Should I get the Osmo mobile V2
1662 6 2018-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Magog Drone Tes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16001 ft
Canada

So I have the DJI Osmo mobile V1 with two batteries and I thinking about buying the V2... Is it worthy for my to buy it?

I really like the fact that you can have it on portrait without having to twist your arm.

Also, will it have a better weight max than the V1? because sometimes with my Iphone 8+ I got difficulty to stabilise it due to his weight...

2018-1-12
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

I also use an iPhone 8+  and have not had any issues with balance.  I even use it while riding my horse at a walk and trot with very smooth videos.  Are you also using a case around the phone?  That would add extra weight.  That said, I don't know much about the V2, and with its price, you may just want to go for it.  Finally, your iPhone is a female.  Haven't you listened to Siri ?  
2018-1-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It seems like a nice v2, BUT there are some things to consider.
1. The battery is not replaceable (as far as I know)
2. The holder seems less solid than the one of the V1

Specs:
The Osmo Mobile 2 supports smartphones 58.6-84.8 mm wide and up to 8.4 mm thick. This covers most phones currently available, from the iPhone SE to the iPhone 6s Plus and Android phones of similar size. Please note that actual compatibility might be affected by accessories attached to your phone. Certain form factors including side button layout should also be considered.
2018-1-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Magog, here are the main differences between Osmo Mobile and Osmo Mobile 2, please check it and hope it will help to make your own decision.
1) Gimbal and Handle:
The Osmo Mobile's gimbal is made of magnesium alloy while that of the Osmo Mobile 2 is plastic. The material of the Osmo mobile handle is plastic as well.
The Osmo Mobile 2 is locked with a spring and a Holder Lock Knob and the gimbal can be rotated vertically by 90 degrees and the mobile phone can be placed vertically. However, the Osmo Mobile is locked with a Holder Lock Knob only.
The position of the control buttons on the handle is changed. The System Status LED is on the upper right of the handle. The zoom dial is on the left of the Osmo Mobile 2 while the charging Micro USB port on the right. The USB power port is at the back of the Osmo Mobile 2 and the power button, shutter button, and record button are at the front of the Osmo Mobile 2. Press and hold the power button to turn the Osmo Mobile 2 on or off.
When the Osmo Mobile 2 is turned on, press the M button once to enable Lock Mode. Quickly tap the M button twice to center the mobile phone. Tap it three times to switch between your phone's front and rear cameras.
The limit buckles of the Osmo Mobile 2 motors are mounted outside of the axes.
A screw hole is added to the bottom of the Osmo Mobile 2 handle.
2) Accessories: The Osmo Mobile 2's accessories cannot be used for the Osmo Mobile.
3) Battery: The battery is built into the Osmo Mobile 2.
2018-1-14
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69455 ft
United States

That depends.  It also has no rosette mount, so you can’t use your accessories, it doesn’t have the trigger, and you can’t change the batteries.  Is that worth it to you?
2018-1-17
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69455 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-14 19:47
Magog, here are the main differences between Osmo Mobile and Osmo Mobile 2, please check it and hope it will help to make your own decision.
1) Gimbal and Handle:
The Osmo Mobile's gimbal is made of magnesium alloy while that of the Osmo Mobile 2 is plastic. The material of the Osmo mobile handle is plastic as well.

What trigger?  It doesn’t have one.
2018-1-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

9245 Posted at 2018-1-17 22:23
What trigger?  It doesn’t have one.

Sorry, I mean the M button, please check the picture below. It has the similar function like Trigger button in Osmo Mobile. M.png
2018-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules