Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimble yaw centering in softwaresimilar to roll ajdustment
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dorbot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 844770 ft
France

Does anyone else think it would be a good idea to have a gimble yaw centering option in in DJI GO4 rather than the excruciating twist it beyond its limits "fix".
2018-1-11
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=109987

Was there, then gone without a notice anywhere.
2018-1-12
Use props
dorbot
Second Officer
France

I suspect it has been absorbed into the auto gimbal calibration procedure, but unfortunately that does not work 100%.

It makes me wonder why the Roll adjustment is still there but not the Yaw. Its completely inconsistent.
Didn't know it was an option before because I have not had this drone for that long a time.

And if the only fix is to force the gimbal past its limits on the opposite side then there is clearly some assumed static reference point which clearly isn't , making a mockery of any automatic gimbal yaw calibration.

Furthermore, I just dont like forcing delicate mechanisms and should it break then of course it will be my fault and my bill.

I think there is a desperate need for manual software yaw adjustment for many of us and am kind of perplexed as to why it was removed in the first place!

2018-1-12
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dorbot Posted at 2018-1-12 05:35
I suspect it has been absorbed into the auto gimbal calibration procedure, but unfortunately that does not work 100%.

It makes me wonder why the Roll adjustment is still there but not the Yaw. Its completely inconsistent.

Check it again, in DJI Go 4 do you see 'yaw' greyed out to the right of roll ? Tap on that for yaw adjustment if you do.

I have yaw adjustment on latest DJI Go 4 iOS & Android working to my P4 on 02.00.0600 Beta.
2018-1-13
Use props
dorbot
Second Officer
France

Aaaah brilliant!
Thank you very much.
User error again!
Roll and Yaw.jpg
2018-1-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

dorbot Posted at 2018-1-13 19:37
Aaaah brilliant!
Thank you very much.
User error again!

Glad you solve this problem. Please contact us if your have new problem. Enjoy your drone.
2018-1-13
Use props
Geekslayer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 182385 ft
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-13 22:44
Glad you solve this problem. Please contact us if your have new problem. Enjoy your drone.

hmmmm, I don't have that option
2018-1-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Geekslayer Posted at 2018-1-17 13:54
hmmmm, I don't have that option

Sir, please tell me the firmware of your drone and the version of your app. Thanks for your support.
2018-1-21
Use props
Geekslayer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 182385 ft
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-21 02:37
Sir, please tell me the firmware of your drone and the version of your app. Thanks for your support.

I updated the firmware and now I have that option, problem solved.
2018-1-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Geekslayer Posted at 2018-1-22 04:09
I updated the firmware and now I have that option, problem solved.

Glad you solve it. Have fun!
2018-1-26
Use props
Chris QA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 225938 ft
United States

Dji Elektra could i also have access to this update for yaw corrections.  Thank you
2018-2-8
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Chris QA Posted at 2018-2-8 11:04
Dji Elektra could i also have access to this update for yaw corrections.  Thank you

The update is referring to the latest aircraft firmware and DJI Go 4 version (anything from V4.1.20 onwards if I remember correctly), which should be available to all.
2018-2-8
Use props
FarmerJoe
lvl.1
United States

I have updated the App to 4.2.6 and the Drone to 01.05.0300 and the Yaw adjustment has no effect.  Gimbal calibration also does not solve the centering issue with the new Yaw motor.  Its hard for be to believe the firmware/software is calibrated to the random  magnetics of each motor as several videos have suggested.  DJI, there has to be a solution for this, please help.
2018-2-18
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FarmerJoe Posted at 2018-2-18 22:16
I have updated the App to 4.2.6 and the Drone to 01.05.0300 and the Yaw adjustment has no effect.  Gimbal calibration also does not solve the centering issue with the new Yaw motor.  Its hard for be to believe the firmware/software is calibrated to the random  magnetics of each motor as several videos have suggested.  DJI, there has to be a solution for this, please help.

" Gimbal calibration also does not solve the centering issue with the new Yaw motor"

Have you just replaced the motor ?
2018-2-20
Use props
FarmerJoe
lvl.1
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-2-20 06:29
" Gimbal calibration also does not solve the centering issue with the new Yaw motor"

Have you just replaced the motor ?

Yes, only the motor was replace (new motor). Don't know the difference between "new" vs "old" motor.  The gimbal points to the right or if manually moved will hold all the way to the left.  New software has the gimbal yaw adjustment but it doesn't do anything.  Calibration doesn't solve the problem.  If the drone is moved during calibration I can get it to center but calibration will fail.
2018-2-20
Use props
fans6cc339a9
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3931503 ft
United States

Any resolution found? I am having same issue
2018-4-15
Use props
sedeco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8060653 ft
  • >>>
Egypt

any app can do this
2018-7-5
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>

The best answer I could give is have a look at posts 4 & 5 above, those are a brief explanation of how to adjust gimbal yaw & roll using DJI Go 4. But the aircraft firmware also needs to be up to date.
2018-7-5
Use props
sedeco
lvl.4
  • >>>
Egypt

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-5 06:33
The best answer I could give is have a look at posts 4 & 5 above, those are a brief explanation of how to adjust gimbal yaw & roll using DJI Go 4. But the aircraft firmware also needs to be up to date.

hi  i don't see  the yaw adj in app   the p4 with last update   what ver for app  can see yaw adj
thansk
2018-7-6
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>

sedeco Posted at 2018-7-6 00:16
hi  i don't see  the yaw adj in app   the p4 with last update   what ver for app  can see yaw adj
thansk

Have you tried it with the aircraft, display device and RC (radio control) all powered up and connected ?
There are some functions in DJI Go 4 that do not work if aircraft is not switched on.

My P4 is using firmware 02.00.0700

My RC is using firmware V1.9.3

And DJI Go 4 is at V4.2.22

2018-7-6
Use props
sedeco
lvl.4
  • >>>
Egypt

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-6 00:32
Have you tried it with the aircraft, display device and RC (radio control) all powered up and connected ?
There are some functions in DJI Go 4 that do not work if aircraft is not switched on.

hello  i have the same   but why no see yaw adj  i only see  roll adj and auto adj  only  l
2018-7-6
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>

sedeco Posted at 2018-7-6 04:46
hello  i have the same   but why no see yaw adj  i only see  roll adj and auto adj  only  [view_image]l

Which aircraft is this, the P4 does not have autofocus as seen on your post number 21 ?
2018-7-6
Use props
sedeco
lvl.4
  • >>>
Egypt

Aardvark Posted at 2018-7-6 05:06
Which aircraft is this, the P4 does not have autofocus as seen on your post number 21 ?

i have p4  and p4p  have same problem and this only picture to see  as i see in my app
2018-7-7
Use props
sedeco
lvl.4
  • >>>
Egypt

hi  i got it now  in app  but after adj yaw   and don  after restart the drone  the  yaw return to left  again   and i try calibration  after adj yaw  the calibration  finshed okay   but again after  restart drone  
the same yaw in left  
2018-7-7
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>

sedeco Posted at 2018-7-7 21:55
hi  i got it now  in app  but after adj yaw   and don  after restart the drone  the  yaw return to left  again   and i try calibration  after adj yaw  the calibration  finshed okay   but again after  restart drone  
the same yaw in left

Have a look at this other thread, doing a gimbal calibration with Phantom sitting on back motors seems to have fixed the yaw problem for a good number of people:-

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=154551
2018-7-9
Use props
sedeco
lvl.4
  • >>>
Egypt

thanks Aardvark    but i heat this problem  and why dji no  need add adj center in app or in dji assistant  software like dji ronin   or after adj yaw  add set in app to saved this  
thanks for all
2018-7-10
Use props
djiuser_ECOyhSMsxSPJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44357 ft
New Zealand

FarmerJoe Posted at 2018-2-20 10:16
Yes, only the motor was replace (new motor). Don't know the difference between "new" vs "old" motor.  The gimbal points to the right or if manually moved will hold all the way to the left.  New software has the gimbal yaw adjustment but it doesn't do anything.  Calibration doesn't solve the problem.  If the drone is moved during calibration I can get it to center but calibration will fail.

Did you find a way to calibrate your new yaw motor?
I'm going through the same problem.
2019-6-3
Use props
djiuser_ECOyhSMsxSPJ
lvl.1
New Zealand

Yes, only the motor was replace (new motor). Don't know the difference between "new" vs "old" motor.  The gimbal points to the right or if manually moved will hold all the way to the left.  New software has the gimbal yaw adjustment but it doesn't do anything.  Calibration doesn't solve the problem.  If the drone is moved during calibration I can get it to center but calibration will fail.

2019-6-3
Use props
djiuser_ECOyhSMsxSPJ
lvl.1
New Zealand

2019-6-3
Use props
djiuser_ECOyhSMsxSPJ
lvl.1
New Zealand

2019-6-3
Use props
sedeco
lvl.4
  • >>>
Egypt

djiuser_ECOyhSMsxSPJ Posted at 6-3 02:18

hi  no tools  to adj center yaw motor after replace  this tools only in dealer service dji office
2019-8-25
Use props
Edugonzalezo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 491089 ft
  • >>>
Colombia

What you should do is replace only the motor winding, not the bell (the upper metal part with the inner ring magnet) because there is the motor magnetization.
2020-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules