C100 mk2 on Ronin M?
24680 11 2015-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
angelis
New

United Kingdom

We are interested in the Ronin-M but need to know if the C100 mk2 will work with it.

Thanks

2015-4-22
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

look at here http://www.dji.com/product/ronin-m/faq:)
2015-4-24
Use props
joeshmoe
New
United States

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-4-24 18:07
look at here http://www.dji.com/product/ronin-m/faq

Hi Cathy,

The FAQ really doesn't tell us anything that answers this question.. For instance your FAQ says maximum load weight 8lbs and my c100 with a 70-200 is less than 8lbs. So am I to assume this is possible?

According to Canon the c100 is 2.2lbs with no grip or top handle, I think its safe to assume that most popular L lenses for gimbal use weigh in at less than 2lbs, so this would mean the c100+18-35 is completely within the Ronin-M's spec, no?  
2015-4-28
Use props
DJI-Darryl
lvl.2

United States

joeshmoe Posted at 2015-4-29 04:51
Hi Cathy,

The FAQ really doesn't tell us anything that answers this question.. For instance your ...

Hi Joe, Weight shouldn't be an issue, but size of the c100 may be,
Also you want to use a wide lens on these gimbals, not a telephoto like the 70-200
not only for the type of shooting but for tilt, the longer the lens the more chances you
wont be able to tilt down very far before hitting the lens on the ronin, But you can limit tilt or pan in the app settings if this is what you want.

Here are the Camera Tray Dimensions for the DJI Ronin M
Maximum depth at center of mass on camera base plate: 120mm
Maximum height measured from top of camera base plate: 195mm
Maximum width: 160mm

If the c100 exceeds these demensions you may have a problem gettting perfect balance on the DJI Ronin M.
2015-4-28
Use props
joeshmoe
New
United States

Thanks Darryl!

Looks like the c100 without its sidegrip should fit fine in the Ronin-M.

For those in the states that also have no clue as to what the mm dimensions are, here is the converted figures:

DJI Ronin-M Tray dimensions
7.67 inches tall
4.7 inches deep
6.3 inches wide
2015-4-29
Use props
beng
lvl.1

Canada

Hi, I joined this forum with exactlythe same question.
I'm happy to accept that the C100 mk II will fall well into the weight margins, but I'm slightly confused
by the issue of depth.
The C100 Mk II's dimensions are ( without side grip ), W x H x D = 5.3 x 6.7 x 5.1 inches
so doesn't this exceed the " Maximum depth at center of mass on camera base plate: 120mm / 4.7 inch "
The M looks like an amazing stabilization solution for the compact C100,it would be frustrating to have to find another $1000 if I wanted to stay with DJI.
2015-4-29
Use props
jimmy
New

United States

I sent a few emails and got different responses. I think we will have to wait an see someone actually try it. This was the last email I got from DJI PR.
Hi Jimmy,

Good to hear from you. Our understanding is that the C100 Mark II is not compatible with the Ronin-M. We suggest going with the Ronin instead.

Kind regards,
Michael

I bought a Ronin for my C100 Mark ii. I figured if I ever need a follow focus, Matte Box... The larger one will be more versitle. I am new to using it and the weight is pretty tough on me. ha ha
2015-4-30
Use props
beng
lvl.1

Canada

Thanks Jimmy, I think you're right.
I'm still tempted by the M - great price point and weight.
It might get bought for my 5D and tested on my C100
If anybody hears anything to support our hopes, please post back here.
2015-4-30
Use props
beng
lvl.1

Canada

Sounds more promising.

Also they had a stripped RED epic mounted at NAB, so I think its safe to assume the C100 will be fine
2015-5-1
Use props
Cathal
lvl.1
United Kingdom

beng Posted at 2015-5-2 07:46
Sounds more promising.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v= ... l=Camera&LensReview
Also they had a stri ...

From what i've read the C100 MKI should be fine but not the MKII as the newly redesigned EVF sticks out far too much at the back of the camera meaning mounting to a Ronin M is not possible..  I read these comments from another user that had some first hand experience with the Ronin M.
2015-5-3
Use props
justin.bregar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19035 ft
  • >>>
United States

The C100 Mark II doesn't even fit well on the full size Ronin because of the EVF. It hits the rear crossbar.

There's no way you'd get full motion on the Ronin M.
2015-5-19
Use props
beng
lvl.1

Canada

CineMilled have announced an after market solution for the C100 MK II today on facebook and twitter - now if only they sort outthe android app.
https://www.facebook.com/cinemil ... ?type=1&theater
2015-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules