Updating DJI Mavic Pro 01/11/2018
1928 15 2018-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jcazares
lvl.2

United States

Hello all,

Sorry if i am doing this wrong, but i just bought a used DJI Mavic Pro and stayed up all last night (1/11/2018) trying to update it and had no success. I tried updating through the DJI Go 4 app on iphone 6s and through DJI assistant on my macbook air. It always seemed to error out and not update. Is there too much update traffic? Am i not waiting long enough? Please help. Thank you!
2018-1-12
Use props
Kevin_d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4219 ft
United States

I just finished updating two MPPs and their controllers. It went OK for me. I used DJI Assistant 2 on a PC. Remembering back to my first update where I had to try it three times this time it just worked. Kinda slow but worked.

At what step were you having an issue? What kind of error out indication? Swapped USB cables or checked you are following the steps closely?
2018-1-12
Use props
jcazares
lvl.2

United States

Thanks for the reply, the update would download on my iphone and macbook air, and then start updating. After a while, it would just stop and error out. Tried it like 4 times on each device. The error i received let me send a report to DJI i'm guessing. I made sure to follow every step. Do you have a link to the process you use? Maybe i can try that out tonight. Thanks!
2018-1-12
Use props
jcazares
lvl.2

United States

Crazyman sorry, new to this. I will ask in that thread. Thanks!
2018-1-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I do believe you were trying shut that reported thread down due to the amount of spamming - so why encourage others to use it... Please stop imposing on other forum members and telling them what to do in terms of how to conduct themselves. You are not a moderator and are not even a Captain!

IV: Reporting

• Please use the report function if a user is breaking forum rules. This helps us mods do our job better.
  • Do not abuse the report function. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they are breaking the rules
  • Do not comment on threads created by spambots. It only bumps the thread. Report and move on.
  • Do not attempt to act as a moderator. If someone is breaking any forum rules you need only report them. All reports are looked at and cases studied. Any attempts to impose on another users activity will be seen as harassment and is not allowed.

2018-1-13
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jcazares Posted at 2018-1-12 08:44
Thanks for the reply, the update would download on my iphone and macbook air, and then start updating. After a while, it would just stop and error out. Tried it like 4 times on each device. The error i received let me send a report to DJI i'm guessing. I made sure to follow every step. Do you have a link to the process you use? Maybe i can try that out tonight. Thanks!

Firstly, welcome jcazatres! It was probably overloaded. I successfully updated my FW to version .200 on my Mavic Pro Platinum using my iPhone7+ on IOS 11.2.2  with no issues then refreshed using the latest version of Assistant 2 on my MacBook air. If you try again it should work. I hope this helps you. Also, if you experience issues with the latest FW there is also the option to downgrade it to .100 but this may change. It is all detailed in the release notes for the FW from DJI which you can find in downloads.
2018-1-13
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Locoman Posted at 2018-1-13 02:05
You need to get a life.

Please stay on topic and do not insult me again.
II: General Forum Guidelines

• Any  speech and content posted by the users in the community (including but  not limited to text, images, audio, video) shall not violate the  relevant provisions of national laws and regulations and DJI forum  rules.
  • Commercial activities are not permitted on this forum
  • Discussion of illegal activities and intellectual property violations are not allowed.
  • Users shall not post any news which fail to comply with the laws or infringe the intellectual property rights of third parties.
  • We  will not tolerate rudeness, profanity (or attempts to bypass profanity  filters), insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory  posts.
  • Any user  who is determined by DJI Forum staff to be harmful to the forum  community (via needless negative posting) may be temporarily banned for  90 days or more.

2018-1-13
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-13 02:07
Please stay on topic and do not insult me again.

I wasn't rude, did not use any profanity, didn't make any insulting posts, was not personally attacking you. I edited that post you referenced, because I felt that first statement I made was inappropriate. Go back and read it again. And again, I apologize.
2018-1-13
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Locoman Posted at 2018-1-13 02:37
I wasn't rude, did not use any profanity, didn't make any insulting posts, was not personally attacking you. I edited that post you referenced, because I felt that first statement I made was inappropriate. Go back and read it again. And again, I apologize.

For the record, the conversation with RTC was on topic in line with what I wanted answered regarding the FW. He is not a buddy of mine as I have never had any prior dealings with him in the past or since. Thank you for the apology and removing your insult in telling me to "get a life" for merely bringing the rules of the forum to your attention.
2018-1-13
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-13 02:46
For the record, the conversation with RTC was on topic in line with what I wanted answered regarding the FW. He is not a buddy of mine as I have never had any prior dealings with him in the past or since. Thank you for the apology and removing your insult in telling me to "get a life" for merely bringing the rules of the forum to your attention.

A CW, just finished reading another 60+ posted on the "other" thread, it was both enlightening and entertaining . I see RTS is still going at it and other members are making making complaints about being off topic, where as many and wanting more information about the source code. I can now see the need for the code for you and others, even if it wouldn't do me any good.  I also apologize  for calling him your buddy. I guess that was kind of a cheap shot. I was hoping I could edit that post before you saw it, I deserved your rebuff. Hope we are good now. Jim
2018-1-13
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Locoman Posted at 2018-1-13 03:16
A CW, just finished reading another 60+ posted on the "other" thread, it was both enlightening and entertaining . I see RTS is still going at it and other members are making making complaints about being off topic, where as many and wanting more information about the source code. I can now see the need for the code for you and others, even if it wouldn't do me any good.  I also apologize  for calling him your buddy. I guess that was kind of a cheap shot. I was hoping I could edit that post before you saw it, I deserved your rebuff. Hope we are good now. Jim

I don't need the code either. As I said, I only use IOS. The code (whatever it is) is for Android... If you look at the posts RTS claimed you can downgrade FW that isn't listed in Assistant 2. I disagreed with that then it became apparent that he is a professional hacker and he seems to have a team of hackers (who also have an issue with DJI) joining him in the thread to boycott the forum which is why I ended my discussion after trying to bring it back on topic to my original points. The team are all new/level 1 'members' whose sole purpose seems to be to get to DJI - not Captains who have positively contributed to the forum over the years! It is best you do not get involved and steer clear of that thread as I am. I'm sure DJI have it in hand. Yes, we are good now. Andrew
2018-1-13
Use props
ibuyufo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819098 ft
United States

Try to update with a new cable.
2018-1-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey jcazares, I just read your replies in this post(https://forum.dji.com/thread-128940-1-1.html)
For the error 0x020106, could you leave your DJI Account here? We'd like to add you in the beta and try again.
2018-1-14
Use props
jcazares
lvl.2

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-14 01:11
Hey jcazares, I just read your replies in this post(https://forum.dji.com/thread-128940-1-1.html)
For the error 0x020106, could you leave your DJI Account here? We'd like to add you in the beta and try again.

Hello, as i mentioned of being new to this. What does leaving my account mean? I can provide you with everything you need. Thanks
2018-1-14
Use props
jcazares
lvl.2

United States

Hello all, thank you for the help. It finally let me update the drone. I got a new phone (iPhone 7plus) and it worked on the first try. I was using an iPhone 6s and had also tried assistant 2 before that and no luck. I am at peace and happy it worked. Again, thanks for your recommendations!
2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

jcazares Posted at 2018-1-14 20:04
Hello, as i mentioned of being new to this. What does leaving my account mean? I can provide you with everything you need. Thanks

There is one beta trying to fix the error code 0x020106. Please kindly your DJI Account(the email address you login DJI GO), and we'll add you in and refer the below to try again.

1.Log into your DJI account.
2.Upgrade the firmware V1.3.8.10 or V1.3.8.11. or V1.3.8.13
3.Once it's done, please press the "Record" button on RC and make sure it's recording, then start to upgrade firmware to the latest one, it will be working.
2018-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules