Decision making on MAVIC PLAT
841 9 2018-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

I bought the spark and I enjoyed the experience with it however I needed more flight time. Is buying a Mavic worth it if it solves my battery consumption?
2018-1-11
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Flight time is Never enough but Mavic especially Platinum defenetley have more of it as also a range - very important to me in mountains
2018-1-11
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
United States

Is the combo worth it for the Mavic?
2018-1-11
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

The Combo is worth more to me than the Mavic Pro Plat would be.
Seriously, I bet there are people that would buy a DJI branded turd if it came with little upturns on the end of it's props.
2018-1-11
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not only flight time, but the reliability/dependability of the Mavic by far exceeds the Spark
2018-1-11
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
United States

Is buying a drone for recreational purposes not worth it? One could donate his/her money to the areas affected by hurricane Irma and such. Any opinions? And in today's world we rely on technology for giving us the ability to pass time whilst enjoying ourselves. In the old days however helping a neighbor out or exploring a place is a way to go.
2018-1-11
Use props
Brian88
lvl.3
Flight distance : 385942 ft
United States

Multiple batteries. Way cheaper than a new drone. If the Spark meets your functions for everything but flight time, just get like 3 or 4 batteries and a car charger. Endless flying all day. Only upgrade if you are looking for more functionality the spark doesn't offer.
2018-1-11
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

SOUNDWAVE439 Posted at 2018-1-11 14:25
Is buying a drone for recreational purposes not worth it? One could donate his/her money to the areas affected by hurricane Irma and such. Any opinions? And in today's world we rely on technology for giving us the ability to pass time whilst enjoying ourselves. In the old days however helping a neighbor out or exploring a place is a way to go.

That's an individual choice and honestly I don't know why someone can't do both.

I don't hesitate to help my neighbors as well as do volunteer work for charities. I have also found exploring a place with my Mavic is very enjoyable.
2018-1-11
Use props
GoldenSun
First Officer
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

Brian88 Posted at 2018-1-11 15:45
Multiple batteries. Way cheaper than a new drone. If the Spark meets your functions for everything but flight time, just get like 3 or 4 batteries and a car charger. Endless flying all day. Only upgrade if you are looking for more functionality the spark doesn't offer.

It's a way, but longer flight time also means that you will be able to fly further, not only longer. The question is, of course, what the author is looking for.
2018-1-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You'll get roughly double the flight time off of one battery with the MPP compared to the Spark. If you need 3 batteries then the combo is worth it. If 2 will do then consider other, cheaper options.
The platinum is quieter and has about an extra 3 minutes flight time per battery over the original Mavic.
The orignal Mavic is still an excellent drone and a definate upgrade over the Spark. There are also great deals out there which make it much cheaper than the Platinum.
2018-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules