DJI Go App vs IOS Ver. 11.2.2
1773 6 2018-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Maker10
lvl.1
Flight distance : 364642 ft
United States

To all those who are having problems with the DJI Go App using the latest version of IOS 11.2.2, read on.  I was having huge issues and I wanted to share with people what I found out.  I was able to figure out the problem I was having, and hopefully this read will give you some answers as well.  This might be a little long, but bear with me.  
AIRCRAFT:

Inspire 1 Pro & Mavic Pro Platinum

MOBILE DEVICE:

Apple iPad Mini

Two years ago I got the Inspire 1 Pro.  I dedicated an iPad Mini to it, and it wouldn't be used for anything else but for the Inspire 1 Pro.  It was working fine up until the first part of Dec (2017) when I got the Mavic Pro.  I planned on using the same iPad Mini as my "Drone" device for both the Inspire and Mavic, but of course the Mavic used the DJI GO4 App.  During set up of the Mavic, I can't remember if I had to immediately update any firmware, but after the second day of flying it, the app (DJI Go4) would crash over and over.  So I read up on it and found out it wouldn't work with the IOS ver I had (it was something like 10.8.??).  Once I updated my iPad Mini to the new IOS version 11.2.1 it worked fine.  The Mavic was great, and it has exceeded my expectations.  There was another update to IOS ver 11.2.2 somewhere along the lines, but  shortly after, the real problems started with my Inspire 1 Pro.

A couple of nights ago I wanted to check something on the Inspire (it had been about a month since turning it on with the new IOS ver).  When everything was set up and running, I was puzzled as to what was happening.  I basically lost control over the app. It had zero'd out several pre-sets.  And if I changed anything, the app would cancel it out within about five seconds.  Here is a list of problems, not all of them, but most:

Camera out of focus - couldn't adjust
Could not switch between photo and video option
Could not select certain camera settings
Other setting couldn't be adjusted
Couldn't select the frequency from auto to custom
Presets like RTH was set at "0" and if changed the app would cancel it back to "0"
Preset for battery to discharge was set at 1 day rather then 10
Device name was blank and if I changed it it would prompt a "Fail" message
If I customized the buttons C1 or C2 the function selected wouldn't work.
Even though I had GPS signal and the green to fly, I'm glad I didn't because who knows what would have happen.

So here's what I did.  I deleted the GO app from the iPad Mini and re-installed it.  Afterwards still the same problems.  I then tried my iPhone 6 with the Go app.  Still the same problems.  Today, I got out an older iPad I had (1st Gen) that had IOS ver 9.3.5.  I installed the GO app, and guess what?  I got full control back.  Needless to say, it was the newest version of IOS causing the problems.  I contacted DJI online and was told they are working on the problem with Apple.  Not sure when they will have a fix for IOS 11.2.2, but it can't come soon enough.   DJI if you're listening, you need to go back to the drawing board on this one.  I'm sure I'm not the the only one here having the same problems.  Thanks for listening and good luck!

FLy saFE
2018-1-11
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I've had pretty much the same issues with iOS 11.2.2 as well as prior 11.x versions too.  I get the occasional GO 4 Disconnect, and things like version info is blank, settings change and will not save, etc.  I've posted screen shots here of the randomness.  Often if I unplug and replug the USB it will often work for a while.

Apple really messed their iOS up with 11 imho, and if you go find other apps that also use the USB and cable, they have the same issues with connections (e.g. CarPlay for one.)
2018-1-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Maker, we are so sorry to read about your experience with our APP, and yes, we are working on the issue with Apple, iOS DJI GO  V3.1.24 will be released in stages, please update at your earliest convenience, appreciate your patience.
2018-1-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2018-1-11 19:39
I've had pretty much the same issues with iOS 11.2.2 as well as prior 11.x versions too.  I get the occasional GO 4 Disconnect, and things like version info is blank, settings change and will not save, etc.  I've posted screen shots here of the randomness.  Often if I unplug and replug the USB it will often work for a while.

Apple really messed their iOS up with 11 imho, and if you go find other apps that also use the USB and cable, they have the same issues with connections (e.g. CarPlay for one.)

Sir, we do apologize for the trouble caused, may I know your current APP version?
2018-1-12
Use props
Maker10
lvl.1
Flight distance : 364642 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-12 00:47
Sir, we do apologize for the trouble caused, may I know your current APP version?

Current App Ver is 3.1.23
2018-1-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Maker10 Posted at 2018-1-14 11:38

That's right, we are working on improving the stability of our APP, please wait patiently for the next APP release, thank you.
2018-1-15
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Maker10 Posted at 2018-1-14 11:38

Now you'll find 3.1.24 ...
2018-1-15
Use props