Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Drone Wedding Photography Tips
12Next >
23081 64 2018-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Grace
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Drone Wedding Photography Tips

With the rising popularity of aerial photography, more and more soon-to-be newlyweds are considering capturing their big day’s moments via drones. The advantages of using drones for wedding photography are numerous as drones offer a truly unique perspective on weddings that traditional photography just can’t deliver. It can also save you an arm and a leg, as you won’t have any need for an eye-wateringly expensive helicopter or a professional camera crew to capture stunning aerial shots. Also, it leaves you much more space to be creative with wedding shots.

Source: SkyPixel Photographer: Yarosla Shuraev
Furthermore, most DJI drones, for example the Mavic Pro or Phantom 4 Pro, can shoot in RAW format which retains more details than JPEGs and makes your photos more appealing. Last but not least, drones add unexpected entertainment to the wedding. The wedding photo below is an example of how drones offer a unique interactive experience for guests.

Source: SkyPixel Photographer: Johann Pidoux
Are you interested in using your drone for wedding photography?  These simple tips will help you be prepared and successfully capture cinematic aerial wedding shots.

1. Check Rules and Ask for Permission
It’s worth your time researching specific drone laws and regulations in venue’s area. For instance, drones are banned from flying near sensitive locations such as national parks, military bases and power plants. If the wedding venue happens to be in a restricted zone, you’ll have to cancel flight. So plan ahead by checking the law. Here you can read more about drone laws and regulations. Also, some wedding venues might not allow drones for privacy reasons, especially when there are private properties around. Be aware of privacy concerns and make sure to ask for permission.

2. Find Venues That Suit Drone Photography
Ideal locations for drone wedding photography are open outdoor areas such as parks, countrysides, churchyards, and islands. They are not only drone-friendly but also appear as a great background for breathtaking wedding photos.

Source: SkyPixel Photographer: Kyriacos Choraides

As a wedding photographer, Helene told DJI that she likes how the couple is surrounded by nature, for “it’s the time when you feel they are alone, just the two of them.” You can feel the charm of aerial wedding photography from the video below, in which Helene teamed up with a Phantom pilot in Tahiti.

3. Preflight Preparation
It takes time to set up aerial shots. You not only need to balance your aerial shooting goals within the constraints of a busy wedding day but also need to have enough knowledge about the location prior to the shoot. It’s a good idea to check the map of the location to look for possible flight paths and identify your shoot goals. Additionally, reviewing your preflight checklist and taking precautions to avoid flyaways are essential for a successful flight. You may also want to buy extra batteries so that you can have a longer flight time to explore creative options.

4. Try Different Angles & Camera Settings
Fly at different altitudes to look for best shots. Take advantage of the surroundings, see it as a canvas and position your subject in it creatively. You can flip the perspective by asking your subjects to lay on the ground and strike a pose. For example, this drone wedding shot below perfectly captured the ocean in motion by increasing the shutter speed and thus made this bride a unique wave dress.

Source: SkyPixel Photographer: Sungjoo Son
What about the wedding guests? The good thing about drones is that it can fly up high and include everyone in the frame. We mentioned in the beginning that you can invite all the guests to make shapes for aerial shots. If the scenery is good, why not take a high-angle shot during the ceremony and make the moment unforgettable for everyone?

Source: SkyPixel Photographer: Mohamed Muha

Also, don’t forget to try different angles besides high-angles. You can shoot from below off of a cliff face, like in the picture below.

Source: SkyPixel Photographer: Kyriacos Choraides
Additionally, you need to mind tricky lighting situations. Familiarize yourself with how to adjust your camera settings and use different photo modes, so that your creations will come out the way you want.
Ready to jump on the growing trend of drone wedding photos?  Don’t forget to share your spectacular wedding shots with us here!

The content origins from :BUYINGGUIDES

2018-1-11
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Flight distance : 3428747 ft
Spain

Good post thanks 4 share
2018-1-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Great post!
2018-1-12
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

they look so sweet, don't they?
2018-1-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Top post! My only regret from my wedding is that we had no drone shots but it was a while ago now!
2018-1-12
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

For all of the restrictions that DJI has imposed upon us you are promoting flying over people. Flying over people is not allowed.
2018-1-12
Use props
JamesWhenman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 426375 ft
United States

Nice idea , however my drone makes a lot of noise and wind at low altitudes.
2018-1-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Grace Posted at 2018-1-12 01:22

Super sweet.
Very nice pictures btw.
2018-1-12
Use props
Harry Pottar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13163 ft
United States

great post
2018-1-12
Use props
GoldenSun
Captain
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

Stunning pictures and nice tips! Great!
2018-1-13
Use props
Sweety
New

Norway

So sweet!
2018-1-13
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Awesome ideas for pics!! tks
2018-1-13
Use props
necromancer
New
Flight distance : 1089 ft
Malaysia

nice post!!
2018-1-13
Use props
MavicSnoopy
New
United States

Cool shots!  In response to the #6 comment,  these shots would be great too at angles so no one is being flown over.  
2018-1-14
Use props
PGM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 57146 ft
United States

Wonderful Drone photography, Great idea's on shots. Great Job
2018-1-14
Use props
ropate
First Officer
Flight distance : 856847 ft
Australia

awesome thanks, will be filming a wedding in Sept.  Very useful!
2018-1-14
Use props
fans63e26de8
New
Netherlands

Hi
I dont see any pictures ?
2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

fans63e26de8 Posted at 2018-1-15 03:26
Hi
I dont see any pictures ?

There are so many wonderful pics here! Could you change your browser and try it again?
2018-1-15
Use props
KindaichiShota
lvl.1

Bangladesh

Fantastic tips with mind blowing photos.
I will love to get more tips like this from you...
Keep up the good work.
2018-1-17
Use props
djiuser_LIBToxx
New

Hong Kong

nice..

2018-1-17
Use props
ToniW
New

United States

Thanks for tips!
2018-1-19
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

You are welcome!  Hope that it would help.
2018-1-21
Use props
maggies
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for the tips, it's so beautiful. Now I want an aerial shot on my wedding day. You have beautiful creation, I love it.
2018-1-23
Use props
Lena Drone Serv
New
Flight distance : 16821 ft
United States

Nice great article
2018-1-24
Use props
pritchiedotcom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 125738 ft
United Kingdom

thanks for sharing
2018-1-28
Use props
fans9176bb93
New
United States

Awesome information!  I was breaking into weddings, although outside, the guests said the drone was quiet, but too loud for a wedding.  The couple still wanted the droning to continue.
2018-1-30
Use props
aprilrussell
New

Vietnam

My friend just got a drone to take pictures and it is so fun to see things from that different angle. He loved taking pictures of the ocean and the coastline. I like your tip and I’ll have to suggest that to him. Thanks for sharing these great tips!
juegos friv gratis, free run 3
2018-1-31
Use props
cdobis47
lvl.1
United States

GREAT post!
Thanks for the tips and allowing us to see your talent in these shots.
I was a still camera wedding photographer for many years. I know the difficulties that can arise during a wedding shoot.
Aerial photography is another new frontier that I think all of us drone owners are wanting to get better at. Thanks for the great post and keep up the good work.
Regards!
2018-2-1
Use props
xiaoqing
New

Taiwan

Thanks for sharing
Interested can visit my website

2018-3-3
Use props
The Bash's
Second Officer

United States

Great post and awesome reference pictures but, I think one of your tips should include a thought about the noise.  Drones are fantastic, they are however, far from quiet.  Even my smaller quieter Spark can still be heard at 100 ft in the air.  Just one more thing to consider before taking flight during the actual ceremony.  
2018-3-8
Use props
WilliamRoy
lvl.1

India

Amazing photographs..!!!
2018-3-21
Use props
RjMllr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17913 ft
Philippines

Saving this for future reference
2018-3-21
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

RjMllr Posted at 2018-3-21 14:05
Saving this for future reference

keep it!
2018-3-21
Use props
nJo-nJo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 51355 ft
Bulgaria

Too good shots!
2018-4-7
Use props
Viktor Fallenheart
lvl.1

United States

Magic photos! I love the sea, this is my dream - visiting ceremony on the beach) but our photographer with https://taraweddings.ca dissuaded us. He says that now the season of storms and photos won't be like I saw here.
2018-4-12
Use props
Chack
lvl.1

United States

Looks great!
2018-6-6
Use props
Paul Suthard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116634 ft
United States

If they only knew what was coming....lol
2018-7-2
Use props
dronto
Captain
Singapore

Thank you Grace, very nice article
2018-7-14
Use props
Skeeter Honey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1032569 ft
United States

Excellent post.  I have it bookmarked.
2019-1-15
Use props
mattvictor
New

India

The wedding is the most memorable moments in our life, Everone wants to make something special on this day so we need a proper plan to execute our wedding ceremony special. I wish to book a beach venue for my wedding because my fiance has the desire to have venue either sea sight or hill station and get some special wedding party favors ideas some recommendation already got from here https://www.bestpricefavors.com/product-category/wedding-favors-decorations-supplies/cheap-wedding-favors-ideas/, I have reviewed this & looks very impressive ideas on the wedding.
2019-4-11
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules