P3P survived crash from 90m.....but why did the drone crash?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jörgen Brouwer
New

Sweden

Having a 3P3 and also filming in the winter here (Sweden).
Yesterday I wanted to fly over the low clouds (fog) to film the sun in the mountains.
Temperature was around -15, never a problem with these temperatures, only shorter flyingtime.

But at an alt. of 70 meters I got the warning of an overheated engine and the aircraft will decelerate.
At 113m a strange error: Battery overcurrent during discharge....

I started to descent the aircraft, but at 90 meters I lost controll en saw the P3P ´falling´down and turning around fast. Only 1 of the rotors was working.
Luckely we do have a lot of snow now and the aircraft ´choose´to crash in the soft snow...
Descending speed from 1 to almost 11 m/s just before the crash...
After the crash the working rotor was still working and I couldn´t turn off the battery, needed to pull it out first.

Today:
After I let the P3P dry and used another battery, I started the aircraft, and surprisingly it is still flying and filming...

But the main question is: what happened with the P3P.....frozen fog on rotors? (need to de-ice ;) ) or a terrible bad battery?

Jörgen/Sweden

IMG_0879.jpg
IMG_0880.jpg
2018-1-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Jörgen, I'm sorry to hear the crash. According to your description, the temperature is so low which will affect the battery performance. Please land the drone as soon as possible when the message appears. I'd suggest to check the aircraft performance when the weather gets warmer.
2018-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules