Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is it possible to switch to ATTI mode manually
14217 14 2018-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mark S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41801 ft
United States

With all of the chatter about compass and GPS errors/interference is it possible to manually go to ATTI mode while flying outside so you can do a visual landing without the Spark trying to compensate for the bad data from these devices?
Some have mentioned going to Sport Mode for some "emergency" situations.

I looked in the manual but could not find anything about a manual change to ATTI mode.

2018-1-11
Use props
rimza
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3307 ft
Brunei

Well you are not wrong, there is no option to switch to ATTI mode manually.
But it ATTI you do have the toggles on the RC to manually control the spark.
2018-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

No they’re is no switch, it’s basically the same as Mavic , it is fully controllable in Atti mode but tricky in wind.
2018-1-11
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

Is it possible to turn on airplane mode with the wifi to the rc and or phone on?
2018-1-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ATTI mode switch is on the Phantom series and above but not the Spark or Mavic series. If you specifically want/need ATTI you’ll need to upgrade to a Phantom.
2018-1-11
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

No switch to change to ATTI mode on the Spark.  This can be a good or bad capability.
2018-1-11
Use props
Nidge
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Having a selectable ATTI mode, for me personally, would be a big bonus on the Spark. I have a number of other craft using the Naza V2 and APM flight controllers and nearly always fly in ATTI mode, or manual mode when I’m feeling particularly naughty, switching to GPS when I specifically want the craft to hold its position or fly a preset route. It could be set to function from one of the programmable buttons, and so that it’s not accidentally activated require an acknowledgement from the user along with a disclaimer message.
2018-1-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nidge Posted at 2018-1-11 13:49
Having a selectable ATTI mode, for me personally, would be a big bonus on the Spark. I have a number of other craft using the Naza V2 and APM flight controllers and nearly always fly in ATTI mode, or manual mode when I’m feeling particularly naughty, switching to GPS when I specifically want the craft to hold its position or fly a preset route. It could be set to function from one of the programmable buttons, and so that it’s not accidentally activated require an acknowledgement from the user along with a disclaimer message.

You and about a million others LOL
2018-1-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Mark, you can not go to ATTI mode manually. Spark will enter this mode when it has weak GPS signal and get compass interference. Or you can mount propeller guards and fly indoor to improve your skill. I would recommend you fly far away from things that have a bad influence on VPS. Thanks for your support.
3D VISION SYSTEM.png
2018-1-11
Use props
Strobing_NYC_Sp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3866470 ft
United States

You can enter the spark via it's config file and turn off Atti mode. It will also turn off all sensors so your milage may vary
2018-1-11
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

How?
Which config file?
2018-1-12
Use props
V_kingo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 310157 ft
Chile

heliman Posted at 2018-1-12 00:09
How?
Which config file?

look for digdat0 on Youtube
2018-1-12
Use props
Mark S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41801 ft
United States

Elektra,

Thanks for the reply and the notes on 3D Sensing and Vision system.

My two reasons for wanting ATTI mode is:
1) Get more experience flying without the GPS and compass just to know how to handle things
2) My hope would be if I could force ATTI mode if an error occurred during a flight I could switch to ATTI and "bring Sparky home" without it being confused by a GPS or compass problem

I am not prone to doing things that won't be supported by making non-standard changes to config files.  I suppose I could put metal tape over the top of the body and block the antenna but that sounds like a VERY BAD IDEA.

For now I will just be extra careful to fly where there is no potential interference, which I would do anyway.

Thanks,
Mark

2018-1-13
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

My main reason is that if it unexpectedly goes into atti mode, the speed suddenly increases many times. That’s dangerous.
In less than perfect environments, it’s safer to be locked in the faster mode to avoid surprises.
My next is reason 1) above.
2018-1-13
Use props
fans60055a4b
lvl.1
Canada

heliman Posted at 2018-1-12 00:09
How?
Which config file?

DJI Assistant 1.1.2., fswitch desired selection to (3).
2019-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules