DJI Go 4 GPS Map at African Equator
486 5 2018-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_sYWJfpR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8698 ft
United States

A few weeks ago the GPS map on my android tablet changed to displaying the African continent at the equator.
As usual I looked all over the net for answers and tried several to no avail. I finally ran across a post that suggested signing out of DJI Go and then signing back in. Wow..it worked. I had the original GPS map of my location..for a couple weeks. Now it has gone back to Africa and will not change no matter how many times I sign out and back in. And yes I know I don't need it to fly, but it does help, it's part of the systems features and should be addressed.

Anyone with another fix?
2018-1-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sir, may I know which mobile device do you use? After reinstalling the APP, make sure it has been connected with the local internet to see the exact status.  
2018-1-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Do you have GPS turned on in your location services and are you outdoors where the tablet can get GPS signal?
2018-1-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Labroides Posted at 2018-1-11 21:05
Do you have GPS turned on in your location services and are you outdoors where the tablet can get GPS signal?

Absolutely, the position at the African equator just happens to coincide with a GPS position of 0.00N, 0.00E. This means your tablet is not returning a valid GPS location.
2018-1-11
Use props
djiuser_sYWJfpR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8698 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 2018-1-11 21:05
Do you have GPS turned on in your location services and are you outdoors where the tablet can get GPS signal?

GPS/location are always on, and have never had an issue getting very strong signal strength.
2018-1-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_sYWJfpR Posted at 2018-1-23 13:51
GPS/location are always on, and have never had an issue getting very strong signal strength.

Get an app called GPS Status and confirm that the tablet is actually getting a GPS signal.
The symptoms you describe indicate that it isn't.
2018-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules