Lost Drone Due Disconnection - PLS HELP !
2158 9 2018-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc95a4fd1
New
Flight distance : 17352 ft
Costa Rica

Im gonna copypaste email and replys about the situation.

I'm gonna explain you in detail exactly what happened, but I have to say after running several mappings and using Drone Deploy in several cases, that Im Deeply sad, confused on what happened and very disappointed with the Drone and Drone deploy.

On Monday, January 8th, we out for the mapping mission. as always, first a make a test flight with dji app, to check area, wind, etc.
everything runs smoothly and we had perfect weather conditions.

Landed the drone, closed the dji app, opened the DD app, made sure it had all the checks prior deploying, drone took of normally, it did not have more than 200 meters away when it lost signal completely and it never came back!

So I would like to know what happened to the RTH feature ???  

Been looking for it, already 3 days and nothing, checked briefly on the logs, went exactly to gps location and nothing.

Can you guys assure me the drone stayed at the last locations, is there anyway for you guys to check if it went down on altitude when the battery was draining.

Attached to this email you can find the flight logs

I do really hope some assistance to this unfortunate situation.

Regards

Arturo O

---

We understand you're in a very difficult position and we will do our best to help you. I'll start by explaining our findings after reviewing your flight log.

To give you a bit of understanding on how DroneDeploy’s software works, we merely send a series of waypoints to the drone, and then tell the drone to follow these waypoints. After you hit the takeoff button, we hand complete control over to the DJI autopilot to follow the waypoints we sent it. From this point on, we are in a read-only mode and only display the telemetry data from the drone. The best course of action I can recommend is for you to contact DJI Support. It sounds like a hardware malfunction from your description, but they can make the determination on what caused the crash if the flight logs are available.

We did notice that the wind direction adversely affected your drone upon take-off. The wind direction was a southwesterly 52 degrees, which is directly opposite the direction of your drone. From our analysis, your drone lost connection to the RC shortly after take-off. When a drone loses connection and there's a breeze, the drone's natural tendency is to self-stabilize. This results in the drone flying towards the wind and deviating from its path set in DroneDeploy. Since the drone and RC lost connection, the RTH function did not work unless you had your drone set to return to home as a failsafe in the DJI app.

We can confirm that the drone landed with 87% battery left and the last known location was recorded at 10.315901,-84.804785. I hope this information is helpful for you, but I do recommend contacting DJI to see if they have any other information they can provide. Please let me know if I can help with anything otherwise.

Please need to get in touch with any DJI rep asap !!!

2018-1-11
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am very sorry to tell you that DJI is going to tell you they don't support third party apps.  Sorry for your loss.
2018-1-11
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good luck with DJI...maybe they'll offer a 30% off coupon. The 3rd party app isn't going to help your case with DJI.
2018-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Dji’s position on these matters are clear , if using third party apps is the direct cause of your drone malfunctioning then warranty is void.
So I’m not sure this is the case here, so it’s probably best to contact dji and wait their decision.
Incidentally what did you have RTH set to do?
2018-1-11
Use props
mstrauss7140
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62129 ft
United States

This is the reason I will only use the DJI app even though it has issues at times.
2018-1-11
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

if you post yr logs we can have a look
2018-1-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sir, sorry for the unexpected experience you encounter. When did you buy your drone? If your drone is under warranty, please provide the flight records to our engineers and I would recommend you contact our support to start a case: http://www.dji.com/support. If you have any doubt in your case, please provide us the case number.
2018-1-11
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Did you update DD to last version? There were several bugs in earlier version. I used it and the app crash and had several lost connections or it doesn't flew her mission.
2018-1-12
Use props
crafchyk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 272195 ft
United States

That's bunch of bull. I've read thru multiple threads on people loosing their drones (including my self)  It seem no matter what your case is DJI will not admit that there were any issues with your
drone/software/flight record.  I lost my drone 150' away from me by losing connection (RTH was set in the app and initiated at take off)  DJI did not find any thing wrong and offered me 30% off on new aircraft.
Pretty much its take it or leave it. I guess there are just too many cases where drones went MIA and they cant afford to admit their fault. But they are sorry and they stand 30% behind their product.
2018-3-27
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

I’m Sorry for your loss.  If anything
Check this baby out for 139.00

https://www.facebook.com/192994691461153/videos/1844455408922678/
2018-3-27
Use props
Advanced