1330 26 2018-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jackswan
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi
First post here.
Intending to purchase a Mavic Pro fly more package but been put off slightly at the moment by the price increases in the UK.

Tihis package was recently being sold at £1098 by major retailers, then this week it seems to have increased by over £260 to £1359 everywhere.

Is there a reason for this, such as shortage of stock?

Julian

2018-1-12
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds like price gouging.
2018-1-12
Use props
Malakai_UK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You just missed out on a bargain at Jessops, they had a big sale on the mavic. I picked up the Mavic Pro Flymore kit, an additional battery (four total), 32gb Sandisk Extreme 100MB/s card and £18 photobook for free for £1168 delivered next day with 0% finance over 18 months. Normal price would have been about £1460!!

I noticed the flymore kit has gone back up to £1359 now.. Bummer!!
2018-1-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

London Camera Exchange are selling the MP Fly more for £1,088. Malakai is right that you missed even cheaper options due to DJI’s Xmas discount offers that ended on NYD. Still, £1,088 is better than £1,359. They are a UK based company with high street stores and an on line delivery service and are official DJI resellers too with everything from the Spark to Inspire 2 in stock.
2018-1-12
Use props
Malakai_UK
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-1-12 07:40
London Camera Exchange are selling the MP Fly more for £1,088. Malakai is right that you missed even cheaper options due to DJI’s Xmas discount offers that ended on NYD. Still, £1,088 is better than £1,359. They are a UK based company with high street stores and an on line delivery service and are official DJI resellers too with everything from the Spark to Inspire 2 in stock.

LCE are doing the flymore for £1299 at the moment. The Mavic on its own is £1088. Still a little cheaper.
2018-1-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You are right - my bad! Jeez - they are putting it up everywhere! Well, that still saves him 60 quid and if you walk into a store you can usually haggle a bit too.
2018-1-12
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You just missed out on the Christmas bargains, but worth keeping an eye open as some retailers offer deals throughout the year, the post above looks like one option.
2018-1-12
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Get it from SLR Hut. Good prices and very quick delivery. Never buy any drone from the UK stores as we get ripped right off. Hate the UK and I live here.
2018-1-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SLR Hut have excellent prices however, they are an on line service only and their offices are in New York... amazing until something goes wrong looking at the customer reviews. I personally would rather pay the extra knowing that if my drone did malfunction I won’t be left with a £1000 paper weight!
2018-1-12
Use props
Jackswan
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Was trying to delay by a couple of days and then travel to my nearest Jessops (40 miles away) this week to pick one up.  Wanted to pick it up from a reputable shop, just as a precaution for later problems, if they arose.
Will wait until prices possibly come down again. Amazon UK has a price of £1100 but a delivery time of 1-2 months
2018-1-12
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jackswan Posted at 2018-1-12 08:50
Was trying to delay by a couple of days and then travel to my nearest Jessops (40 miles away) this week to pick one up.  Wanted to pick it up from a reputable shop, just as a precaution for later problems, if they arose.
Will wait until prices possibly come down again. Amazon UK has a price of £1100 but a delivery time of 1-2 months

If you buy from John Lewis' you get a two year warranty, that's got to be worth a bit extra.
2018-1-12
Use props
Jackswan
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-12 09:14
If you buy from John Lewis' you get a two year warranty, that's got to be worth a bit extra.

Should have mentioned I was going to buy at Jessops when they had it for £1098. John Lewis is now £1359, dont know if the extra years warranty is worth that much extra
2018-1-12
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jackswan Posted at 2018-1-12 09:31
Should have mentioned I was going to buy at Jessops when they had it for £1098. John Lewis is now £1359, dont know if the extra years warranty is worth that much extra

The combo kit (with extra batteries etc) is £1359, the Mavic pro (with controller ) is £1099 see Link
2018-1-12
Use props
Jackswan
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-12 09:53
The combo kit (with extra batteries etc) is £1359, the Mavic pro (with controller ) is £1099 see Link

The fly more (combo kit) was £1098 in Jessops up until last Sunday. Can't really stretch to £1359.

Was just wondering why all the prices shot up together from all retailers
2018-1-12
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

£1269.00 for the Combo in Costco.

2018-1-12
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jackswan Posted at 2018-1-12 09:56
The fly more (combo kit) was £1098 in Jessops up until last Sunday. Can't really stretch to £1359.

Was just wondering why all the prices shot up together from all retailers

Sorry, I just realised after it was the combo kit you had in mind, keep searching though, I bought mine from BT Shop (was DABS), for £963 (Not the combo kit) back about October. So bargains do appear now and then.
2018-1-12
Use props
Jackswan
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-12 10:02
Sorry, I just realised after it was the combo kit you had in mind, keep searching though, I bought mine from BT Shop (was DABS), for £963 (Not the combo kit) back about October. So bargains do appear now and then.

Hope so
2018-1-12
Use props
EmmferMedia
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Don't forget so many products are being price affected due to the Exchange rate issues followng the Brexit vote. UK prices often seen higher in general though (especially compare to the US) for most tech / electronics
2018-1-13
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jackswan Posted at 2018-1-12 08:50
Was trying to delay by a couple of days and then travel to my nearest Jessops (40 miles away) this week to pick one up.  Wanted to pick it up from a reputable shop, just as a precaution for later problems, if they arose.

There are posts in the forum too that indicate the release of the new 'Mavic Air' being showcased on 23 January in NY. IF this is the case that may be worth waiting for as may reduce the cost of the original Mavic.
2018-1-13
Use props
driverseat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1788576 ft
Netherlands

Hi Julian, Maybe I can help. I ordered 8 month ago a Phantom 3 se via aliexpress.com. It costed me more than than € 250,- less. Ordering, payment and personal support was very good. I received the bird as agreed with Aliexpress 5 days after payment.   
2018-1-13
Use props
driverseat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1788576 ft
Netherlands

Sorry was not finished with my story so, today I've ordered a Mavic pro platinium and goggles as well. Further with a lot of extra's as f.i. lenses. I did it on the same way as the bird before via  Ali. I spend at the whole sale  more than € 400,- comparable with Dutch suppliers. So maybe a suggestion take a look at aliexpress.com and you get personal guide from them and in case of questions they will help you further. Transport is no issue sending the package to you. Only be aware that Customs will charge you for the income tax. You can ask Aliexpress to set the value of your package round about 100,- E. pound than you paid a smaller amount of VAT/Tax. I hope you will succeed to save your money. Regards Driverseat.
2018-1-13
Use props
zbigzbig20
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi. I bought my Mavic Pro in London from one guy (unwanted gift). Everything not opened, receipt for 700£ . For me very good deal. I just bought 2 extra batteries, bag and few other accesstories on argos and ebay
Regards
2018-1-13
Use props
Jackswan
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Noticed Jessops have now got the Mavic Pro Fly More kit at £999 but it is the refurb model. Does this mean they are trying to get rid of the refurbs first?
Then bring down the price of the proper kits then?
2018-1-13
Use props
Steeevo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 264882 ft
United Kingdom

I was looking for a few weeks at prices and everywhere had stock of them. now I just looked and a lot of places are out of stock and the prices have increased in the uk.
don't want to rub it in but I'm glad I got mine last week
2018-1-13
Use props
Malakai_UK
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Steeevo Posted at 2018-1-13 11:24
I was looking for a few weeks at prices and everywhere had stock of them. now I just looked and a lot of places are out of stock and the prices have increased in the uk.
don't want to rub it in but I'm glad I got mine last week

Me too, then there's an announcement that I see!! 23rd January!!!. Knowing my luck its going to be a new Mavic.
I guess I'm safe in the knowledge that it will be at least 8 months before they have stable firmware and to iron out all the bugs by using the beta testers that jump on it at launch. So it gives me time to play with my Mavic before I order a battle hardened Mavic 2 (air)
2018-1-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

An alternative is the fairly new Mavic Pro Alpine White Combo. Walk into an Apple store and they should have. Currently £1,199 and includes x3 batteries, x10 props and an aircraft sleeve + not many white Mavic’s around and a limited edition. Probably the best ‘deal’ on a brand new Mavic Pro right now.
2018-1-15
Use props
Steeevo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 264882 ft
United Kingdom

Yes, that's what I got and you don't get the stupid dji bag
2018-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules