Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Poor Yaw Rate
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sdeardorff1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1175272 ft
United States

I just got the Inspire 2 this week. I have been flying the Inspire 1 for about 2 and a half years now. I'm sorry to say that while the Inspire 2 is a much faster aircraft, it is not nearly as maneuverable as the Inspire 1. The weak link is its yaw rate. I'd say its barely half that of the Inspire 1. Even in sport mode it is severely lacking. Anyone have any suggestions?

2018-1-11
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi

Yes this can be increased from the default settings.
Go to advanced settings / Sensitivity  Attitude: from 50% to 100%
I have put some screen shots showing some of my other settings for you to look at too
This should help you
Rich

IMG_9520.jpg IMG_9521.jpg IMG_9522.jpg
2018-1-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sdeardor, please refer to Rich's suggestion to adjust the gain in Settings to see if the issue persists, thank you.
2018-1-12
Use props
sdeardorff1
lvl.3
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-1-11 21:35
Hi

Yes this can be increased from the default settings.

Thank you for your reply. I'm eager to test. Question though. Is this a screen shot from an Inspire 2 interface or are you showing me settings from a different craft. The only reason I ask is because my gain values go up to 130%, where as yours look like they only go to 120%. Second question, increasing the gain increases the movement correct? Again thank you. SD
2018-1-12
Use props
sdeardorff1
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-12 00:30
Sdeardor, please refer to Rich's suggestion to adjust the gain in Settings to see if the issue persists, thank you.

Hello Mindy, I have an unrelated question. My FPV camera on my Inspire 2  is rolling with the aircraft. It seems to only compensate for the aircraft's pitch. Now I'm aware that the FPV camera has a roll limit. But I was under the impression that it would remain level until it reaches that limit. But it seems to just be rolling with the aircraft. Any tips?
2018-1-12
Use props
zhangqing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5959009 ft
  • >>>
China

you can restore the default settings.
2018-1-12
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

sdeardorff1 Posted at 2018-1-12 19:56
Thank you for your reply. I'm eager to test. Question though. Is this a screen shot from an Inspire 2 interface or are you showing me settings from a different craft. The only reason I ask is because my gain values go up to 130%, where as yours look like they only go to 120%. Second question, increasing the gain increases the movement correct? Again thank you. SD

Hi
1) Yes, these are screen shots with my Inspire 2 connected to my iPhone 8 Plus. You are seeing the latest version of the App on my aircraft using my Cendence remote.  
2) Yes, if an you increase the gain values it will give some more movement in that axis. I find that 100% is enough for me. Keep in mind that if you have higher gains, it will more difficult to make you videos smooth.

Rich
2018-1-13
Use props
sdeardorff1
lvl.3
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-1-13 11:57
Hi
1) Yes, these are screen shots with my Inspire 2 connected to my iPhone 8 Plus. You are seeing the latest version of the App on my aircraft using my Cendence remote.  
2) Yes, if an you increase the gain values it will give some more movement in that axis. I find that 100% is enough for me. Keep in mind that if you have higher gains, it will more difficult to make you videos smooth.

I'm jealous. I want the Cendence so bad but its not cheap. But the settings did the trick. I can wrap my Inspire 2 around a telephone pole its that maneuverable now. One more question though, does your FPV camera roll with the aircraft or does it stay level up to the 30 degree mark?
2018-1-13
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

sdeardorff1 Posted at 2018-1-13 20:18
I'm jealous. I want the Cendence so bad but its not cheap. But the settings did the trick. I can wrap my Inspire 2 around a telephone pole its that maneuverable now. One more question though, does your FPV camera roll with the aircraft or does it stay level up to the 30 degree mark?

I am pleased you were able to get this sorted out.

The Cendence is very nice and definitely a professional step up for the single operator.  It is worth the upgrade when you can afford it. The standard remote is just fine and has a good feel to it.
To answer you about the FPV camera, it will give you a sense of flight movement while it is trained forward.  Obviously, it is a 2 axis set up and will not keep all the roll and pitch away from the image.  But to be honest, I do not use this camera completely and more or less just glance at it.

All the best
Rich
2018-1-13
Use props
sdeardorff1
lvl.3
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-1-13 22:30
I am pleased you were able to get this sorted out.

The Cendence is very nice and definitely a professional step up for the single operator.  It is worth the upgrade when you can afford it. The standard remote is just fine and has a good feel to it.

I see. Well I'm putting the Cendence at the top of this list of must-haves. But while I have you on the thread I would like to ask one more question. I've been having trouble increasing the descent rate of the aircraft. According to the videos I've seen it is practically able to free fall. The setting goes up to 20mph. but regardless of that setting or flight mode I'm in it'll max out at just over 9mph. Thoughts?
2018-1-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

sdeardorff1 Posted at 2018-1-12 20:02
Hello Mindy, I have an unrelated question. My FPV camera on my Inspire 2  is rolling with the aircraft. It seems to only compensate for the aircraft's pitch. Now I'm aware that the FPV camera has a roll limit. But I was under the impression that it would remain level until it reaches that limit. But it seems to just be rolling with the aircraft. Any tips?

FPV allows you to control the aircraft from a first-person perspective, you can press the C2 button and camera settings dial on the left of the remote controller to control the pitch axis of the gimbal. The roll axis of the gimbal cannot be controlled.
2018-1-16
Use props
sdeardorff1
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-16 02:19
FPV allows you to control the aircraft from a first-person perspective, you can press the C2 button and camera settings dial on the left of the remote controller to control the pitch axis of the gimbal. The roll axis of the gimbal cannot be controlled.

Then why have the roll gimbal on the fpv camera. I it was suppose to stay level to the ground until the aircraft rolled past 30 degrees. I know you're not suppose to be able to manually control the roll of the fpv camera like you can the pitch. But is there a setting that will make it function more like the main camera gimbal does, by compensating for both pitch and roll?
2018-1-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

sdeardorff1 Posted at 2018-1-17 23:55
Then why have the roll gimbal on the fpv camera. I it was suppose to stay level to the ground until the aircraft rolled past 30 degrees. I know you're not suppose to be able to manually control the roll of the fpv camera like you can the pitch. But is there a setting that will make it function more like the main camera gimbal does, by compensating for both pitch and roll?

Thanks for your clarification, it is supposed to be level when the aircraft stays in the ground, may I have a picture of your FPV camera?
2018-1-19
Use props
RobAlbania
Second Officer
Albania

sdeardorff1 Posted at 2018-1-14 21:50
I see. Well I'm putting the Cendence at the top of this list of must-haves. But while I have you on the thread I would like to ask one more question. I've been having trouble increasing the descent rate of the aircraft. According to the videos I've seen it is practically able to free fall. The setting goes up to 20mph. but regardless of that setting or flight mode I'm in it'll max out at just over 9mph. Thoughts?

The I2 limits the speed of 100% vertical descents to prevent the drone entering into its own downwash air, possibly causing a crash.

Try this:

Instead of doing a 100% vertical descent, try a 45 degree descent while still in fast forward flight, gradually "pull back" on the forward stick while reducing height at a fast rate, and aim to apply reverse axis stick just before the drone comes in to land.  This is called a "flared landing".  On collective pitch r/c helicopters you can do it using negative pitch after the engine has been shut down, it causes autorotation like a gyrocopter.  You won't be able to autorotate the props on the I2 because they are fixed pitch.
2018-2-6
Use props
sdeardorff1
lvl.3
United States

RobAlbania Posted at 2018-2-6 06:52
The I2 limits the speed of 100% vertical descents to prevent the drone entering into its own downwash air, possibly causing a crash.

Try this:

I figured that out on my own. The technical term is Vortex Ring State. All you need is a little lateral movement and the thing rockets down like a bat out of hell. Thank you for the reply though.
2018-2-6
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

sdeardorff1 Posted at 2018-1-14 21:50
I see. Well I'm putting the Cendence at the top of this list of must-haves. But while I have you on the thread I would like to ask one more question. I've been having trouble increasing the descent rate of the aircraft. According to the videos I've seen it is practically able to free fall. The setting goes up to 20mph. but regardless of that setting or flight mode I'm in it'll max out at just over 9mph. Thoughts?

I am sorry for the late response!!  I didn't see this until now.

First of all, I think the Cendence is a great thing to have on your list of must haves.... IMO this is a super nice remote.. period.

Okay, you can set the descent speed in Advance settings  see my screen shot to help you find the setting location

REMEMBER, if you change the rate faster than 8.9MPH  the avoidance sensors will not be active

All the best
Rich
IMG_9606.PNG
2018-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules