Has New DJI Go4 app update killed off OTG?
3765 4 2018-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ikopta5
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2204462 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just Updated Go4app to V4.1.22. Amazing update. Connection/instructions really improved..so has it killed off the OTG cable?

2018-1-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Thanks ikopta5, liking your videos keep up the good work.
2018-1-12
Use props
AlanIRL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5384 ft
Ireland

Top notch review. Few questions:
I notice the Altitude and Distance and some other stats are appearing on the iPhone App with OTG connection - I haven't used OTG but I thought in previous version of APP these details were not displaying. So is this something that has been corrected in this version of the APP or was it never a problem for you anyway. Perhaps only Android users where having that problem.
It seems from this review that the only disadvantage of the OTG is the weak image warning, or is there something else I am missing? Although I do wonder if you are using OTG and there is an incident of flyaway, whether DJI will not stand over a claim as they officially do not support OTG and don't suggest using it?

I also notice that your RC was connected to your AC by 5.8GHz, which means that the RC was connected to iPhone by 2.4GHz - did you do that on purpose or was that just the default setting. Have you tried the other way around? At 80M up the wifi signal connection from your AC to RC was getting weak, wouldn't switching to 2.4 give you a stronger signal at those distances?

Thanks for taking the time to make this vid, good info.
2018-1-13
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

Great video ikopta5, thanks!
2018-10-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft