Program path repeated (video and photos)
891 3 2018-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7dc2e463
New
Flight distance : 52815 ft
United States

My wife and I are about to start building a new home.  I would like to use the drone to document progress.  I would like to have a preset program to take a point of interest video (from the same height, camera angle, etc.) and also take photos from similar programed spots (say 12 photos in the 360 point of interest circle).  

Is there a way to program this path into the DJI app (or any other app) so that it is repeated the same every time?

Thanks
2018-1-11
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

I have done that exact thing for 2-home builds for friends of mine. I use Litchi, just because it is easier for me to make changes, etc. on my computer. The mission is stored in the cloud and you can re-run the mission as many times as you want. At the end I edit all my footage and put it together and it is a time-lapse video from beginning to end. Very cool in my opinion. I think Litchi is way ahead of DGI go app for the waypoint missions anyway, and the ability to save you flight. You can do waypoint missions in the GO app, but you use to have to fly to the point you want to go, then record, and fly to next point. It may be better now, but for sure check out the Litchi app. I really like it for things like this.
2018-1-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I'll recommend the GS Pro. More details, please visit here: https://www.dji.com/ground-stati ... te_search#downloads
2018-1-11
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I support Ricardo's recommendation for Litchi. The Mission Hub on Litchi's website makes it a snap to design your mission which can be saved and then later downloaded to your craft via the Litchi app at will. I appreciate that DJI are always obliged to suggest GS Pro, but it has a looooong way to go in terms of setting up the specific actions and flight characterictics which Litchi currently allows. But of course, GS Pro is free and Litchi isn't. But sanity check - how much did your P4P cost you, compared to the cost of the Litchi software which will make designing and running an automated mission a breeze?
2018-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules