I wish the vision app or assistant had error longing capability
1073 2 2015-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
motia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14452 ft
United States

Couple of days ago, I hiked into the superstition mountains just east of Phoenix Arizona taking the phantom on my back with me.
Got into a high point above Saguaro Lake and prepared for a flight doing all the regular pre flight checks - all looked normal. Taking up to the air hovering for few seconds with no issue, taking it up. Hovering again at about 30-40ft high, the most scarry thing happened - all four lights "SOLID RED" ! The dreadful "ERROR" nobody want's to see. Almost got a heart attack already seeing in my mind my bird flying into the lake or crashing into the side of the mountain - but noticing the bird still hovering seemingly in control, I started to slowly take it down. After about 10 feet down and 10 sec later, all alarms are clear and got my flashing green back.
I took it all the way down and inspect it and looked at the video - no interaptions, all looked normal. Took it back in the air and finished the battery with no more issues. Unfortunatly, when it happened, I did not look at my phone screen to see if I get any error message, I was fixated on the bird itself.
Back home, connecting it to the comuter, did not see anything abnormal.
I wonder if the issue was lose of some data (GPS or Compass) due to the mountain made of granite rocks...
Anyway - I wish there was some error logs, either in the app or I could extract it with the assistant software, so I could see what happened.
This is a photo of the location I took before it happened:

Saguaro Lake

Saguaro Lake
2015-4-22
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

Solid Red is usually dead for sure...I have only had the red flashings twice...turned it off, pulled battery, reseated it and flew about my business..wish I could help more!..and hope you figure it out,..
Are you running iOS or Android?
Maybe worth an IMU calibration regardless!
As for the error log, agreed, even if it was a screen capture on signal loss or something...would be great!
2015-4-22
Use props
motia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14452 ft
United States

Thanks North. I am an IOS person, and who knows what the efatal error was hatn manage to correct itself. I wish I knew - I would have been able to learn from it to maybe avoid certain situations and share my experience, but I guess DJI choose to to give us that ability - who knows, maybe its to protect themselfs from concequenses if pilots will know why their dones crashed or flew away...
2015-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules