Bad camera quality
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4e869cc8
New
Belgium

Hi,

I shooted footage with my Phantom 3SE en the footage looks terrible.
The setting were HD and 60fps. In the left bottom corner were some strange things happening @0:22 I have no idea how to describe it.
The footage is not graded yet , I took it straight from the SD card.
Somebody knows whats wrong? Would be a great help!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFu0FDAyGr4&feature=youtu.be
2018-1-13
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

Its a very hazy day! What HD were you shooting at, ie. 720p 1080etc. What mode was the camera set at? Give us more imput.
2018-1-13
Use props
fans4e869cc8
New
Belgium

MJLSTUDIOS Posted at 2018-1-13 10:30
Its a very hazy day! What HD were you shooting at, ie. 720p 1080etc. What mode was the camera set at? Give us more imput.

was in manual mode and 1080p 60fps  with iso 200 and shutterspeed I don't know anymore :/ could it be the shutterspeed?
2018-1-13
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

What you described in the bottom left corner is some form of lensing effect ive not seen this happen in a dji drone. Not saying that it hasnt others may be aware of this effect in dji drones i have seen it happen in other models and the cause was found out to be vibration from one of the motors caused it but i think what your experiencing is something different.
You may have a fault with your camera. The fact that it is specific to just the left bottom corner makes me think that your camera may have a malfunction
2018-1-13
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

To discribe what is happening i would have to call it a slight distortion of the image can be seen in the cars and buildings as the drone pans left and right it appears to be one maybe 2 vertical bands of distortion that go to approx half way up the screen.
2018-1-13
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Sorry to hear that. I had a similar issue with a Mavic Pro. Unfortunately DJI was unable to give me proper support on this failure and I returned the Mavic to the store.
My new Mavic. Straight from the SD and unedited.
Hope you are still coverred by the warranty and be able to fix it
2018-1-13
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

To be honest, I would not have even bothered to shoot on a day with weather like that. It is so dull that you are simply not going to obtain decent images. The shot is also way under-exposed. I suggest you put the camera in manual exposure mode, display the histogram and use it to adjust the exposure manually.
2018-1-13
Use props
endotherm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

If you are describing the shimmer effect, I can see it repeat on the bottom right as well.  It is difficult to tell from youtube videos as they tend to be highly processed and often what you are trying to highlight gets lost.   I noticed that when you were landing, the camera lateral movements tended to be jerky, like the gimbal was binding, perhaps dirty or loose or frozen?  That could explain the shimmer, although frankly, I agree shooting on a day like this is going to produce some crappy footage, and at that exposure it's going to exaggerate the fault.
2018-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules