Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Wrong date on photos/videos
5647 26 2018-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DaveAU
lvl.3
Flight distance : 113701 ft
Australia

For the last couple of weeks the photos and videos I have taken using my Inspire 2 have been set to January 2013. The date/time on the Crystal Sky is set correctly.
Here is a sample DNG taken yesterday (12th of January) but the date modified as well as the embedded capture date/time is 21st January 2013.

All the version numbers are still the same from my last post.

How can I fix this?
2018-1-12
Use props
Mark Guille
Captain
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

I'm only guessing here but it sounds like a cmos battery inside the bird has died or become dislodged. Has your I2 had a nock/hard landing?

Mark G.
2018-1-13
Use props
DaveAU
lvl.3
Australia

Mark Guille Posted at 2018-1-13 01:38
I'm only guessing here but it sounds like a cmos battery inside the bird has died or become dislodged. Has your I2 had a nock/hard landing?

Mark G.

No, never. I think it has been like this since the last firmware update.
2018-1-13
Use props
Mark Guille
Captain
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

eggbeater Posted at 2018-1-13 13:03
Until you own a I2 please stop telling people its their fault.  Your starting to sound like a paid DJI troll.  The same thing happens to me on a brand new replacement bird, in fact both of them!

I think you may have misread my comment, I'm pretty sure I didn't tell Dave it was his fault, certainly didn't mean to anyways.
My apologies DaveAU if it seemed like I was trolling you there pal, I was only trying to help.

Mark G.

2018-1-13
Use props
DaveAU
lvl.3
Australia

Any other suggestions? It shouldn't happen because it can get the exact date/time via the GPS.
2018-1-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Dave, did you have a strong GPS signal when you flew the drone?
If yes, I recommend to refresh the firmware via DJI Assistant 2 to see if the issue persists.
2018-1-15
Use props
DaveAU
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-15 02:25
Hi Dave, did you have a strong GPS signal when you flew the drone?
If yes, I recommend to refresh the firmware via DJI Assistant 2 to see if the issue persists.

Yes, both times I had strong GPS lock. I'll refresh the firmware using DJI Assistant and let you know the outcome.
2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DaveAU Posted at 2018-1-15 19:34
Yes, both times I had strong GPS lock. I'll refresh the firmware using DJI Assistant and let you know the outcome.

Thank you very much for your time to do the test and in addition, may I know if you have also purchased the license?
2018-1-15
Use props
DaveAU
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-15 23:54
Thank you very much for your time to do the test and in addition, may I know if you have also purchased the license?

The refresh of the firmware seems to have fixed it.

No, I have not also purchased the license.

There is an issue still though, I have flight records now with the wrong dates, showing that my last 6 flights were recorded as January 2013. Is there any way which that can be resolved?
2018-1-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DaveAU Posted at 2018-1-16 02:51
The refresh of the firmware seems to have fixed it.

No, I have not also purchased the license.

This is the flight records in CrystalSky right? I saw you have already synced them to the cloud, could you please PM me your DJI account? I will try to sync again to see if the date is still wrong, thank you.
2018-1-17
Use props
DaveAU
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-17 01:52
This is the flight records in CrystalSky right? I saw you have already synced them to the cloud, could you please PM me your DJI account? I will try to sync again to see if the date is still wrong, thank you.

Hi Mindy, I PMed you my DJI account, have you been able to take a look? Thanks.
2018-1-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DaveAU Posted at 2018-1-19 13:13
Hi Mindy, I PMed you my DJI account, have you been able to take a look? Thanks.

Thank you Dave, I synced your account and there are a few records are 2013, I will forward the issue to our engineers for further analysis, I will keep you updated soon, thank you.
2018-1-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Update: I just verified with our engineers, if the time in CrystalSky is wrong, the date in flight records cannot be modified or changed any more. Please make more tests and let us know if the issue persists.
2018-1-24
Use props
DaveAU
lvl.3
Australia

The problem is persisting. After a reboot, the date/time is set to 21st of January 2013. If I connect it to a network it will set the date correctly after a short wait. I would have expected it to have pulled the date/time from GPS when it starts. Is this something which can be fixed in future?
2018-2-4
Use props
larryf
Flight distance : 891732 ft
United States

I'm having the same issue.  When I remove the battery from my Crystal Sky, the date is reset to 2013.  Shouldn't there be an internal CMOS battery to retain the date/time when the battery is out?
2018-4-4
Use props
Ralphhuttonthompson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666188 ft
Canada

HAving the same problem (interestingly the same 2013 dates) with my MAvic 2 pro with smart controller. How do we fix this please?
2019-3-24
Use props
Jonny Lakewood
lvl.3
Flight distance : 484760 ft
United States

Mindy - maybe you can update us.  
We are having a very similar issue over here:  https://forum.dji.com/thread-183553-1-1.html

We really need an update.  This issue is causing problems with PART 107 file dates, file storage schemes and hardware dates (i.e. my Mavic 2 Zoom and all my batteries now show a purchase date of Jan 18,2013 in my Airdata UAV file.)
PLEASE HELP!!
thank you
2019-3-27
Use props
mike9887
lvl.3
Flight distance : 220292 ft
United States

Interesting, my new Smart Controller is exhibiting the same problems described in this thread.  
2019-3-28
Use props
Dan M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15058491 ft
  • >>>
United States

While I'm not getting the 2013 date, my M2P/Smart Controller combination seems to use the date the Smart Controller was last connected to a network. If I power it up at my house today, then go shoot somewhere next week, the EXIF data and file creation date will be today, and not the actual flight date.
***EDIT***
I just powered up the Smart Controller, and shut off WiFi before it had a chance to connect. While my photos have never shown January 18, 2013, the Smart Controller is showing that date. After turning the WiFi back on, the automatic network date and time displayed correctly.  I then turned WiFi back off, turned off Aurtomatic date and time, set the date and time manually, and rebooted. Right back to January 18, 2013, 3:50am.  The clock seems to be starting there, and counting forward. (3:51am, one minute after booting up.
This is really making a mess out of asset management, since the best I can do to corrrect this is to go back to my images on the computer, and manually set the two EXIF dates. The time is a pain to adjust, mainly because my records don't have the exact time of each shot without accurate EXIF data.
2019-3-29
Use props
CODRONEzoom
Flight distance : 573894 ft
United States

Dan M Posted at 3-29 02:48
While I'm not getting the 2013 date, my M2P/Smart Controller combination seems to use the date the Smart Controller was last connected to a network. If I power it up at my house today, then go shoot somewhere next week, the EXIF data and file creation date will be today, and not the actual flight date.
***EDIT***
I just powered up the Smart Controller, and shut off WiFi before it had a chance to connect. While my photos have never shown January 18, 2013, the Smart Controller is showing that date. After turning the WiFi back on, the automatic network date and time displayed correctly.  I then turned WiFi back off, turned off Aurtomatic date and time, set the date and time manually, and rebooted. Right back to January 18, 2013, 3:50am.  The clock seems to be starting there, and counting forward. (3:51am, one minute after booting up.

same here, please fix this @DJI
2019-4-2
Use props
CODRONEzoom
United States

mike9887 Posted at 3-28 03:36
Interesting, my new Smart Controller is exhibiting the same problems described in this thread.

True, I have this problem. nerve wrecking
2019-4-2
Use props
CODRONEzoom
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-24 05:48
Update: I just verified with our engineers, if the time in CrystalSky is wrong, the date in flight records cannot be modified or changed any more. Please make more tests and let us know if the issue persists.

Smart controller sets date/time to jan 2013, everytime the DJI Smart Controller is rebooted. PLEASE ESCALATE THIS!
2019-4-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Dan M Posted at 3-29 02:48
***EDIT***
I just powered up the Smart Controller, and shut off WiFi before it had a chance to connect. While my photos have never shown January 18, 2013, the Smart Controller is showing that date. After turning the WiFi back on, the automatic network date and time displayed correctly.  I then turned WiFi back off, turned off Aurtomatic date and time, set the date and time manually, and rebooted. Right back to January 18, 2013, 3:50am.  The clock seems to be starting there, and counting forward. (3:51am, one minute after booting up.

Hi Dan M, sorry for the troubles with the Smart Controller, this issue will get optimized via the next firmware of Smart Controller, please wait patiently, thanks.
2019-4-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

CODRONEzoom Posted at 4-2 16:41
Smart controller sets date/time to jan 2013, everytime the DJI Smart Controller is rebooted. PLEASE ESCALATE THIS!

Hi CODRONEzoom, this issue has been reported to our engineers and is estimated to be optimized in the next firmware of Smart Controller, sorry for the trouble caused.
2019-4-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jonny Lakewood Posted at 3-27 15:47
Mindy - maybe you can update us.  
We are having a very similar issue over here:  https://forum.dji.com/thread-183553-1-1.html

Hi Jonny, this issue has been reported to our engineers and is estimated to be optimized in the next firmware of Smart Controller, sorry for the trouble caused and please wait patiently.
2019-4-3
Use props
Jonny Lakewood
lvl.3
Flight distance : 484760 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-3 02:02
Hi Jonny, this issue has been reported to our engineers and is estimated to be optimized in the next firmware of Smart Controller, sorry for the trouble caused and please wait patiently.

THanks Mindy.  There is one thing I'd like your dev guys to focus on; that is my Mavic 2 Zoom and my 3 batteries all show they were purchased on Jan 18, 2013 in my flight records of my Airdata UAV account. The Manufacture date and Lase Used date look normal.
My concerns are:
-what other places will this occur?
-how will I correct these records?
2019-4-3
Use props
FlyinLo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7004009 ft
United States

I have never had this issue with my Inspire 2 and just out of the blue it marked all of my images with a 2013 date!!  I flew using the Cendence Controller with the Crystal Sky (like many times before).  So why in the world did it all of a sudden tag my images as 2013 instead of the current date/time in 2020?  Please advise.
2020-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules