Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 1 landing gear antenna repair help
3314 7 2018-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ColinsWood
lvl.1

United States

Needing help!

I’m repairing my inspire 1 landing gear antenna. Thought I soldered it on correctly but damaged the wire enough to where it’s now too short to make contact correctly therefore losing signal.

So I need a new wire long enough so I can solder it. It needs replaced.....Anyone know how I can get a new replacement wire? I can’t seem to track one done online anywhere......is it a RG178 coaxial wire?

Looking for some direction...

Thanks

Colinswd

2018-1-12
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

which landing gear are you trying to fix? i recently purchased two wrecked inspires to make into one good working. so needless to say I have some extra parts. I can sell ya the whole landing gear with antenna and wire attached, or just the antenna and wire
2018-1-12
Use props
MedicFL1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4358570 ft
  • >>>
United States

soldering the Antenna wires requires the lightest of touches!
I would buy from broken sales (as above) as i have done before. Splicing coax can be tricky so  you'll want to put in a new wire.
Buy "Helping Hands" they hold the wire and Antenna in place while you repair.
I bought an ARM with wires for $75 off the bay.
2018-1-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sir, in your case, I would not recommend you repair it on your own. Please send it back for repair: http://www.dji.com/support. Thanks for your support.
2018-1-14
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Well I ended up fixing both wrecked Inspire, but is doing so I purchased a brand new arm that came with the antenna wires. So which do you need? The black or grey plug wire? Front is black, back is grey. Let me know and shoot me a price, message me if you want, I have PayPal
2018-1-18
Use props
fans2b960a00
lvl.2

United Kingdom

TruGreen Posted at 2018-1-18 02:19
Well I ended up fixing both wrecked Inspire, but is doing so I purchased a brand new arm that came with the antenna wires. So which do you need? The black or grey plug wire? Front is black, back is grey. Let me know and shoot me a price, message me if you want, I have PayPal

Hi, I know it's an old post but I'm about to purchase a new landing gear leg. Is it plug and play once fitted or will there still be soldering involved even on a new leg unit? Many thanks in advance.
2019-4-15
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

fans2b960a00 Posted at 4-15 07:21
Hi, I know it's an old post but I'm about to purchase a new landing gear leg. Is it plug and play once fitted or will there still be soldering involved even on a new leg unit? Many thanks in advance.

With Inspire 1 soldering is still the only option, and it's a tricky one. You really need good skills and strategy to do it right. There's few YTubers showing how to ...
2019-4-22
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans2b960a00 Posted at 4-15 07:21
Hi, I know it's an old post but I'm about to purchase a new landing gear leg. Is it plug and play once fitted or will there still be soldering involved even on a new leg unit? Many thanks in advance.

ive never soldered anything with the repairs ive done. just took my time and unplugged the antennas from the N-core and fished them through the new legs. just be sure to keep the correct order of how they are plugged in
2019-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules