GPL cries, SOME more of the source has been shared, but the kernel is still missing. https://www.dji.com/opensource
So they get SOME kudos, but not much. Only small ones.

They are trailing us along.

I'm getting ready to drop all my planned bug bounty submissions in a very public way if they don't comply. Several tech journalists have already reached out.
2018-1-20
Use props
Kyokushin
Captain
Flight distance : 296378 ft
Poland

DJI, please share a kernel code.
2018-1-20
Use props
No2yellowzone
New

United States

give us the kernel source
2018-1-20
Use props
b3da
lvl.3
Flight distance : 578169 ft
Czechia

Thanks DJI, but please give us kernel source too !
2018-1-20
Use props
rreindl
First Officer
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

I flew on about 4 batteries worth and did no see a single issue.
2018-1-20
Use props
Ping^Spike
lvl.2
Flight distance : 293189 ft
United Kingdom

Where's the kernels sauce, DJI?

We're waiting...

2018-1-20
Use props
Drone34
First Officer
Flight distance : 84091 ft
United States

Updated today and only had time to fly one battery but everything is good to go.
2018-1-20
Use props
Supervisor
lvl.3
Flight distance : 197602 ft
United States

If you are gonna release a little bit, why not release it all?
2018-1-20
Use props
LeafPeeper
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229058 ft
United States

Supervisor Posted at 2018-1-20 15:47
If you are gonna release a little bit, why not release it all?

Updated yesterday and got to fly one battery.   First take off was crazy - Mavic was wobbling all over the place.  I panicked and immediately landed, but I THINK it was just some wind gusts.   The second take off was fine and I flew for 15 minutes.   Only issue was the Go app quit once and had to be restarted - but the controller stayed connected.   I did this with my Huawei Ascend XT2.

LP
2018-1-21
Use props
fansf77370fb
First Officer
Flight distance : 1008924 ft
United States

I just purchased by MP two weeks ago and fly every day. I have not had one problem. She’s flying like a dream. Are use a I pad mini two.
2018-1-21
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 370587 ft
Netherlands

fansf77370fb Posted at 2018-1-21 12:43
I just purchased by MP two weeks ago and fly every day. I have not had one problem. She’s flying like a dream. Are use a I pad mini two.

so stay away from updates and have fun ...
2018-1-21
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.2
Netherlands

This early morning I went out to shoot some sunrise pictures with my Mavic. After following my preflight procedure (turn on controller than the app and finally Mavic itself) I made two very successful flight without even one glitch. At the end of my third battery the app crashed. I tried to restart it but without success. My mavic was apx. 300 meters away shooting a panorama, I could only see a dot in the sky. I pressed and held the hold button, as suggested by one of the forum members but I still was not able to restart the app, which was stuck at the first screenshot every time I tried to. Eventually I pressed the RTH button and this time I heard my investment returning my direction. I successfully landed it and tried to restart the app - nothing. It was only possible after restarting the Mavic , controller and the app itself.  Man it was stressful!!!
First thing I did after returning tom my home is downgrade the bloody firmware. I also cursed DJI for releasing this son of the devil and asked some voodoo and black magic fellow to ... just kidding.
This afternoon I have successfully made another three flights with firmware v01.04.0100 without issues.
My suggestion is - stay away from this firmware v01.04.0200 if you can!!!
Cheers ,
ps. guys moaning about the code - I feel very sorry for you!!!
2018-1-21
Use props
SALE7
lvl.1
Ghana

I was trying to update i got battry low i chargen then try to update again , after i switch tha aircraft on beeping sound wont stop with a slight movemnt of propels and the front leds dimed too , and is not able to update even whn i coonect to pc too any help guys ?
2018-1-21
Use props
jeffb2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 42887 ft
  • >>>
United States

I thought you could not downgrade once this firmware was installed.
2018-1-21
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.2
Netherlands

jeffb2002 Posted at 2018-1-21 13:53
I thought you could not downgrade once this firmware was installed.

I was able to downgrade without any problems ... It is not possible to downgrade if you come from the version prior to v01.04.0100 ... and you can only downgrade to this version ...
2018-1-21
Use props
fansf77370fb
First Officer
Flight distance : 1008924 ft
United States

I just checked the firmware I was on an it is 1.04.0200. I must be extremely lucky. I hope my watch keeps going. Why would so many other guys have problems and I am not.
2018-1-21
Use props
Joubernard
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11821 ft
Namibia

2018-1-21
Use props
Joubernard
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11821 ft
Namibia

MY MAVIC RC is Updating but my MAVIC PRO DRONE Cannot Load Firmware Version
2018-1-21
Use props
Lukas_Scowen
lvl.1
New Zealand

Always love a new firmware update!
2018-1-21
Use props
fans9f5bae60
lvl.1

India

I updated my my Mavic pro and remote after that while flight it continues get disconnected from remote.
2018-1-22
Use props
RobDownUnder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 103609 ft
Australia

First chance for a longer flight since upgrade. No control or communication issues. I went a little past line of sight (450meters) to 500 meters from starting point several times. Farmer next door was welding and I got one radio interference warning briefly, so I moved a few meters and issue resolved without any disruption.
For those with loosing contact with phones and tablets, I am curious to know how far from you is MP when disconnect happens?
I know one user who flies up to 4 kilometres out to sea to photograph passing ships. I think that is asking for trouble and certainly outside what is legal in Australia.
2018-1-22
Use props
Wirezfree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17999 ft
United Kingdom

法轮功 Posted at 2018-1-20 09:40
So they get SOME kudos, but not much. Only small ones.

"Success is rarely the result of one swell swoop, but more often the culmination of many, many small victories."
2018-1-22
Use props
djiuser_DbV3UbM
lvl.1
Vietnam

Hello,
I'm a newbie at this forum cause I just bought a Mavic Pro Platinum  a few days ago. By reading its manual and watching instructions on Youtube, finally I could fly it without any issues.
The only disadvantage found was that updating firmware to v01.04.0200 failed on drone and RC, I had to use DJI Assistant 2 on my laptop.
One strange issue that seemed to come from my smartphone (Asus Zenfone Max, 2GB RAM, screen 720p) - image transmission was not smooth even though the drone was bout less than 300 m away, altitude only 120 m. Maybe it's not compatible with the Mavic? I'm not sure.
Please help me with your answer: I intend to buy Xiaomi Note 4X-32GB Ram 3GB 2017 - is this model compatible with the Mavic Platinum? Especially image transmission?
Thank you very much!
2018-1-22
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.2
Netherlands

RobDownUnder Posted at 2018-1-22 16:50
First chance for a longer flight since upgrade. No control or communication issues. I went a little past line of sight (450meters) to 500 meters from starting point several times. Farmer next door was welding and I got one radio interference warning briefly, so I moved a few meters and issue resolved without any disruption.
For those with loosing contact with phones and tablets, I am curious to know how far from you is MP when disconnect happens?
I know one user who flies up to 4 kilometres out to sea to photograph passing ships. I think that is asking for trouble and certainly outside what is legal in Australia.

My phone disconnect issues happened randomly. The first one apx. 50 meters away and the last around 380 meters. I already downgraded to the previous version and flew without problems.
2018-1-23
Use props
Locoman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

I have had NO issues with my iOS Mini 4, running most current FW, GO4 software. So, maybe your problem it is an Android software issue, device processor issue or connecting plug between RC and your device.
2018-1-23
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.2
Netherlands

Locoman Posted at 2018-1-23 04:03
I have had NO issues with my iOS Mini 4, running most current FW, GO4 software. So, maybe your problem it is an Android software issue, device processor issue or connecting plug between RC and your device.

I can easily dismiss all of your suggestions. Only thing has changed is the firmware version on the Mavic and remote. Although sluggish in flying against the wind it has never permanently disconnected on  v01.04.0100. I had some app crashes but I was so far able to restart and reconnect. It is not the case with version  v01.04.0200. Once crashed the app will not connect nor restart.
I am suspecting DJI of conspiracy wanting us to get rid of Mavics and buy their new product, which they are going to release tomorrow. ;-)

2018-1-23
Use props
Cameron Dasso
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6115 ft
United States

theothernt Posted at 2018-1-11 12:40
Just updated my MPP... and it still works, did I do something wrong?

LOL awesome post.
2018-1-23
Use props
Cameron Dasso
lvl.2
United States

HyLenz Posted at 2018-1-12 06:40
I came here to look for update results from competent pilots. Not to hear ya'll whining about DJI not releasing their code. That should have been in its own thread. Some want to spam this post to get back at DJI, seems quite petty, IMO. Thanks for making us all pay for your arguments with DJI, and ruining this post.

This thread is useless now...

I thought this kind of stuff only went on in the Spark forum but apparently not.......
2018-1-23
Use props
Cameron Dasso
lvl.2
United States

法轮功 Posted at 2018-1-12 16:34
Compile it, of course! And check it for more bugs... like we did with their FTPD, which they have subsequently fixed (and not thanked me for).

[view_image]

Well that's pretty cool. Thanks
2018-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules