1287 8 2018-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Raimenzio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237057 ft
Lithuania

Hi to all,
It was a nice day today and I took my drone to fly around. Now the intersting thing that I got all kinds of errors and since I've been reading here all kinds of horror stories of escaped sparks I want to know - Should I be worried? My log is here: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/QK1BND9XMVU1M2TO7SIG/
I did a compass calibration afterwards, allthough not in the same place, away from metalic and transmitting stuff. One thing that I understand that yaw error is not promissing anything good, but not sure what is causing it.
So what do you think?   

2018-1-13
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

First of all I am glad to see that you have had a happy landing in the end! Others have ended less fortunate with similar flight patterns. My main observations on your flightrecord might surprise you and I hope you won't take them as an offense. They are not meant to offend, they are meant to have a thought about what the Spark is made for and what not. So my point one is that I am always surprised when I see relatively new users flying maneuvers like you did in sport mode before maybe having taken enough time to get their aircraft to know a bit better. I might be too conservative or too respectful, but even after now almost five months with my Spark nothing of that kind of flying would have come to my mind. What surprises me even more is when such serious error messages start to come up, some pilots do not consider to do the most logical thing which would be to land immediately and check what might cause the error messages before continuing to fly.
And now to the other details of your flightrecord. There seems to have been heavy interference of some kind around or a badly (in unsuitable conditions) calibrated compass beforehand. I can't tell you much more, but in post 11# of this thread you'll find some explanations from one of our most experienced pilots here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-128676-1-1.html
2018-1-13
Use props
djiuser_pVzOCZc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 120361 ft
Australia

I'd keep an eye one it and report your observations as it might might help others.  In future flights check the state of IMU and compass in the app and also check that the real heading of AC matches what is being shown in the Go4 App, before you take off. There has been a few theories floating around that there has been an increased number of yaw errors with firmware versions beyond .0701.  If in your experimentation you are able reproduce the yaw error issue, share the recipe as it will go a long way in getting to the bottom of what is going on.      
2018-1-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think it’s fair to say you were maxed out on your sticks all through this flight. I think combination of wind very fast and sudden movements are a big factor in the warnings you were receiving, although you would think spark should be able to handle this type of flying, the reality is it won’t , and as soon as you got first warnings you should have landed your craft immediately it does explain this in your manual.

I have seen similar flying done in test manner with spark flying in high wind full sport mode with same erratic flying and it replicates your flying and the results you were getting, whether the cpu is powerful enough to keep up with such aggressive flying.

I would if I was you go out and test with not so much aggressive flying to see how you get on.
2018-1-14
Use props
Raimenzio
lvl.4
Lithuania

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-13 14:12
First of all I am glad to see that you have had a happy landing in the end! Others have ended less fortunate with similar flight patterns. My main observations on your flightrecord might surprise you and I hope you won't take them as an offense. They are not meant to offend, they are meant to have a thought about what the Spark is made for and what not. So my point one is that I am always surprised when I see relatively new users flying maneuvers like you did in sport mode before maybe having taken enough time to get their aircraft to know a bit better. I might be too conservative or too respectful, but even after now almost five months with my Spark nothing of that kind of flying would have come to my mind. What surprises me even more is when such serious error messages start to come up, some pilots do not consider to do the most logical thing which would be to land immediately and check what might cause the error messages before continuing to fly.
And now to the other details of your flightrecord. There seems to have been heavy interference of some kind around or a badly (in unsuitable conditions) calibrated compass beforehand. I can't tell you much more, but in post 11# of this thread you'll find some explanations from one of our most experienced pilots here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-128676-1-1.html

Thanks for pointing to information about yaw errors! As for your thoughts about harsh flying - there is no need to be protective. I think if it has the sport mode, you can pull the stick to the end, of course with good evaluation of the area and situation. One thing you cannot see from logs, that it was a game of cat and mouse, so I'm not going to details, but i usually my flight are much more calm.
And I'm not landed the aircraft immediately, because it went back no normal GPS mode, so it has to be momentarily thing, which repeated itself from time to time.
As I was flying today, in normal, none sport mode everything was fine until I engaged sport mode and just went full speed ahead immediately got compass error, even i was outside city with no celltowers around and other interference sources.
2018-1-14
Use props
Raimenzio
lvl.4
Lithuania

djiuser_pVzOCZc Posted at 2018-1-13 16:18
I'd keep an eye one it and report your observations as it might might help others.  In future flights check the state of IMU and compass in the app and also check that the real heading of AC matches what is being shown in the Go4 App, before you take off. There has been a few theories floating around that there has been an increased number of yaw errors with firmware versions beyond .0701.  If in your experimentation you are able reproduce the yaw error issue, share the recipe as it will go a long way in getting to the bottom of what is going on.

Thanks for reply, I did watched the position of the aircraft in the app and it seems there is a slight inadequacy, but not that significant, so I guess some deviation is allowable.
I had some flights before i never had the compass errors, so what I can figure is that must be due some firmware issues, aging of the components, or maybe the cold weather.
2018-1-14
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

Raimenzio Posted at 2018-1-14 04:49
Thanks for pointing to information about yaw errors! As for your thoughts about harsh flying - there is no need to be protective. I think if it has the sport mode, you can pull the stick to the end, of course with good evaluation of the area and situation. One thing you cannot see from logs, that it was a game of cat and mouse, so I'm not going to details, but i usually my flight are much more calm.
And I'm not landed the aircraft immediately, because it went back no normal GPS mode, so it has to be momentarily thing, which repeated itself from time to time.
As I was flying today, in normal, none sport mode everything was fine until I engaged sport mode and just went full speed ahead immediately got compass error, even i was outside city with no celltowers around and other interference sources.

there is no problem in the way you have used your sticks provided you didn't use any third party software to change the default configuration values.  SPARK can handle your movements easily.
2018-1-14
Use props
Raimenzio
lvl.4
Lithuania

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-14 04:35
I think it’s fair to say you were maxed out on your sticks all through this flight. I think combination of wind very fast and sudden movements are a big factor in the warnings you were receiving, although you would think spark should be able to handle this type of flying, the reality is it won’t , and as soon as you got first warnings you should have landed your craft immediately it does explain this in your manual.

I have seen similar flying done in test manner with spark flying in high wind full sport mode with same erratic flying and it replicates your flying and the results you were getting, whether the cpu is powerful enough to keep up with such aggressive flying.

I was testing today away from reference, first did a compass calibration then flied around in none sport mode. After 5:19 switched to sport and went straight forward and u turn, then compass had enough =) Returned back and got gps error, then landed. All is here: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/BV427OCN66YS6DWER3L6/
Changed battery, again recalibrated compass and then did some flying with no issues. At least for now.
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/EUIWANQH96BL9DA8U2Z0/
2018-1-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Raimenzio Posted at 2018-1-14 11:50
I was testing today away from reference, first did a compass calibration then flied around in none sport mode. After 5:19 switched to sport and went straight forward and u turn, then compass had enough =) Returned back and got gps error, then landed. All is here: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/BV427OCN66YS6DWER3L6/
Changed battery, again recalibrated compass and then did some flying with no issues. At least for now.
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/EUIWANQH96BL9DA8U2Z0/

Maybe bad calibration, let us know how it’s going.
2018-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules