Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Mavic pro platinum fell out of the sky for no reason!
1410 11 2018-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oliver23
New
Flight distance : 574 ft
United States

Was flying my mavic for about 3 minutes and then it just fell like a brick from mid air. Wanted to know if I did something wrong or if it was a malfunction?
2018-1-12
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you sure you didn't stop the motors by mistake by doing the V on the sitcks?
2018-1-12
Use props
Hexacopter
Second Officer

Australia

There is always a reason! Your problem is to discover why. As other people shall tell you, post your flight logs ;-)

* hex *
2018-1-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry for the crash, I would recommend you send the drone in for diagnosis and repair, our support will submit a data analysis for this crash to find out the cause if the drone is in warranty period, here is a link for you to start a case. https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2018-1-13
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Wanted to know if I did something wrong or if it was a malfunction?

Without more information all that can be offered is speculation. The best hope of figuring out what happened is the DAT file (flight log) stored on the Mavic itself, so if you're able to retrieve it and provide a link here I'll take a look and may be able to shed some light on what happened. The instructions for accessing DAT files are here, and if you're able to access it -- which may not be possible depending upon which firmware you're on -- then upload it to DropBox and provide a link to it in this thread. The correct DAT file should have a date and time that correspond to when the flight occurred and will be at least tens of megabytes in size, but if you aren't sure which is the correct one then just include any that you think might be it.

If you can't access the DAT file from the Mavic then the next best thing is the TXT file from your mobile device, but it provides far less information and probably won't be helpful in this case. The instructions for retrieving TXT files are here, and once you've retrieved it and uploaded it to PhantomHelp (not AirData) then please provide a link to the uploaded log in this thread.
2018-1-13
Use props
Oliver23
New
United States

I have been trying to access my flight record on my mavic but when I plug it in my laptop it won’t connect. Took a video of my phones flight record don’t know if this could help explain what happened.
2018-1-13
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
United States

Oliver23 Posted at 2018-1-13 08:58
I have been trying to access my flight record on my mavic but when I plug it in my laptop it won’t connect. Took a video of my phones flight record don’t know if this could help explain what happened.

That doesn't sound like the same problem most people are having with the latest firmware, but if you can't get the DAT file off the aircraft another option is to retrieve the more recent ones stored on the tablet using these instructions.
2018-1-13
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Captain
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

Sorry for the crash.

Can you provide us with some information about your device, dji go 4 version, any recent firmware updates, the weather, the environment where the crash was.
2018-1-13
Use props
Oliver23
New
United States

I've downloaded the DAT file off my iPhone and also took a video of my flight record, but for some reason it won't upload. I try to upload it on the forum but when I do it just says uploading file or photo 0/1, waited for about 30 minutes and nothing happens. Is there anyway I can email this information to someone that could help me out?
2018-1-13
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
United States

Oliver23 Posted at 2018-1-13 10:08
I've downloaded the DAT file off my iPhone and also took a video of my flight record, but for some reason it won't upload. I try to upload it on the forum but when I do it just says uploading file or photo 0/1, waited for about 30 minutes and nothing happens. Is there anyway I can email this information to someone that could help me out?

You can't upload those file(s) to the forum; you'll need to upload to DropBox or a similar service and then provide a link to the content here. If you don't already have a DropBox account then you'll also need to create one, which can be done for free.
2018-1-13
Use props
Oliver23
New
United States

Ok thanks,

This is the link to the video https://www.dropbox.com/s/l97vn29kdja21dj/IMG-4909.mov?dl=0

Link to DAT https://www.dropbox.com/s/p8ch3f ... -53_FLY031.DAT?dl=0
2018-1-13
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
United States

Thanks, that looks like the correct DAT file and after looking at it I don't see any indication that this was your fault. The log ends very abruptly with no indication of anything unusual (sudden movement or other major change in the aircraft's state that would imply a collision), which suggests that a total loss of power probably occurred. And no, per an earlier comment, there was no CSC or stick input of any kind in the last few seconds before the end of the flight. The DAT file from the Mavic itself might have more information, but it's not clear that it would really provide any more insight into what happened even if you could get to it.

You should open a case with DJI and indicate that this is a warranty case (not pilot error). They'll want you to sync your flight logs with their server, which you can do through the Go app and will also have you send the Mavic back to them for analysis. Please let us know what happens especially if -- as sometimes happens -- they push back on providing a free warranty replacement. Good luck.
2018-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules