New Mavic Pro Firmware Released (11/1/2018)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RolandW
lvl.2
United States

My first Platinum had camera problems, and UPS brought the replacement today. I decided to just update everything to the latest this time. The aircraft firmware update took maybe half an hour, and then a few minutes with each of the two other batteries after they triggered "Incompatible firmware" warnings. Updated the controller FW too, and my Huawei Ascend XT2 phone to the latest GO 4.
After calibrating the IMU and tweaking a few settings, I tried the GO 4 simulator, and got the same motor current warning that I got with my first Mavic, which never popped up while actually flying. I hope to take this one outside day after tomorrow.
What's different about the startup tune? Same old thing as far as I can tell. A Stones medley would have been nice.
2018-1-12
Use props
ReleaseTheSourc
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DaveRave Posted at 2018-1-12 18:12
And?  Some of us are learning...

and learning is great! The entire reason I bought the drone was to learn how the work, from the inside out. No issue with someone being wrong, and wanting to learn. I took issue with someone flaunting years of experience as proof of being right.
2018-1-12
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

anyone had any issues yet with new firmware???
2018-1-12
Use props
CA Mavic Pro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639652 ft
Lebanon

Did not update yet.. Not much apparently in this release?!
2018-1-12
Use props
Bucefalo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 444944 ft
Italy

CA Mavic Pro Posted at 2018-1-12 23:01
Did not update yet.. Not much apparently in this release?!

what??????? are you kidding me ??? startup music  has been OPTIMIZED... finally

Dji would you kindly "please share the GPL source code" ? that's part of your duty... so why this is ignored? thanks
2018-1-13
Use props
b3da
lvl.2
Flight distance : 578169 ft
Czechia

DJI please share the GPL source code! thanks
2018-1-13
Use props
Osman_SG
New
Singapore

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-12 04:38
Have you updated the RC ?

Then checking firmware in 'About' in general settings menu, you will see and be able to check for any 'flysafe' database updates. I don't think there is any battery firmware update, but using another battery might prompt an 'inconsistent firmware' response if it weren't up to date.

Thanks Aardvark,

I'm very new to the Mavic Pro and was unable to get the App to prompt me to update the RC firmware.  I tried connecting the phone to the USB port in the middle of the RC but I didn't get any prompt to update the firmware.

However the App still prompts me to update the drone's firmware (red band with the version number that is already confirmed installed on the drone)

Thanks,

Oz
2018-1-13
Use props
Bachi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 172064 ft
Argentina

djiuser_yMoVJ0w Posted at 2018-1-11 14:37
new to the site guys, just wondering if i have my mavic set to return home, could i still get a fly away?

Best way to reduce chances of your drone drifting away is to make 100% sure your RTH location is recorded at take off and,  a
s soon as you start having RC signal problems or erratic drone response, SWITCH OFF your remote.
A clear cut RC signal is your best chance at the bird reacting and returning home
2018-1-13
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Osman_SG Posted at 2018-1-13 02:01
Thanks Aardvark,

I'm very new to the Mavic Pro and was unable to get the App to prompt me to update the RC firmware.  I tried connecting the phone to the USB port in the middle of the RC but I didn't get any prompt to update the firmware.

If you connect to the full sized USB port on the Mavic controller, then the small cable needs to be unplugged from the micro USB port on the left hand side, otherwise the full sized USB will not work.
Another way to check and install updates is to run an Application called DJI Assistant 2 on your PC/Mac, this can be used to update the Mavic & the RC when they are connected to computer via a USB.
2018-1-13
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26493 ft
France

Source code please DJI  : )
2018-1-13
Use props
TriptyX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 349226 ft
Croatia

Got a short flight today.Seems ok. Will check for video and photo now. And got a warning wind too strong so landed. And mavic tipped a bit while landing.....but there seems to be no problems. 14 sats locked and handled pretty good wind gusts....
2018-1-13
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Traditionally most Mavic firmware releases have included Easter eggs (undocumented "features"), and I'll be surprised if it turns out this one's any different. Personally I doubt very much that DJI went to the trouble of pushing out a new firmware release just so the three-note startup sound would be more melodious, but maybe I'm wrong and they're all just really big music lovers.
2018-1-13
Use props
Layrouns Layrou
New

Ghana

Already updated and yet to give the new upgrade a trail. hopefully will give a review regarding the new touches.
2018-1-13
Use props
ReleaseTheSourc
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Easy Ed Posted at 2018-1-12 19:26
Would the source code help to prove or disprove this ? https://info.publicintelligence.net/ICE-DJI-China.pdf

Just wondering if it is why they are not giving it up.

Yes and no. There are ways to obscure what code does, or otherwise hide functions inother code (they could possibly hide such code in the battery etc).
2018-1-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Guys, flew with the new firware inside the house and the drone just went crazy. i flew it a few times inside in atti mode with no issues on old firmware, it is currently downgrading firmware via assistant 2 right now.
2018-1-13
Use props
n03l
lvl.4
Netherlands

Please share the source code with us as agreed to according to the GPL.
2018-1-13
Use props
DJT_MVSP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

Just installed using Dji GO 4.1.22. Only 200+ MB
2018-1-13
Use props
Ping^Spike
lvl.2
Flight distance : 293189 ft
United Kingdom

Has DJI released the sauce yet?

Come on DJI, we're all waiting...

2018-1-13
Use props
jcgoobee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 476119 ft
United States

Okay, I took the plunge and did my upgrade today and if you're going to do it too, be sure to charge up your batteries to their fullest before proceeding. It took nearly 20 minutes for my Mavic to complete the upgrade. I'm going to test fly it in a couple of hours and see how things go.
2018-1-13
Use props
randygd
lvl.2
United States

I am a relative newbie and my perspective comes from issues I had from day one with the server and reading a lot in the P4P  and Mavic forums here. My first thought is their firmware is not properly beta tested before release. In the P4P forum there are serious and well documented issues with the gimbal, flipped photos, and a variety of others that are not only documented but recognized by DJI. In fact beta releases/fixes are freely handed out to those who have the issues. Likewise there are issues with Mavic. Whenever one of my other software vendors releases a new update I am usually excited to get the benefits. With DJI firmware I am scared to death to change what is working. The cynical side of me wonders if this is intentional as I have seen companies use their customers as essentially beta testers.

I knew nothing about open source until the many posts here and spent some time looking at the issue. I am very concerned DJI is not living up to its agreements and while it seems at first blush unrelated to the actual performance of the new firmware and this thread I am persuaded that is not the case. I am particularly concerned with my privacy rights and the possibility of abuses. I admit part of that concern surrounds who and where the manufacturer is from but I suspect if most here in the US (largest customer base) are honest it is a legitimate topic of debate. I need complete transparency from DJI on the issue and what disturbs me is they have legally agreed to do exactly that and apparently are not as of yet living up to their side of the bargain. I can honestly admit that only feeds my suspicions about who and where these products are made. I hope they solve this issue and soon.
2018-1-13
Use props
flysafe
New
Flight distance : 13753 ft
United States

I am having issues with the new firmware, it's been released without proper documentation as required by law.

Can you provide the source code under GPL?

What is your reason for delaying, DJI? Is it because of the following?
"Da Jiang Innovations (DJI) Likely Providing U.S. Critical Infrastructure and Law Enforcement Data to Chinese Government"
https://info.publicintelligence.net/ICE-DJI-China.pdf
2018-1-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Okay, downgrade completed, flew it inside perfect, took a short flight outdoors and just has it was PERFECT. no more updating for me.
2018-1-13
Use props
drn3px69
Second Officer
Flight distance : 213268 ft
Argentina

Suren Posted at 2018-1-12 22:44
anyone had any issues yet with new firmware???

Yes, me, check: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=5#pid1127579
2018-1-13
Use props
drn3px69
Second Officer
Flight distance : 213268 ft
Argentina

Bucefalo Posted at 2018-1-13 01:04
what??????? are you kidding me ??? startup music  has been OPTIMIZED... finally

yes, but only on Platinum version. Its not clear for me if others Mavic Pro have a nice startup music or not yet...
2018-1-13
Use props
Monsinho
lvl.1
Flight distance : 272490 ft
Sweden

I updated my aircraft and remote and directly after flew away 1,5 km (5000 feet) without any mishaps or signal loss. Everything seems to work ok.
2018-1-13
Use props
ReleaseTheSourc
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Easy Ed Posted at 2018-1-13 07:02
Thanks for the response. I read the link 法轮功 post in their response to my question also and I am only guessing here, but I take it that DJI is not living up to this comment in that link that states "DJI is also introducing a bug bounty program for external researchers to better aid our efforts to improve our products and apps, as well as a more robust research and academic outreach program to quickly identify and resolve potential security issues." and it is the reason for all the request for the source code ?

When reading the forum post I try to learn from them, please excuse all the questions.

My purpose for the src request initially was to complete a submission for the bounty. I can't complete it without source, so  yes kinda
2018-1-13
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

I am happy with my Mavic P Platinum start music, therefore, not updating!

2018-1-13
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Suren Posted at 2018-1-13 08:24
Okay, downgrade completed, flew it inside perfect, took a short flight outdoors and just has it was PERFECT. no more updating for me.

What was your method of downgrading? I'm curious as to how people are doing this. Yes i have seen the files and all but i have no idea how to use them. Any videos for the ones listed in this thread? I've seen videos on the other ways..........
2018-1-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

rolling56 Posted at 2018-1-13 09:11
What was your method of downgrading? I'm curious as to how people are doing this. Yes i have seen the files and all but i have no idea how to use them. Any videos for the ones listed in this thread? I've seen videos on the other ways..........

just plug mavic to pc, start assistant 2 and you will see older firmware with the option to downgrade
2018-1-13
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Suren Posted at 2018-1-13 09:13
just plug mavic to pc, start assistant 2 and you will see older firmware with the option to downgrade

lol ok i haven't upgraded to the newest and only going by what i have read. That was stupid of me..........
2018-1-13
Use props
Kune
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2773465 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Upgraded and tested. 2 batteries used and everything run perfectly. No issues.
2018-1-13
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

randygd Posted at 2018-1-13 08:02
I am a relative newbie and my perspective comes from issues I had from day one with the server and reading a lot in the P4P  and Mavic forums here. My first thought is their firmware is not properly beta tested before release. In the P4P forum there are serious and well documented issues with the gimbal, flipped photos, and a variety of others that are not only documented but recognized by DJI. In fact beta releases/fixes are freely handed out to those who have the issues. Likewise there are issues with Mavic. Whenever one of my other software vendors releases a new update I am usually excited to get the benefits. With DJI firmware I am scared to death to change what is working. The cynical side of me wonders if this is intentional as I have seen companies use their customers as essentially beta testers.

I knew nothing about open source until the many posts here and spent some time looking at the issue. I am very concerned DJI is not living up to its agreements and while it seems at first blush unrelated to the actual performance of the new firmware and this thread I am persuaded that is not the case. I am particularly concerned with my privacy rights and the possibility of abuses. I admit part of that concern surrounds who and where the manufacturer is from but I suspect if most here in the US (largest customer base) are honest it is a legitimate topic of debate. I need complete transparency from DJI on the issue and what disturbs me is they have legally agreed to do exactly that and apparently are not as of yet living up to their side of the bargain. I can honestly admit that only feeds my suspicions about who and where these products are made. I hope they solve this issue and soon.

I am particularly concerned with my privacy rights and the possibility of abuses.

Maybe this will raise your concern: FAA Releases UAS Remote Tracking & ID ARC Report.

2018-1-13
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
United States

flysafe Posted at 2018-1-13 08:23
I am having issues with the new firmware, it's been released without proper documentation as required by law.

I'm trying to research this further. Can you please point me to the laws that require proper documentation?
2018-1-13
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

What's Missing

2018-1-13
Use props
Wirezfree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17999 ft
United Kingdom

flysafe Posted at 2018-1-13 08:23

What issues are you having.??
There are plenty of helpful/knowledgeable people on here.
2018-1-13
Use props
RebWeb
New
United Kingdom

New FW installed without drama, no noticeable change in behaviour in flight, RTH, gimbal, camera etc indoors or out (despite the somewhat gusty conditions - outdoors!).
I made the mistake of reading all the posts in this thread and instead of feeling sympathy for those seeking the bug bounty I find myself annoyed that they are effectively blocking this thread and irritating the drone pilots that rely on the information contained in the forums while doing nothing at all to DJI management who won't waste their time reading it. As everyone endlessly states this is a legal matter, why not address it in legal process? I am quite certain griping about it on a user forum will is not having the effect you desire :-(

2018-1-13
Use props
Wirezfree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17999 ft
United Kingdom

CycleParadise Posted at 2018-1-13 10:32
I am particularly concerned with my privacy rights and the possibility of abuses.

Maybe this will raise your concern: FAA Releases UAS Remote Tracking & ID ARC Report.

Are they even connected..??

I think the OP is worried about personal identifying information

The document is about tracking drones

2018-1-13
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

CycleParadise Posted at 2018-1-13 10:36

I'm trying to research this further. Can you please point me to the laws that require proper documentation?

I imagine a lot of people reading this thread are confused as to what's going on so I'll try to explain what I understand is happening. Apparently DJI used software with a license that allows it to be used for free under certain conditions, one of which is that if you modify it and then distribute it to customers (e.g., as part of the Mavic's firmware) you're legally obligated to publish it with your changes.

The people posting here about it and asking DJI to "release the source" (to coin a phrase) are participants in or observers of the hacking community that figured out how to disable the various firmware restrictions and who are the ones that discovered that DJI used and modified the software without publishing it.
2018-1-13
Use props
playstation_ice
lvl.1
Flight distance : 312448 ft
Australia

2018-1-13
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
United States

Wirezfree Posted at 2018-1-13 12:45
Are they even connected..??

I think the OP is worried about personal identifying information

I believe they are. Along with flight information, they want to track owner information, which to me is PII.
2018-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules