Samsung 7 with a Mavic built for Mac
390 4 2018-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Viscious Kitten
New

United States

Kind Forum,
I teach at a flight club at our local public school, I am the resident volunteer scientist, and have focused on collective pitch helicopters to teach flight science on weekends with some reasonable kiddo pilots.
Our school has some amazing teachers, and opportunities to do some wetland ecology studies with the kids.
I purchased a new Spark and a used Mavic Pro to join the wetland studies learning opportunities with the experience of aerial photography, and flight science.

I have a Samsung 7 and Tablet running Android Version 6.01.  Our Flight club also has 6 older iPads running flight simulators.
I can't seem to get either the Spark or the Mavic Pro to link to link to my Android devices.
The Mavic Pro says "made for iPhone"
Can I update the firmware to get either the Spark or Mavic Pro to link with Go 4 running on Android?
What am I doing wrong?
Thank You all for your Kind Help in andvance.
Peace,
Mark of the Viscious Kittens and Flaming Chickens Flight Club, Sauvie Island Oregon.

2018-1-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

The Mavic can connect to the Android devices as well. Here is a compatible device list for your reference only. May I know how did you connect the Spark and the Mavic to your Android devices?
For the Spark, you should connect your mobile device to the Spark WiFi, then open the DJI GO 4 APP.
For the Mavic, you can try to connect your mobile device to the USB port beneath the RC via the USB cable that came with your mobile device, then open the DJI GO 4 APP, see if it helps.
Should you have any further questions, please feel free to provide us more details, we'd like to help. 1.png
2018-1-13
Use props
Viscious Kitten
New

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-1-13 01:00
The Mavic can connect to the Android devices as well. Here is a compatible device list for your reference only. May I know how did you connect the Spark and the Mavic to your Android devices?
For the Spark, you should connect your mobile device to the Spark WiFi, then open the DJI GO 4 APP.
For the Mavic, you can try to connect your mobile device to the USB port beneath the RC via the USB cable that came with your mobile device, then open the DJI GO 4 APP, see if it helps.

Dianna,

Thank You so much for helping me.
The Mavic Pro controller keeps blinking an error of System Problem Check App, but
The controller is  moving the camera gimbal.

I paired the Spark to my phone and the update firmware  window opened. After I finished the firmware updates on both the Spark and Mavic, I can see that I do have telemetry control of each aircraft, but they are not responsive to the sticks.

I think I am missing a calibration or setting within the GO 4 app, Tutorial Time (smile).

Is it possible to use the same Samung Tablet with the Spark and Mavic Pro?
Peace,
Mark

2018-1-13
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

You can use the same device on both the spark and Mavic.

You should not have any issues with the S7 or Apple however for Apple you may need to be on IOS11.2 when using the latest Go4 and firmware.
2018-1-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Viscious Kitten Posted at 2018-1-13 12:55
Dianna,

Thank You so much for helping me.

Yes, you can use the same tablet with the Spark and the Mavic pro, but not the same time.
Have you got any error message on the APP when the Mavic is connected to the APP? If yes, what is it?
There are lots of tutorial videos on Youtube. Here is a link of the DJI Support videos for your reference only.  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8-vxWY64sBNLusG0MvxD4Dm-tX4cnvzX  
2018-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules