5044 12 2018-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aero-Drone Imag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1048652 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am looking at purchasing a used DJI Inspire 1 V2. To lessen any confusion let me put this disclaimer out there, once purchased, I will be registering the SN with the FAA. What I would like to know is, can I activate a used aircraft with DJI once I purchase it? I do not want to run in to any issues with DJI when it comes to me updating firmware under my DJI account.

Clear as mud? Never purchased a used aircraft, I appreciate any feedback...

DocQuicksand
WEB: Aero-Drone Imagery
FB: Aero-Drone Imagery
2018-1-12
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Once the SN is already activated by the original owner there is no way to re-activate it.  As you can see my Inspire in not under my avatar since I purchased it used.  I'm assuming you can register it through FAA with your name using your new to you Inspire SN.
2018-1-12
Use props
Aero-Drone Imag
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2018-1-12 22:22
Once the SN is already activated by the original owner there is no way to re-activate it.  As you can see my Inspire in not under my avatar since I purchased it used.  I'm assuming you can register it through FAA with your name using your new to you Inspire SN.

I'm okay with there not being an Inspire Icon in my account, but have you had any issues with firmware updates?
2018-1-12
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aero-Drone Imag Posted at 2018-1-12 22:42
I'm okay with there not being an Inspire Icon in my account, but have you had any issues with firmware updates?

I have not done any FW update on mine, but with a used drone you should not have any problems with updates.
2018-1-13
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

new or used update the same.

2018-1-13
Use props
Aero-Drone Imag
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2018-1-13 03:10
I have not done any FW update on mine, but with a used drone you should not have any problems with updates.

I appreciate your feedback!
2018-1-13
Use props
Aero-Drone Imag
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2018-1-13 05:46
new or used update the same.

Thank you for your feedback!
2018-1-13
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Aero-Drone Imag Posted at 2018-1-13 06:41
Thank you for your feedback!

all my drones are used beside the P3S which was a Xmas gift new.  and never had any issues. just like Lucas said the only downfall to used is the little icon doesn't appear under the avatar. but the drone will still show under the flight logs and all the other stuff acts just like new
2018-1-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sir, the drone can only be activated once, and the activated email address can not be changed any more. You can login your DJI Account to fly. And the firmware update is same for brand new and used ones, no worries. Feel free to contact us if there is any further questions, we'll be here for help.
2018-1-14
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-14 19:40
Sir, the drone can only be activated once, and the activated email address can not be changed any more. You can login your DJI Account to fly. And the firmware update is same for brand new and used ones, no worries. Feel free to contact us if there is any further questions, we'll be here for help.

it should be made that the original owner once he/she sell off the drone they can unregister it. allowing the new owner to register said newly purchased drone to his/her account
2018-1-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

TruGreen Posted at 2018-1-14 20:20
it should be made that the original owner once he/she sell off the drone they can unregister it. allowing the new owner to register said newly purchased drone to his/her account

We understand your needs TruGreen, but currently, the activation info cannot be deleted or unregistered from our server. It's just an activation account and will not affect any warranty if it is transferred to another owner, appreciate your understanding.
2018-1-14
Use props
Aero-Drone Imag
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2018-1-14 20:20
it should be made that the original owner once he/she sell off the drone they can unregister it. allowing the new owner to register said newly purchased drone to his/her account

AGREED, 100%!!!
2018-1-15
Use props
The Skypod
lvl.1
United States

New to the forum , but not to DJI. I own a P4 , Mavic Pro , DJI Googles , DJI Goggles RE and the Ocusync Air System. I recently made a purchase through a online liquidation company for a pallet of return or discontinued  products . On this pallet was a brand new (appears to be ) Inspire 1 in its case with a X3 camera and 2 controllers. I am unable to get any idea if it is already registered or any info on how to activate it . Every other device was made simpler by using the DJI Assistant 2 software . I cannot do this with the Inspire. I am unable to get aircraft and remotes to connect or update . Need some advice besides contacting customer support. ThanksUPDATE ; Problem solved
2020-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules