long wait between taking AEB shots
1097 5 2018-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mart
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I been having a really annoying issue with my P4 when taking AEB photos, whether it's 3 or 5 shots. As I take subsequent brackets of shots I see the rotating shutter button on the screen continue to rotate and I'm locked out of taking a shot while it does so, this time period seems to increase with each subsequent "bracket". I haven't timed these periods yet, but they are of the order of a minute, give or take, so I'm only able to take a handful of shots during a flight and it made me look very unprofessional when I had a client with me a few weeks back and we are all stood there staring and staring at the screen and waiting. I have 2 Samsumg Note 3's and a Lenova Tab and this issue is present despite which device I use.

I did try a factory reset and update to the latest firmware and still the issue is there. I have reformatted the card (64gb Sandisk extreme)

Anybody have any insights as to what might solve this issue?

Cheers

Mart

2018-1-11
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's primarily down to the time taken to save the images to the SD card on the aircraft. I just did a test shot saving one set of 5 bracketed images. Firstly I timed Raw+JPEG which saved in about 20 seconds, then Raw which saved in about 12 seconds, then JPEG in about 8 seconds. That's saving to a 32GB Sandisk ultra SD.

Remember this is a far from professional camera. It would certainly be quicker taking non bracketed shots.
2018-1-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Are you shooting dng?
You'd find things are much quicker if you shoot jpg
2018-1-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Mart, I'll recommend to shoot JPEG file if you need to save the time. Change the Image Format in Camera Settings and try again.
2018-1-11
Use props
Mart
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks, I'll try turning off the RAW option, which will be a shame since I'm using bracketing in order to get better dynamic range. I'll order a new card as well, see if that helps.
2018-1-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Mart Posted at 2018-1-12 00:55
Thanks, I'll try turning off the RAW option, which will be a shame since I'm using bracketing in order to get better dynamic range. I'll order a new card as well, see if that helps.

A 64gb micro sd card is great.

Gives you plenty of memory space to experiment with your still pics and video camera settings...

RedHotPoker
2018-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules