Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Question for users of Neewer filters
2115 16 2018-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GMG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3632605 ft
Australia

I've got my Polar Pro filters in a shipping container on the way back to Australia and wanted to find some filters that aren't quite so expensive in the interim (love my Polar Pros).

I've got the option to get a set of Neewer filters for cheap, but am confused by the following line in the description of the product:

"NOTE:These filters can be mounted ONLY WHEN the original stock filter is still in place. Includes ND4/PL, ND8/PL, ND16/PL, ND8, ND16 and ND32 Filters. Specifically designed for DJI Mavic Pro."

What does that mean?  What's the "original stock filter"?  If I've got a MPP will these work?  Is there some kind of mount these need to connect to?  I can't imagine that that's what they mean as it would surely mean that the gimbal wouldn't calibrate when the MP starts up.  
2018-1-12
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the neewer Nd filters 4,8,16&32 and they work fine for me. MP Pro placed on before powering up, goes through calibration with no problems.
2018-1-12
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3632605 ft
Australia

I was looking at the 6-pack (which includes polarising filters and the rim has a sort of latice work on it.  
2018-1-13
Use props
Whosin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56109 ft
Canada

I just got this a week ago

https://www.amazon.ca/Neewer-Mul ... ywords=nd+for+mavic

Need to push the filter passed gold line to pass gimbal initiation...
2018-1-13
Use props
Mike245
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1597963 ft

I also bought these
https://www.amazon.ca/Neewer-Mul ... ywords=nd+for+mavic
I`ve had no problems with fitting them and they pass the gimbal test no probs....
2018-4-20
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10318117 ft
Canada

Woe Posted at 2018-1-12 19:16
I have the neewer Nd filters 4,8,16&32 and they work fine for me. MP Pro placed on before powering up, goes through calibration with no problems.

thanks for the info, was debating whether I should get those or Polar?
2018-4-21
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Canada

just finished ordering them on Amazon thanks again!
2018-4-21
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Picanoc Jack Posted at 2018-4-21 09:15
thanks for the info, was debating whether I should get those or Polar?

No problem.
2018-4-21
Use props
Altech
lvl.4
Flight distance : 808091 ft

I had to trim mine, so the gimbal would work at start up regards Alex
20171223_123414.jpg
20171223_123414.jpg
20171223_123715.jpg
2018-4-21
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

I have and they fit perfectly. No issues putting them on. I am always changing them out and always come right off and go right on and never have had to modify them and they fit with no issues. Also the gimbal calibrates without issue and the footage I get from them is excellent. I really like them and is the best purchase for my MP
2018-4-21
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Canada

very encouraging thread Sparksbird   thanks for your input
2018-4-22
Use props
Hugh Jaynus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204754 ft

I just bought a set of these to replace my original DJI clip-on filters that literally fell apart (lens fell out). These Neewer filters aren't working for me though. They rub on the side and do not allow the gimbal to complete it's power-on self test. How is anyone using these?

I read reviews on the Polar Pro which look like the exact same design and there are a lot of people having the same trouble with those. So what do we use??
2018-5-13
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 315682 ft
  • >>>

Hugh Jaynus Posted at 2018-5-13 08:36
I just bought a set of these to replace my original DJI clip-on filters that literally fell apart (lens fell out). These Neewer filters aren't working for me though. They rub on the side and do not allow the gimbal to complete it's power-on self test. How is anyone using these?

I read reviews on the Polar Pro which look like the exact same design and there are a lot of people having the same trouble with those. So what do we use??

They look like the same design, because they copy everything we do
But their machining tolerances are a little different on the frames, and the glass quality is completely different.
Happy to answer any other questions!
-Jeff from PolarPro
2018-5-13
Use props
Hugh Jaynus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204754 ft

PolarPro Posted at 2018-5-13 08:52
They look like the same design, because they copy everything we do  
But their machining tolerances are a little different on the frames, and the glass quality is completely different.
Happy to answer any other questions!

Thanks. I appreciate your input. I will go to Best Buy and pick up some Polar Pro filters and try them for myself.

I am just wondering if the tolerances are slightly different on each mavic's camera/gimbal and mine just might not allow for enough for the filter. We'll see. I know I'm pushing these on all the way past the gold line yet they still rub....
2018-5-13
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Altech Posted at 2018-4-21 19:03
I had to trim mine, so the gimbal would work at start up regards Alex

I believe these are the older version of the neewer filters.  The ones I got are the new version.  From what I read it seems the older version some did have issue with them fitting and having gimbal calibration issues but with the new version I have had no issue.   You can see the clear difference from yours to the ones I have.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... e?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2018-5-13
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 315682 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hugh Jaynus Posted at 2018-5-13 09:01
Thanks. I appreciate your input. I will go to Best Buy and pick up some Polar Pro filters and try them for myself.

I am just wondering if the tolerances are slightly different on each mavic's camera/gimbal and mine just might not allow for enough for the filter. We'll see. I know I'm pushing these on all the way past the gold line yet they still rub....

All of ours will be compatible and will account for any variance in the Mavic Pro camera/gimbal
-Jeff fro PolarPro
2018-5-14
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 100220 ft
Canada

Sparksbird, how can u tell the difference between the newer and older neewrers, pls explain so I get the new version Tks
2018-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules