Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OSD/Histogram not displayed anymore on DJI Go 4.1.22
3179 15 2018-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ceho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 148484 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi, my first ever post here today :-) . I just got back from holidays where I could fly around a little bit with my Spark. I am located in Germany and Portugal. Despite the many issues I had since the last firmware and app update and that have been discussed here excessively, I stumbled into another problem that I couldn't find here being mentioned on the forums yet.

Since the app update to 4.1.22 the OSD and histogram cannot be displayed anymore on my device (Huawei Mate 10 Pro, Android 8.0). I can switch both sliders to enabled/green in the settings, however nothing is displayed on the main screen and when I check back to the sliders they are set back to disabled like I never changed them. I wonder if I started doing something wrong because everything worked fine on the previous version of the app. Does anybody experience the same issue? I have reported this to DJI via the app, but so far I couldn't find a solution to that problem anywhere. Any ideas?

Thanks,
ceho
2018-1-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Ceho, please tell me the following info for further check:
1. Did you use OTG cable?
2. Please try to use the devices in the recommended list.
3. Can you provide us the screenshot of the image screen with this problem?
Thanks for your support.
app spark.JPG
2018-1-11
Use props
xfirf_
First Officer
Flight distance : 194911 ft
Germany

For me I can enable the histogram. But next time I open the app its disabled again.
2018-1-11
Use props
djiuser_2QA65Ts
New
Belgium

xfirf_ Posted at 2018-1-11 05:29
For me I can enable the histogram. But next time I open the app its disabled again.

I can confirm I have the exact same problem, no OTG cable used, Samsung GS4.

2018-1-11
Use props
Lee Moon
First Officer
Flight distance : 61850 ft
United States

I have the OSD and the Histogram both showing on my iPad running DJI Go 4 app version 4.1.22.  This is without the RC.  I've restarted the app and the OSD and Histogram appear fine.  Perhaps it's a bug in the Android version of the app?
2018-1-11
Use props
ceho
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-11 05:18
Ceho, please tell me the following info for further check:
1. Did you use OTG cable?
2. Please try to use the devices in the recommended list.

Hi Elektra,

sorry for my late response.

1. No OTG (unfortunately not possible for me at the moment)
2. Well, with all respect, not a very helpful hint. This list of Android devices is ridiculously short. I use one ot the current top models and do not intend to buy another from your list just to be able to use a buggy app ;-) Actually I expect all latest models and Android versions to be fully supported by DJI!
3. Sure, I would, but the forum doesn't allow me, obviously. It states my files are too large although they are not. Nevertheless, all you see on the screnshots is the opened and connected app, the main screen, the settings switched off, then on, no OSD and histogram ond the screen, then back to settings and sliders back to disabled. The screenshots do not offer a real extra value to solve the issues.

2018-1-12
Use props
Greg Glasson
First Officer
Flight distance : 284843 ft
Australia

Hi Elektra,

I have the same problem on Samsung Galaxy S4. No OTG, running up to date firmware & software.
2018-1-12
Use props
ceho
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Hello, just wanted to report that the bug has not been resolved in the recent app version 4.2.4! So still no OSD and histogram on a Mate 10 on Android 8.0.

I would really like to use these features again (like I really would like to be able to use OTG again on the latest app version ;-)), any ideas when this will be fixed?
2018-1-26
Use props
ceho
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

I am sorry to bother, as DJI doesn't care to reply on my issue again. In the meantime I got my "old" Mate 9 back (which in fact is on your list of recommened devices, isn't it?). It is exactly the same issue. Neither OSD nor histogram are possible to being enabled. It is the same like I described in my first post.  So it happens since the app version 4.1.22 and now on version 4.2.4 on a Mate 9 with Android 7.0 and on a Mate 10 with Android 8.0! And by the replies of other forum members it seems I am not the only one and it happens on other devices too.

So DJI, would you care to finally give a hint on a possible solution for this? I am aware this may not be the biggest of all issues with the app, however this are two functions that are missing and most obviously it is another bug!
2018-2-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have no probs with the histogram
2018-2-3
Use props
fans1e2e5a9d
Flight distance : 141033 ft
United Kingdom

I have exactly the same issue: a flurry of firmware updates have been coming in since Jan 2018 (one DJI Go 4 update and then aircraft and geo fencing updates).  I use the P4 Pro, DJI Go 4.2.6, 01.05.0300 (aircraft firmware), 01.04.01.00 (RC transmitter), and the NVidia Shield K1.  I have not had an issue ever before losing the histogram,  AF Assist and MF Assist before - this is the first time, and their functionality is disabled for both video and photography.  As for others reporting this issue, you can move the sliders initially,  but this does not result in the functions operating,  and when you go back into camera settings, the sliders return back to disabled.  This is an extremely frustrating glitch: what is the reason / solution please?  Thanks
2018-2-25
Use props
djiuser_rJ81o1ep4MXC
New
United States

I'm experiencing the same issues. Spent about 15 minutes on the phone talking to a tech associate and was no help. I told him I took several steps to try to solve the issue. I downgraded to older versions of the firmware on the mavic. No luck. He had me running circles doing the same thing. I also re-installed the App on my phone. No luck. If i cleared the cache/data for the app on the phone and reinstall, it works if I stay on the screen, but as soon as I close out of the app and connect back, the histogram disappears. From there, I can't turn it back on at all. Hoping DJI fixes this before my trip in a few weeks.
2018-3-2
Use props
fansf65df67c
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1251453 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_rJ81o1ep4MXC Posted at 2018-3-2 19:01
I'm experiencing the same issues. Spent about 15 minutes on the phone talking to a tech associate and was no help. I told him I took several steps to try to solve the issue. I downgraded to older versions of the firmware on the mavic. No luck. He had me running circles doing the same thing. I also re-installed the App on my phone. No luck. If i cleared the cache/data for the app on the phone and reinstall, it works if I stay on the screen, but as soon as I close out of the app and connect back, the histogram disappears. From there, I can't turn it back on at all. Hoping DJI fixes this before my trip in a few weeks.

I have exactly the same issue on both my P4P and Mavic Air. I'm on android and no longer see the histogram
2018-3-19
Use props
Jos A
Captain
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

No need  to use app .22 unless you have the goggeles.
version 4.1.15 has no bugs, and you have your OTG.
2018-3-19
Use props
Forestjim
Captain
Flight distance : 6606519 ft
  • >>>

fansf65df67c Posted at 2018-3-19 10:54
I have exactly the same issue on both my P4P and Mavic Air. I'm on android and no longer see the histogram

I think android has a bug in it
When I’m using android ( Crystalsky) and it doesn’t  function unless I hot swap to an Apple product.
I turn on the Drone and connect the RC.
Wifi or cable up Iphone or iPad select Histrogram
Then hot swap back to the android phone/tablet. Leaving the Drone & RC on
The Histrogram is displayed. You can do the same for camera display
Also overexpose warning if you also fly a Mavic or Phantom.It comes and goes but this is how I’m getting it to work.
2018-4-15
Use props
Bitgumernijs Harm
New

Netherlands

Ook bij mij is dat het geval op mijn samsung s8 en weet dus niet of dit komt door de android update kortgeleden of de upgrade van de dji app go 4
2018-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules