Spark video signal lost during sport mode, never RTH!
6429 68 2018-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Howdy2u2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gavriel Posted at 2018-1-13 08:44
I know, i am going to wait and see what DJI says because they gave me 72 hours to purchase care refresh after i sent them a video to buy it (cuz i was already 48 hours late).

at least they confirmed the video showed them the drone was in eligable working order.

OK, just making sure you didn't end up wasting money thinking they would replace your drone even if it was lost. In case they decided user error or whatever.
2018-1-13
Use props
Gavriel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 37680 ft
France

Howdy2u2 Posted at 2018-1-13 10:49
OK, just making sure you didn't end up wasting money thinking they would replace your drone even if it was lost. In case they decided user error or whatever.

understood and agreed that its not worth paying for care refresh if it slinked to a serial number of a drone that does not exist any longer,  makes no sense at all although DJI may transfer it, i  got this drone during the holidays and had no chance to fly it due to rain rain rain., its like Seatle here.

It is kind of peculiar that DJI would offer me to buy care refresh 3 ays after i sent them a second video and then only give me 72 hours to buy it after i informed them about this incident.
2018-1-13
Use props
Howdy2u2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1886 ft
  • >>>
United States

I feel your pain as far as flight time available. I purchased mine on the 29th of December and flew today for 7 minutes until the 8*F weather froze my hands off...........went up, got a wind warning came down a little bit and called it a flight LOL It's been in the negatives and 20-35mph gusts........
2018-1-13
Use props
Gavriel
lvl.3
France

rimza Posted at 2018-1-12 06:51
Does not seems to show any fault. You AC though in sports mode at the end seems to be hovering??

it was hovering after a pano shoot, although i switched to sports mode i did not do anything else, not even moved it, just a switch and then lost both video feed and connection between the RC and Drone.
2018-1-13
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Japan

Gavriel Posted at 2018-1-13 08:33
i did RTH but it does not show anything happening, if the RC lost contact the drone normally goes to RTH automatically....but i have no idea what took place, the best way to verify this is by DJI looking at the actual logs on my dji go app.

Actually even if the RTH was initiated by SPARK , the timing on your switch to SPORTS mode is crucial. I think you switched to SPORTS mode while the RTH was already initiated by SPARK . When you do the SPORTS switch, the SPARK will stop RTH and hoover at that spot awaiting your command again.

So you have to RTH again after doing the SPORTS switch .
2018-1-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Gavriel, I'm sorry to read your post. If the drone is till in the warranty period, I'd suggest to contact  our support to report the accident: https://www.dji.com/support Please kindly offer your case number once you got it, we'd like to follow up.
2018-1-13
Use props
Gavriel
lvl.3
France

S.J Posted at 2018-1-13 22:20
Actually even if the RTH was initiated by SPARK , the timing on your switch to SPORTS mode is crucial. I think you switched to SPORTS mode while the RTH was already initiated by SPARK . When you do the SPORTS switch, the SPARK will stop RTH and hoover at that spot awaiting your command again.

So you have to RTH again after doing the SPORTS switch .

Why would RTH be initiated by spark at 16mins of battery life and zero secs of loosing signal?
i guess you meant if it lost signal and was initiated, but even then sports mode should of worked and i should of been able to fly to my next destination.
Maybe i was not clear, but i shot a pano after cruising to my spot, secs after i finished i switched to sports mode to fly my way and lost video signal immediately hearing alerts from my remote that i never heard before.

Now a few people suggested its the same alert indicating the battery is nearly dead and it will force land itself but i dont know, i asked people here to verify this but i guess no one actually has a spark? lol
2018-1-14
Use props
Gavriel
lvl.3
France

kRx md Posted at 2018-1-13 09:02
I hope this case gets a positive outcome. I just bought my 3rd battery today and feeling a bit more anxious pouring in money in more accessories.

sorry i missed your post, funny you mention accessories, i had just ordered a few hundred euros myself and planned to buy the portable battery pack.
2018-1-14
Use props
Gavriel
lvl.3
France

well, i got an email from DJI, either they did not read my email or they are pretending i am responsible for the malfunction or issue caused by their own software and hardware.
So far it looks VERY UN PROFESSIONAL to me if they ignore this.

Name(Support)
16 Jan, 02:17 CST

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We understand that you're having an error with the remote control signal loss, But rest assured that you have the right person to help you out.

The possible causes to this issue are listed below:
1)        The remote controller’s signal has been interrupted.
2)        The distance between the aircraft and remote controller is too far.
3)        The remote controller firmware has not been upgraded to the latest version.
The status indicator on the remote controller of the aircraft is green and the remote controller’s signal is lost.

In order for us to troubleshoot the issue that you are currently facing.
1.Check whether the remote controller firmware is compatible with the aircraft firmware.
2. Could you please try to log out and log in on your account in DJI GO APP.
3. Try to uninstall and reinstall the APP.
4. Once done, reinstall the APP. Please re-link your remote controller with your aircraft. For a video tutorial, please check this link.
DJI Spark - Linking the Remote Controller       

5. Make sure that the beginners is disabled and set the max flight distance and altitude on the DJI APP.
6. Please fly your aircraft on a different location to check. It might be your current location that causes signal interference that results to distance limitation.

Note :
If image transmission signal is lost when the aircraft flies within 100 meters away, send the aircraft and remote controller back for repair.
If the image transmission signal is lost when the aircraft flies away more than 100 meters:
1)        Check the position of the antennas for the remote controller. Distance should be greater than height during flight. Instruct customers to make sure the remote controller’s antennas are positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft.
2)        Use a mobile device with a strong performance. Running the DJI GO app may cause high CPU utilization and make the mobile device emit heats, which will affect decoding of the app. With a mobile device with strong performance and encoding, the image transmission will be more stable.
Ensure that there is optimal signal transmission between the aircraft and remote controller. Adjust the position of the antennas on the remote controller for optimal signal transmission as shown below:

If ever the issue persist, please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Thank you for choosing DJI and have a nice day!

Best Regards,

2018-1-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Gavriel Posted at 2018-1-15 13:13
well, i got an email from DJI, either they did not read my email or they are pretending i am responsible for the malfunction or issue caused by their own software and hardware.
So far it looks VERY UN PROFESSIONAL to me if they ignore this.

Hey Gavreil, that’s funny obliviously got you mixed up there, think you might be better trying to contact a moderator here with your case number they should be able to help.
Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
2018-1-15
Use props
Gavriel
lvl.3
France

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-15 13:24
Hey Gavreil, that’s funny obliviously got you mixed up there, think you might be better trying to contact a moderator here with your case number they should be able to help.

who?

thanks
2018-1-15
Use props
Gavriel
lvl.3
France

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-15 13:24

who?

thanks
2018-1-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Well you could PM dji Susan or dji Diana, just track them down on a thread on the forum click on their PM , Explain your difficulty include your case number and ask them if they can follow it up for you.
2018-1-15
Use props
Gavriel
lvl.3
France

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-15 13:40
Well you could PM dji Susan or dji Diana, just track them down on a thread on the forum click on their PM , Explain your difficulty include your case number and ask them if they can follow it up for you.

i sent a message to Susan, i am already frustrated  because the store i have been visiting to discuss obtaining an inspire 2 fo the amusement parc says they honestly believe DJI should replace this unit as the issue has NOTHING to do with a pilot error,

They advised sync/back up all the flight logs as well as back them up on my macbook in case but not to un install and re install the app as the email from DJI suggested because everything was up to date
2018-1-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Gavriel Posted at 2018-1-15 13:48
i sent a message to Susan, i am already frustrated  because the store i have been visiting to discuss obtaining an inspire 2 fo the amusement parc says they honestly believe DJI should replace this unit as the issue has NOTHING to do with a pilot error,

They advised sync/back up all the flight logs as well as back them up on my macbook in case but not to un install and re install the app as the email from DJI suggested because everything was up to date

That’s all good advice, I sometimes fly inspire 2 it is the best dji craft but a lot of extra setting up and hauling around, but boy when it’s in the air it’s a sight and feeling to behold.
2018-1-15
Use props
Gavriel
lvl.3
France

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-15 14:35
That’s all good advice, I sometimes fly inspire 2 it is the best dji craft but a lot of extra setting up and hauling around, but boy when it’s in the air it’s a sight and feeling to behold.

i showed the store where i purchased the spark from DJI's email and they think DJI is taking the chance of fooling me into believing that its a pilot error, that the aircraft has no RTH home safety feature if flying it more then 100 meters away when its advertised to automatically go into TRH mode during signal loss with remote or battery life.

The store clerk insists its dishonest and a deliberate prank to test me as DJI is responsible not only for any technical errors malfunction of  their products but the danger the product poses as well if for example the aircraft hurt someone or damager their property, imagine a fly away into cars during traffic or people at a beach when the pilot was at a decent distance for their safety.

What do you think?
2018-1-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Gavriel Posted at 2018-1-16 00:04
i showed the store where i purchased the spark from DJI's email and they think DJI is taking the chance of fooling me into believing that its a pilot error, that the aircraft has no RTH home safety feature if flying it more then 100 meters away when its advertised to automatically go into TRH mode during signal loss with remote or battery life.

The store clerk insists its dishonest and a deliberate prank to test me as DJI is responsible not only for any technical errors malfunction of  their products but the danger the product poses as well if for example the aircraft hurt someone or damager their property, imagine a fly away into cars during traffic or people at a beach when the pilot was at a decent distance for their safety.

I’m not to sure about the conspiracy theory, I think a mistake has been made , first this should be acknowledged, your case should be escalated and a decision should be made ASAP,

The only thing worries me here is , I have seen other cases like this where Aircraft suddenly just stops, flight log finishes abruptly, and it’s impossible to tell what the outcome was.
In these cases I have seen dji just tell Customer that because of lack of information in the flight log, they cannot find any pilot error, but equally they cannot find any malfunction, so end result has been to offer 30% discount towards new spark.
Hopefully this won’t be their findings, we shall wait and see.
2018-1-16
Use props
Gavriel
lvl.3
France

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-16 03:58
I’m not to sure about the conspiracy theory, I think a mistake has been made , first this should be acknowledged, your case should be escalated and a decision should be made ASAP,

I aint buying another Spark, Mavic or Inspire if this is the case, i heard nothing from the moderator here so far and i am ready to call them and an attorney if i have to so they better be ready for me
2018-1-16
Use props
kRx md
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158914 ft
Philippines

If DJI doesn't improve its support / aftersales service, I'm pretty sure this Spark is my last purchase from them. Hopefully I don't suffer any of these malfunction, flyaways, etc... If DJI were to keep ignoring me like in this case, I'm headed off filing a complaint/case with the Department of Trade & Industry.
2018-1-16
Use props
kRx md
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158914 ft
Philippines

Remember the money you gave them to purchase this product is Not defective, therefore they should not give you a defective product.
2018-1-16
Use props
Gavriel
lvl.3
France

kRx md Posted at 2018-1-16 07:44
Remember the money you gave them to purchase this product is Not defective, therefore they should not give you a defective product.

sure

common sense
2018-1-16
Use props
Gavriel
lvl.3
France

kRx md Posted at 2018-1-16 07:44

Dear Customer,

Thanks for your patience.

For your claimed case ############, we have already finished the analysis, and the result is as follows:
1. The aircraft was piloted under GPS mode, and responded to the pilot's control well; T=00:03, the aircraft recorded the Home Point: 48.4748211 -4.5286977;
2. T=06:28, H=165 m, D=84 m, Battery 62%, the aircraft was switched to Sport mode and the pilot pulled down the throttle stick fully, then the flight record ended. The last recorded coordinate: 48.4744183 -4.5277434.

With the record ended without any sign of abnormality, we could not verify what happened afterwards.

We truly appreciate your support for DJI. If you could not recover the product and consider to purchase another aircraft, we can try to especially apply for a 30% off coupon for Spark(Alpine White) without remote:
http://store.dji.com/product/spark

If you would like to accept the offer, please reply to my email for example “I accept the offer”.

And may I know when you place the order, do you want to ship the aircraft to France?

Should you have more questions, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

WTF???
2018-1-21
Use props
Gavriel
lvl.3
France

same email again, no pilot error, clear evidence DJI and some here refused to identify the signal from remote indicated a glitch in the firmware causing the issues which involves a combination of no video feed, no RTH and the drone going into autopilot mode which is what the signal is but DJI is pretending they do not know why the aircraft did not RTH when a user mentions no vieo signal and claim they cant see more in the flight logs while knowing the autopilot issue disrupts the flight record from continuing.

Spark seems to have a GoPro Karma Syndrome., a none user end issue.

DJI refuses to replace the drone..sadly i have to seek a legal remedy now.

The last DJI email:
Dear Customer,
Thanks for getting back to us.
We really want to figure out why the aircraft didn’t return to home and the cause of the incident. Because if it’s pilot error, we want to give advice to the customers and also if it’s not, we want to improve our products.  (but if you cant then how the hell did you get an agreement with the public safety authorities in all these countries, if a car manufacture cant get away with cars going off the road because of a faulty electric part causing it to do so how is DJI getting away with such an answer?
However for this case, the cause was not recorded. (of course not, but the remote said it all, the alert and the fact that it lost total communication is proof it should of RTH, if not its a MALFUNCTION that is a public concern.
The aircraft showed no signs of a manufacturing defect or malfunction. (what about the remote since flight records where disrupted?, this may fool acustomer but not the authorities, please be mnidfull)
Since we did not find any conclusive information to explain the detail of the incident, a 30% discount was offered.

We are sorry about the frustrating experience you have had. We assure you we do not deliver this result lightly. We carefully examined your case, and are confident the data assessment is accurate.
If we could help to get higher discount, there is no reason why I don’t do that for you. For this case, 30% off for Spark(Alpine White) is already the best offer for you based on the analysis result while obeying the warranty policy.  
We have offered you the 30% discount, as a sincere gesture of our apology. You are not obligated to re-order the lost product, but if you choose to do so, we are here to help.
Please consider if you need the 30% off coupon offer and get back to us in a month if you need it. Thanks.
Again, we apologize for your loss.

Please take responsibility for products you sold that malfunction, if you do not know why RTH did not work then do not sell this product until you do., i want a full refund or functional replacement.
2018-1-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Gavriel Posted at 2018-1-24 04:33
same email again, no pilot error, clear evidence DJI and some here refused to identify the signal from remote indicated a glitch in the firmware causing the issues which involves a combination of no video feed, no RTH and the drone going into autopilot mode which is what the signal is but DJI is pretending they do not know why the aircraft did not RTH when a user mentions no vieo signal and claim they cant see more in the flight logs while knowing the autopilot issue disrupts the flight record from continuing.

Gavriel, I'm sorry for the late response as the PM does not work well. I've checked your case and our engineers indeed do not find any issue from the flight records you offered. The designated team have contacted you, please refer their suggestion and send the RC in asap, thanks!
2018-2-7
Use props
realdeal
lvl.3
France

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-7 04:35
Gavriel, I'm sorry for the late response as the PM does not work well. I've checked your case and our engineers indeed do not find any issue from the flight records you offered. The designated team have contacted you, please refer their suggestion and send the RC in asap, thanks!

well iam going to sue DJI because it is the manufactures responsibility to find an issue if their product malfunction, my emails show that DJI has not provided an etiquette explanation to why the RTH did not work or admitted it was a POWER FAILURE  as the remote indicated by the alert, in fact  i asked what the alert meant 16 times and they REFUSE to reply but only suggest to send it in to charge me for something..

I think its safe to you guy guys have a racket gong on with after sales, you cant guaranty if your drones are stable, blame the customer when they are not then cyber bully anyone even mentioning class action or criticism about your after sales racket, i warn you its the achilies heal to the end of public safety concrns as france already is trying to psh for a ban on commercial drones because of public safety concerns., not that they fly long distance or crah but that the manufactures dont know why because to admit why means they are reponisble for repalcing them.

i like innovative products but the line gets crossed when corruption, racketing and un fair practice becomes way too obvious as many users are angry about how much more goes into after sales with this company., my case was very unfair,i worked for help desk in the past and know how Apple handled situations such as bad batches or cover ups of faulty blue tooth connectors, they gave the managers bonuses to cover up things but products that ended up been iscotinued or recalled but the way they had staff cyber bullying people in forums and social media to bury any issues concering profits was sick.
2018-2-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

realdeal Posted at 2018-2-8 11:03
well iam going to sue DJI because it is the manufactures responsibility to find an issue if their product malfunction, my emails show that DJI has not provided an etiquette explanation to why the RTH did not work or admitted it was a POWER FAILURE  as the remote indicated by the alert, in fact  i asked what the alert meant 16 times and they REFUSE to reply but only suggest to send it in to charge me for something..

I think its safe to you guy guys have a racket gong on with after sales, you cant guaranty if your drones are stable, blame the customer when they are not then cyber bully anyone even mentioning class action or criticism about your after sales racket, i warn you its the achilies heal to the end of public safety concrns as france already is trying to psh for a ban on commercial drones because of public safety concerns., not that they fly long distance or crah but that the manufactures dont know why because to admit why means they are reponisble for repalcing them.

Sorry for the late response due to the holiday. I've checked your case, the package has been shipped and delivered on 15 Feb. Have you received it? Come back to us if there is any further question.
2018-2-23
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>
United States

Howdy2u2 Posted at 2018-1-13 03:04
Care refresh does not cover a lost drone. Save your money......and see if they cover your Spark under warranty.

DJI Care does cover lost drones in certain circumstances.
Saw this topic covered in a Youtube vid.
He got his replaced without a drone to turn in.
2018-2-23
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

Gavriel Posted at 2018-1-12 11:55
you did not notice the ice on the roofs?
was chilly

Chilly?

I see your chilly and raise you one!  ;-)

Cheers....

Todd in Chilly Chicago
2018-2-23
Use props
realdeal
lvl.3
France

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-23 03:38
Sorry for the late response due to the holiday. I've checked your case, the package has been shipped and delivered on 15 Feb. Have you received it? Come back to us if there is any further question.

sorry for my late response,

i went through a horrible experience with all this,  i was not expecting anything like it , then i found out i was not alone ---> hundreds if not thousands of people are upset as they find themselves calling a sales person for help to fix an issue with your products.

The feeling we all had when this dji spark arrived was not at all what we ha anticipated after been scorned by just abut every sales trick possible to fix an issue that could of been avoided or should of at least by the how dji advertised how flight logs work..who would of thought they needed a black box and remote control logs as well  just  to prove the product had issues out of the box or if the pilot is responsible for losing a drone but why have a hassle at all over lost drones if you can a a bit more to secure this issue both for dji and the customer?

you guys want to make money all the time, add options with your care fresh program to track the air crafts with emergency gps devices, parachutes, remote control logs with remotes that have a built in sd card  option, im willing to pay more to avoid the nightmare i went through before,

yes i got the spark i also realised that i need to assure it worked before SELLING it….as i only senses it was EVIL after receiving it., then as i tested it i was amazed how far i can get video signal, how fast the sucker went from point b 450m back home  in 36 secs during final 4 minute battery warning and even allowed me to control it during landing.

but im still confused about the RTH position option, if i hit the little man the aircraft should return where the remote is, well.... it sort of does it...

iam started to think that  the previous spark lost video connection, no gps, no rth and possibly hovered over the lake until the battery ran low....and maybe if i switched to the remote rth in the app it would of regained a signal to rth...then again the app and iphone would NOT connect...cant change the past but if i can confirm something that is that the spark i got now is amazing...i did not check to see if the remote returned was the same yet but once i ran a test flight i was very happy to see it s rock solid like the mavic pros i ha tested previously.

The main attraction for the spark in a amusement park is the palm landing, i had a few people so impressed at the idea i would rth an then actually land and take off from your hand, well, get the guards on because the wind tilted the spark yesterday and the props almost chopped my finger off, literally!, very strong pros too.

anyway, im keeping it and looking at some solution for the amusement park area of 300m x 250m this summer.
2018-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules