DJI OSMO MOBILE 2 - DIFFERENCES?
7302 6 2018-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ImaneFadir
lvl.3

Morocco

Hi,

I want to know all differences between the Dji Osmo Mobile & Osmo Mobile 2.

Thank you!
2018-1-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It’s better and it’s cheaper.
2018-1-12
Use props
ducatiti
lvl.1

United States

4hr  vs 15hr Battery
magnesium alloy vs all nylon (plastic)
mobile 2 does not have the trigger/function
2018-1-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, please find the main difference as below:
1) Gimbal and Handle:
The Osmo Mobile's gimbal is made of magnesium alloy while that of the Osmo Mobile 2 is plastic. The material of the Osmo mobile handle is plastic as well.
The Osmo Mobile 2 is locked with a spring and a Holder Lock Knob and the gimbal can be rotated vertically by 90 degrees and the mobile phone can be placed vertically. However, the Osmo Mobile is locked with a Holder Lock Knob only.
The position of the control buttons on the handle is changed. The System Status LED is on the upper right of the handle. The zoom dial is on the left of the Osmo Mobile 2 while the charging Micro USB port on the right. The USB power port is at the back of the Osmo Mobile 2 and the power button, shutter button, and record button are at the front of the Osmo Mobile 2. Press and hold the power button to turn the Osmo Mobile 2 on or off.
When the Osmo Mobile 2 is turned on, press the Trigger once to enable Lock Mode. Quickly tap the Trigger twice to center the mobile phone. Tap it three times to switch between your phone's front and rear cameras.
The limit buckles of the Osmo Mobile 2 motors are mounted outside of the axes.
A screw hole is added to the bottom of the Osmo Mobile 2 handle.

2) Battery: The battery is built into the Osmo Mobile 2.

3) The compatible mobile phone: for the Osmo Mobile 2 does not support Iphone SE/5S size phone.
2018-1-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-13 23:52
Hi there, please find the main difference as below:
1) Gimbal and Handle:
The Osmo Mobile's gimbal is made of magnesium alloy while that of the Osmo Mobile 2 is plastic. The material of the Osmo mobile handle is plastic as well.

Thanks for the last tip. I was not expecting that
2018-1-14
Use props
HKJunkie
lvl.1

United States

Is the Mobile v 1 discontinued - seems to no longer be in stock.  Shame, because its the version I'd prefer as the lack of trigger and janky spring loaded mount system, nor non-replacable battery are features I'd like to see.  The missing mount on the side is another issue - makes putting on a tripod too tall for my task.
2018-2-12
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69455 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-12 13:28
It’s better and it’s cheaper.

Do not mistake new for better.

The Osmo Mobile 2 can shoot in portrait mode (if you really want to, though I honestly don’t see a reason to other than panoramas and selfies).

It has a handy tripod mount in the base.

It’s slightly lighter and stores more compact.

It has a (theoretically) very nice battery.

It can recharge your phone

Those are the only advantages that I see over the Osmo Mobile.

On the other hand, it has some MAJOR disadvantages:

It’s now plastic instead of metal

That battery is non removeable, so once it’s empty it’s empty, you can’t change it, you have to stop what your doing and recharge for 2 hours.  If you do not have access to power (say you are hiking, camping, traveling in a remote area, or something like that), your out of luck, you now have a paper weight.  The Osmo Mobile batteries don’t last as long but you can carry as many as you need.  Also, if that battery goes bad, you have no way to replace it, your device is now trashed, not so with the Osmo Mobile.

The rosette mount has been eliminated so you cannot use ANY of the Osmo Accessories, save for the base, tripod, and vehicle mount if your feeling daring.  Need to mount a light or external microphone?  You can’t.  Use the bike mount?  Nope.  Body mount?  No.  Extension rod (selfie stick)?  Not that either.  Nothing.  Just the base and tripod.

The trigger has been eliminated and replaced with an awkward button (which used to be the shutter button).

The buttons have all been remapped.  The shutter is now the trigger, the power switch is now a digital zoom control and has been moved to the other side, and the record button is now the record button AND the shutter button AND the power button.

The ergonomics suck, by most accounts.

It is a knockoff of the Smooth Q, which is itself a (bad) knockoff of the Osmo Mobile.
2018-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules