Assistant 2 Weirdness - Windows 10
755 6 2018-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HyLenz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1848182 ft
United States

The new FW update went without problems, as usual for me...
But i've had an issue with DJI Assistant 2. I am running Windows 10, pretty much standard hardware/software. It seems Assistant will only run/open if it the first time it's been run. That is, tonight i DL a fresh copy of Ass2 to get the new fw updated. The program started and i successfully updated fw. i closed the program wait a few minutes and open it back up, but this time it doesn't start. No process running (that i can id). Reboot doesn't fix it. I have to uninstall the app completely then reinstall to get Ass2 to run again. This has happenned for the past couple versions, first noticed maybe late last summer. I have had to reinstall the app for the last few fw updates.

Curios if anyone else has seen this. I'm at a loss at this point. I will try it on a different PC. Should have done that already...
2018-1-11
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

No, I don't have this problem. I usually close Assistant 2 after updating the RC and reopen it again to update the Mavic. Have not had the issue you describe.
I also remove the usb cable each time so I wonder if you are leaving the usb cable attached between updating the RC and then the Mavic.
2018-1-11
Use props
HyLenz
Second Officer
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-1-11 21:27
No, I don't have this problem. I usually close Assistant 2 after updating the RC and reopen it again to update the Mavic. Have not had the issue you describe.
I also remove the usb cable each time so I wonder if you are leaving the usb cable attached between updating the RC and then the Mavic.

I was able to update fw on both AC and RC, but i did not come out of the app in between. I powered down the RC, then moved the USB cable the the AC and updated without issue. It's only when I close and try open the app a second time, then every time there after.  Judging by the lack of replies, it looks like I'm the only one. It's gotta be something with my Windows build. I will try today on a different PC.
Thanks
2018-1-12
Use props
Sim-Y
lvl.4
Flight distance : 75502 ft
United Kingdom

At least you managed to update using it, last time i tried, it downloaded the update  100% to my pc, then did nothing, just sat there saying download 100%..... would not got any further no matter how many times i tried it, i gave up and updated using dji go ...
2018-1-13
Use props
HyLenz
Second Officer
United States

Definitely my PC. Worked fine on 2 other test PC's. Now the chore is to find where the compatibility problem is... :>|
2018-1-13
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

HyLenz Posted at 2018-1-13 05:14
Definitely my PC. Worked fine on 2 other test PC's. Now the chore is to find where the compatibility problem is... :>|

I don't envy you with that task...could be anything from drivers "clashing" with each other to Malware/virus protection
2018-1-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

HyLenz Posted at 2018-1-13 05:14
Definitely my PC. Worked fine on 2 other test PC's. Now the chore is to find where the compatibility problem is... :>|

Glad you locate the problem. Please keep us updated, if you find a new problem.
2018-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules