Has anyone tried the Firehouse Cree drone lights...
3903 14 2018-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Silver Surfer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 46283 ft
Canada

I'm thinking of purchasing a Firehouse Technology "Arc" Tri-Color 3 Cree Strobe Light Drone
and was wondering if anyone has any experience with the aforementioned.

Its always good to get input from others before spending money.
2018-1-12
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450075 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got one of them (a different model though) and was disappointed.  It was bright, but came with no instructions, and no way to know when it was fully charged.    It just keeps blinking one light indefinitely, but if I unplug it after letting it charge for a while then plug it in, one light stays lit.  I guess that means it's charged.     For the price, I expected more....

LP
2018-1-12
Use props
TomHTx
lvl.3
Flight distance : 35059 ft
United States

I ordered mine several days ago, only to then discover that the owner had gone on vacation.  So, don't have mine yet.  I bought the combo package of 3 crees, with the spotlight.  Apparently the very newest crees have 4 lights on each.  Hopefully I will have mine next week.  I did look at several vids, which looked pretty good.
2018-1-12
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I went with the Strobeon white cree , normally fly with 2 on the back legs of the Mavic

The strobe on's are much smaller

http://www.flytron.com/led-light ... ree-standalone.html

For the Mavic , I use these mounts

https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/ ... ref=sr_gallery-1-23
2018-1-12
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I noticed these on the other site this morning, checked out the reviews, and just ordered them.  

https://www.firehousetechnology. ... Spark_RC_Plane.html

Will advise.  

2018-4-14
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-4-14 03:51
I noticed these on the other site this morning, checked out the reviews, and just ordered them.  

https://www.firehousetechnology.com/store/p56/%22ARC%22_II_High_Intensity_Cree_LED_Strobe_Light_for_Drones_FAA_107_Compliant_NO_WIRING_NEEDED_Fits_all_Quadcopters_DJI_Inspire_Phantom_Typhoon_H_MAVIC_Q500_Spark_RC_Plane.html

I just ordered this same one. How do you like it.
2018-4-14
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Seem great so far.  When they arrive I'll get back to you...
2018-4-14
Use props
Ottotto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 156811 ft

Those weigh in lightly, at 6.5 grams.  Command double-sided picture tape,  Still works here. Finding a good (stickable) mounting surface on the lower part of the phantom may prove challenging.  Good Luck
2018-4-15
Use props
djiuser_dlOuILVxJ3po
lvl.3
Flight distance : 97500 ft
Malta

I am planning to order the Firehouse Arc II for my Mavic 2 pro and my question is as I might order a set of 3, one white strobe for the back leg and one red strobe and another green strobe for the front legs, will the green and red front coloured Arc II strobe light affect the quality of Video and Pictures during night flight? If so will I be better off by just using the back white strobe for safety night flying?  Thanks and I appreciate your feedback.
2019-3-11
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Strobon user here.

Brilliant. Literally.
2019-3-11
Use props
Guido-Italy
First Officer
Flight distance : 477008 ft
Italy

Hi silver surfer I use Flytron a very good led lamp more or less like Firehose. Light is very impressive and during a sunny day you can see light at 200 mt. During the night is incredible. Ciao
2019-3-15
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

I have ordered and received the Firehouse Three and two of the Spotlights, put them on my MPP and they work fine.  One caution. if you can -, cover them with your thumb when you turn them off they are BRIGHT!.  
also, when you charge them they are supposed to BLINK WHILE CHARGING, but STEADY when charged.  They should have been in an envelope that has the instructions on the outside.
2019-3-15
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

Guido-Italy Posted at 3-15 05:37
Hi silver surfer I use Flytron a very good led lamp more or less like Firehose. Light is very impressive and during a sunny day you can see light at 200 mt. During the night is incredible. Ciao

Another vote for Flytron Cree strobes.

I attach mine with self adhesive Velcro to make it easy to remove for charging or moving them between various machines

Definitely do not look directly at them from close as they will hurt your eyes

2019-3-15
Use props
Guido-Italy
First Officer
Flight distance : 477008 ft
Italy

Boffin Posted at 3-15 15:02
Another vote for Flytron Cree strobes.

I attach mine with self adhesive Velcro to make it easy to remove for charging or moving them between various machines

Hi Boffin me too, Velcro up MP rear light
2019-3-16
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

Thanks for mentioning these lights, although I am not needing strobe lighting for visibility at night, I was after a light that would illuminate the drones surroundings.
People also included links to other brands. I was surprised that none of the products had any statement of light output, for example, lumens. Without knowing the light output, there is no clue to brightness. Its like saying, how long is a piece of string.
I would have expected the lights DJI fit would be bright enough to see the drone at night. I must check that out with my next flight.
Anyway, I think my purpose will be best served with 2 strip light torches rubber banded to the front arms. Weight for my needs is less important than brightness.
Interesting info though.
2019-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules